PKHEX help

Hi guys, new here

I used to pkhex my pkeys to make them legal competitive shinies

Finally i just bought Pokemon Sword, so my OCD is telling me to get the shiny dex once again

How do I send the gnerated pokemon to my Pokemon Sword? Do I have to hack my Switch? If so, any recommended method?

I still have my hacked 3DS is its any help

1 hour ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

Hi guys, new here

I used to pkhex my pkeys to make them legal competitive shinies

Finally i just bought Pokemon Sword, so my OCD is telling me to get the shiny dex once again

How do I send the gnerated pokemon to my Pokemon Sword? Do I have to hack my Switch? If so, any recommended method?

I still have my hacked 3DS is its any help

The easiest and most simple way to do this is to cave, and buy Pokémon Bank.
I assume you know that you can transfer Pokémon from Bank into Home, but I forgot whether that's a premium Home feature. If it is, add another month of Home onto the price.
One year of Bank (yes, year, there isn't an option for a single month as far as I remember) is $4.99.
One month of Home (if transferring from Bank is a premium feature) is $2.99.
If it's not a premium feature, it's free for 30 Pokémon, which I assume is more than enough to get all of your 'mons to where you need them.
So, if you want these Pokémon in your Sword save, it'll cost at most $7.98, and at least $4.99.

The less expensive, but more difficult method is hacking your Switch.
If you don't have the specific Switch needed to hack it, you are going to have to pay.
The website below is a website to tell you whether your Switch is hackable or not.
https://ismyswitchpatched.com
If you can't find the serial number, it's that white tag on the same side as the USB-C port.
If your Switch is hackable, great! Just a bit of effort, and you'll have yourself a hacked Switch.
If not, oof. Cough up between $5 and $8 for Bank and Home.

However, there is another method for hacking the Switch that I'm not 100% sure on. I don't remember the name or anything about how difficult it is to pull off, but it allows for EVERY Switch, regardless of serial number, to be hacked. A quick Google search should give you the answer on that.

Happy transferring!

Edited by itsskinnymems

1 hour ago, itsskinnymems said:

The easiest and most simple way to do this is to cave, and buy Pokémon Bank.
I assume you know that you can transfer Pokémon from Bank into Home, but I forgot whether that's a premium Home feature. If it is, add another month of Home onto the price.
One year of Bank (yes, year, there isn't an option for a single month as far as I remember) is $4.99.
One month of Home (if transferring from Bank is a premium feature) is $2.99.
If it's not a premium feature, it's free for 30 Pokémon, which I assume is more than enough to get all of your 'mons to where you need them.
So, if you want these Pokémon in your Sword save, it'll cost at most $7.98, and at least $4.99.

The less expensive, but more difficult method is hacking your Switch.
If you don't have the specific Switch needed to hack it, you are going to have to pay.
The website below is a website to tell you whether your Switch is hackable or not.
https://ismyswitchpatched.com
If you can't find the serial number, it's that white tag on the same side as the USB-C port.
If your Switch is hackable, great! Just a bit of effort, and you'll have yourself a hacked Switch.
If not, oof. Cough up between $5 and $8 for Bank and Home.

However, there is another method for hacking the Switch that I'm not 100% sure on. I don't remember the name or anything about how difficult it is to pull off, but it allows for EVERY Switch, regardless of serial number, to be hacked. A quick Google search should give you the answer on that.

Happy transferring!

Thanks, my Switch has the BoTW design so its one of the very 1st ones. Hope that makes it hackable. I've looked up a few YouTube tutorial butt they all need a few things to buy and take like 69 steps. Lol

For the most part, if your Switch is a hackable model, you probably only need to buy the jig.
You can do without buying the jig, but it increases your chances of destroying your right joycon rail.

Frankly, I'll rather you not follow any video guides, and follow this word guide to the letter: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Make sure you read through it a few times before attempting anything.

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

For the most part, if your Switch is a hackable model, you probably only need to buy the jig.
You can do without buying the jig, but it increases your chances of destroying your right joycon rail.

