Question about USUM legendary event flags.

So, I reset the legendary event flags in my US save, as I had already caught all the legendaries in the game almost 4 years ago when the game first dropped. Back then, I wasn't too interested in shiny Pokémon, and so I just thought "I've got all the legendaries, what else could I want?"

Almost 4 years and a pandemic later, now I both care about slightly miscoloured mons, and also having legitimate shiny legendaries. Considering other than maybe ORAS and SwSh, USUM is the easiest set of games to get shiny legendaries.

And so, I reset my legendary flags. Since then, I've been trying to shiny hunt any legendaries possible, and this starts with Azelf. In my save, I have the shiny charm. Yet my reset count is over normal base odds (over 4096).

My question is: If you reset the legendary flags, can they ever be shiny again? Or is my 4000+ resets just very bad luck?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, itsskinnymems said:

So, I reset the legendary event flags in my US save, as I had already caught all the legendaries in the game almost 4 years ago when the game first dropped. Back then, I wasn't too interested in shiny Pokémon, and so I just thought "I've got all the legendaries, what else could I want?"

Almost 4 years and a pandemic later, now I both care about slightly miscoloured mons, and also having legitimate shiny legendaries. Considering other than maybe ORAS and SwSh, USUM is the easiest set of games to get shiny legendaries.

And so, I reset my legendary flags. Since then, I've been trying to shiny hunt any legendaries possible, and this starts with Azelf. In my save, I have the shiny charm. Yet my reset count is over normal base odds (over 4096).

My question is: If you reset the legendary flags, can they ever be shiny again? Or is my 4000+ resets just very bad luck?

Thanks!

Resetting the flags does not effect if the Pokémon can be shiny or not, you’re just having bad luck. Remember the odds of finding a shiny does not mean you’re guaranteed to find a shiny within that number if attempts.

• Like 1