Frankly, I'll rather you not follow any video guides, and follow this word guide to the letter: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Make sure you read through it a few times before attempting anything.

ugh, that part about "permanent brick" really scared me cus the Switch belongs to both me and my sis

HAve you hacked your Switch?
Also, the video tutorial follows the instructions form the link you posted, butt yeah, reading it is a lot better

1 hour ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

ugh, that part about "permanent brick" really scared me cus the Switch belongs to both me and my sis

if you're talking about my "increases your chances of destroying your right joycon rail" statement, IIRC it doesn't brick the Switch.
I think it just makes unable to use the right joycon while slot in. Of course, if you use the wrong pins who knows if you can blow the fuse or short it incorrectly or something. Hence why jig.

Yup, I have performed the hack on two different Switches are two different points in time.
I used the same jig for them both. Only had to use the jig once each effectively. (I have Auto RCM turned on after that)

Frankly the short version is (if your device is compatible):
1) Enter Recovery Mode on your Switch (which would require a jig or some alternate way to enter RCM)
2) Connect USB C cable between Switch and PC
3) Send payload from PC to Switch.
4) Congrats, you're now on CFW.

When you boil it down to that, it's not really that complex. It's just that the guide is very very detailed, so that people don't make any missteps.

So yeah, make sure your device is okay (using the serial ID of your device on the link posted earlier in this thread), is so, follow the guide thoroughly.
Do note it is all at your own risk, of course :3

On 7/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, theSLAYER said:

if you're talking about my "increases your chances of destroying your right joycon rail" statement, IIRC it doesn't brick the Switch.
I think it just makes unable to use the right joycon while slot in. Of course, if you use the wrong pins who knows if you can blow the fuse or short it incorrectly or something. Hence why jig.

Yup, I have performed the hack on two different Switches are two different points in time.
I used the same jig for them both. Only had to use the jig once each effectively. (I have Auto RCM turned on after that)

1) Enter Recovery Mode on your Switch (which would require a jig or some alternate way to enter RCM)

When you boil it down to that, it's not really that complex. It's just that the guide is very very detailed, so that people don't make any missteps.

So yeah, make sure your device is okay (using the serial ID of your device on the link posted earlier in this thread), is so, follow the guide thoroughly.

I'll think about it a bit more, thank you very much

On 7/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, theSLAYER said:

Saw you can use a paper clip instead of the RCM jig, is that true? lol

2 hours ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

Saw you can use a paper clip instead of the RCM jig, is that true? lol

you can but you risk damaging your pins and/or rail. Hence why jig is the better option for beginners.

It's 3D printed to fit exactly, and it contacts with the correct pins. Little room for user error.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:41 AM, theSLAYER said:

you can but you risk damaging your pins and/or rail. Hence why jig is the better option for beginners.

It's 3D printed to fit exactly, and it contacts with the correct pins. Little room for user error.

I looked it up, my Switch is not patched.

I already have the USB A to C and a 32 Gb microSD card.

I guess all I need now is the jig, huh?

24 minutes ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

Ugh....so, being honest, what are the chances of me fishing up?

Being honest, I have no clue. I'm not you, not someone around you, so I would have no honest idea.

Assuming you followed the guide to the letter, and used the appropriate jig (rather then trying to bend pins, use paper clips etc), the chances of messing up is pretty darn low.

If I screw up, does my Switch get brick'd?

Let's assume it's a mess up on your part, and not system failure or code corruption or anything of that sort.

It depends on which step you mess up, and how bad the mess up is.

For example, if you pressed the wrong buttons to enter RCM, that's technically a mess up. But that "mess up" does nothing. Without the correct button combination + jig, your Switch would boot into OFW, cause you did nothing. (You gotta enter RCM to try to run the payload).

Another example, you got into RCM but used the wrong payload. Thus your Switch didn't boot into CFW. As long as the "wrong payload" isn't a virus that wipes your system memory (Nand) clean, just hard power off your Switch, and on the next power on it'll boot normally into OFW.

As it stands, CFW installation isn't permanent. Think of it as a tethered boot or cold boot. Every system reboot (if you don't use the reboot to payload homebrew) will require the payload to be sent into the Switch. (So another RCM -> connect USB C -> Send payload)

I have Auto RCM, which is effectively a functionality to boot my Switch into RCM if I were to hard reboot, this way I don't have to keep using the Jig to enter RCM.
And even that isn't fully permament; Auto RCM can be turned off with another payload.

So as long as you managed to obtain a NAND dump (so that you can restore it in the event the NAND gets corrupted), and don't mess up the entering RCM portion (I don't know, crossing pins, shorting a fuse etc), you should be fine.

All at your own risk, of course.

Side-bar: it seems like you are sitting on doing the hack, and have been asking for assurance, and using that to stall the installation. I cannot give you the assurance you need. Either do it or not do it, your choice. Don't let someone else talk you into doing something you would regret. Ultimately you're the one that has to live with the regret. So my take is that you should just pick the choice you're less likely to regret, and go with it.

Also, the thing about Recovery Mode (RCM), is that it is.. a Recovery Mode.

It's something the manufacturers use to Recover the Switch.

While we don't have software to recover a Switch that does not have a Nand Backup (manufacturers probably have that), as long as you have a Nand backup, just enter RCM and restore your Nand. So, when the guide tells you to do a Nand dump, do it.

Anyhow, reread the guide multiple times. Understand that you aren't really overwriting the content of your Switch until later on (if you install Auto RCM). Learn how you're not really installing anything into your system permanently (unless Auto RCM. or not using Emunand/EmuMMC). [Running the Hekate payload just redirects the Switch in RCM to run the code on your SD card, your MMC should be fine unless you randomly overwrite it without reading the steps]

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Being honest, I have no clue. I'm not you, not someone around you, so I would have no honest idea.

Assuming you followed the guide to the letter, and used the appropriate jig (rather then trying to bend pins, use paper clips etc), the chances of messing up is pretty darn low.

Let's assume it's a mess up on your part, and not system failure or code corruption or anything of that sort.

It depends on which step you mess up, and how bad the mess up is.

For example, if you pressed the wrong buttons to enter RCM, that's technically a mess up. But that "mess up" does nothing. Without the correct button combination + jig, your Switch would boot into OFW, cause you did nothing. (You gotta enter RCM to try to run the payload).

Another example, you got into RCM but used the wrong payload. Thus your Switch didn't boot into CFW. As long as the "wrong payload" isn't a virus that wipes your system memory (Nand) clean, just hard power off your Switch, and on the next power on it'll boot normally into OFW.

As it stands, CFW installation isn't permanent. Think of it as a tethered boot or cold boot. Every system reboot (if you don't use the reboot to payload homebrew) will require the payload to be sent into the Switch. (So another RCM -> connect USB C -> Send payload)

I have Auto RCM, which is effectively a functionality to boot my Switch into RCM if I were to hard reboot, this way I don't have to keep using the Jig to enter RCM.
And even that isn't fully permament; Auto RCM can be turned off with another payload.

So as long as you managed to obtain a NAND dump (so that you can restore it in the event the NAND gets corrupted), and don't mess up the entering RCM portion (I don't know, crossing pins, shorting a fuse etc), you should be fine.

All at your own risk, of course.

Side-bar: it seems like you are sitting on doing the hack, and have been asking for assurance, and using that to stall the installation. I cannot give you the assurance you need. Either do it or not do it, your choice. Don't let someone else talk you into doing something you would regret. Ultimately you're the one that has to live with the regret. So my take is that you should just pick the choice you're less likely to regret, and go with it.

Also, the thing about Recovery Mode (RCM), is that it is.. a Recovery Mode.

It's something the manufacturers use to Recover the Switch.

While we don't have software to recover a Switch that does not have a Nand Backup (manufacturers probably have that), as long as you have a Nand backup, just enter RCM and restore your Nand. So, when the guide tells you to do a Nand dump, do it.

Anyhow, reread the guide multiple times. Understand that you aren't really overwriting the content of your Switch until later on (if you install Auto RCM). Learn how you're not really installing anything into your system permanently (unless Auto RCM. or not using Emunand/EmuMMC). [Running the Hekate payload just redirects the Switch in RCM to run the code on your SD card, your MMC should be fine unless you randomly overwrite it without reading the steps]

Yeah, I am stalling abit because if it were just my Switch then that's fine, but it's both my sister's and mine, so..... yeah.

The Switch has the Breath of the Wild design on it and she is a hard die fan of it, she knows everything in the lore and i thiiiiiink she can read runes and shit

I just wanna be able to make shiny competitives, lol, for pokemon

14 minutes ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

Yeah, I am stalling abit because if it were just my Switch then that's fine, but it's both my sister's and mine, so..... yeah.

The Switch has the Breath of the Wild design on it and she is a hard die fan of it, she knows everything in the lore and i thiiiiiink she can read runes and shit

I just wanna be able to make shiny competitives, lol, for pokemon

Well, as long as you followed the guide to the letter, there should  be little brick risk. After all, until certain steps that is later in the guide, you aren't actually writing anything into the memory of the Switch.
To be fair, I didn't really comprehend all that until multiple CFW attempts.

Frankly there is probably a higher risk of the Switch being banned than it being bricked. Tho the bans on the Switch, appears to be related to installing pirated games/apps and custom themes.

Also, keep in mind that our site doesn't condone hacking in competitive mons to be used against unsuspecting opponents.

28 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Well, as long as you followed the guide to the letter, there should  be little brick risk. After all, until certain steps that is later in the guide, you aren't actually writing anything into the memory of the Switch.
To be fair, I didn't really comprehend all that until multiple CFW attempts.

Frankly there is probably a higher risk of the Switch being banned than it being bricked. Tho the bans on the Switch, appears to be related to installing pirated games/apps and custom themes.

Also, keep in mind that our site doesn't condone hacking in competitive mons to be used against unsuspecting opponents.

True butt I don't really make anything illegal, I just make them shinies and that's all, I enjoy the breeding and stuff. Once I get the correct everything I make them shiny. EVs and IVs are legal. I understand the frustration of fighting illegal stats and the satisfaction of winning besides that so, I would never use pokeys with illegal stats or moves or anything. I just them shiny, lel

Some call it autism

Edited by jesus alberto.a. olivares

35 minutes ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

True butt I don't really make anything illegal, I just make them shinies and that's all, I enjoy the breeding and stuff. Once I get the correct everything I make them shiny. EVs and IVs are legal. I understand the frustration of fighting illegal stats and the satisfaction of winning besides that so, I would never use pokeys with illegal stats or moves or anything. I just them shiny, lel

Some call it autism

Our forum is against using significantly hacked Pokémon against unsuspecting people. The act of changing the PID makes it significantly hacked.
(A.k.a doing something that you can't do in-game; you can't make a mon go from non-shiny to shiny in-game)

28 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Our forum is against using significantly hacked Pokémon against unsuspecting people. The act of changing the PID makes it significantly hacked.
(A.k.a doing something that you can't do in-game; you can't make a mon go from non-shiny to shiny in-game)

I see, well thank you for you help. You've been very helpful, I'll sleep on it a bit more

--merged--

Did your Switch ever get banned?

21 minutes ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

I see, well thank you for you help. You've been very helpful, I'll sleep on it a bit more

Np

21 minutes ago, jesus alberto.a. olivares said:

Did your Switch ever get banned?

Nope, all my Switches are ban free :3

Also, in relation to my previous post about significantly hacked Pokemon, banning and the usage of significantly hacked Pokemon don't appear to be related.

Well at the very least, I don't use significantly hacked mons online. And I'm not banned.
To add in the main (known) ban reasons: I don't use custom themes, I don't pirate.
I don't host nor join hacked raids.
I don't sell nor buy hacked "unlocked" shinies, nor use my HOME account for such purposes..
Just throwing some known activities out there..

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Np

Nope, all my Switches are ban free :3

Also, in relation to my previous post about significantly hacked Pokemon, banning and the usage of significantly hacked Pokemon don't appear to be related.

Well at the very least, I don't use significantly hacked mons online. And I'm not banned.
To add in the main (known) ban reasons: I don't use custom themes, I don't pirate.
I don't host nor join hacked raids.
I don't sell nor buy hacked "unlocked" shinies, nor use my HOME account for such purposes..
Just throwing some known activities out there..

Yeah, I don't plan to do anything butt just collecting and using them for my dex. Same ass you

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 1:37 AM, theSLAYER said:

yeah collection sake is probably fine. Anyone who cares about what you do in single player play, is just being nitpicky.

Ok I have all the things I need now, gonna read the guideline a few more times now. Thanx for all the help

Also, I think differently of heavily modded mons, for me, a heavily modded mon would be one with impossible stats (eg. Blissey with 255 in every stat, and/or an impossible ability and/or moveset) I don't think just being shiny counts as heavily modded

As per our rules, anything you perform via hacking, which you can't do to a mon in-game is considered significantly hacked.

You can't change a Pokémon's PID in-game. (You can't change a mon from shiny to non-shiny and vice versa.)
You can't teach a Pokémon a move it cannot learn in-game (Thus illegal moves bad).

Besides breaking our rules, you're also breaking Terms of Service. So just, don't.

This isn't a debate, I'm just telling you how it is.