Differences between games with same mark and region

thomas05

If i create a pokemon event exclusive of pokemon sun in ultrasun will be legit in pokemon home?

Or a pokemon exclusive of pokemon AS in pokemon OR, or X in Y

in the game all showed data are legit and the mark and region of origin are the same as original pokemons since sun and ultrasun have the same mark and Alola region, etc. for other examples in ORAS or X Y.

When they will be transferred in pokemon home will be there internal datas that make these pokemon illegal?

Edited by thomas05

55 minutes ago, thomas05 said:

If i create a pokemon event exclusive of pokemon sun in ultrasun will be legit in pokemon home?

Or a pokemon exclusive of pokemon AS in pokemon OR, or X in Y

Origin game =/= Game it is presently in.

You can trade mons, transfers mons. And doing that doesn't change the origin game.
Just make sure the origin game is correct.

56 minutes ago, thomas05 said:

When they will be transferred in pokemon home will be there internal datas that make these pokemon illegal?

For most cases just rely on PKHeX's legality checks.
It doesn't sound like you're trying to make anything that can be considered an edge case.

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Origin game =/= Game it is presently in.

yes i know, but since the mark of origin and the region are the same i'm asking if there are other internal bytes that make some differents. Unfortunatly i can't use pkhex at the moment 😩

Edited by thomas05

7 hours ago, thomas05 said:

ah another question that comes to me right now, for pokemon events the origin game is decided when the wonder card is redeemed or when i pick up the pokemon in the pokemon center? 

When you collect the mon from the delivery person, be it pokemon center or pokemon mart. (the delivery person waits at different places, depending on which generation you play)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

When you collect the mon from the delivery person, be it pokemon center or pokemon mart. (the delivery person waits at different places, depending on which generation you play)

Then when transfered in gen8 the data structure of the pokemon will have bytes regarding the accurate origin game or only the mark + region? in this last case there would not be problems regarding a pokemon of X spawned in Y for example. Sorry for all the questions but without having access to pkhex at the moment i can only use my mind as legality checker 😅

Edited by thomas05

4 minutes ago, thomas05 said:

Then when transfered in gen8 the data structure of the pokemon will have bytes regarding the accurate origin game or only the mark + region?

To be clear, when you say "mark+region", you're referring to the symbols like Pentagon, Clover, GB etc, that show where a mon came from, right?

Those are all governed by referencing the origin game data. Those things are not data by itself.

(Also if you're referring to the line met in johto [for example], that line is also based on the origin game)

4 minutes ago, thomas05 said:

n this last case there would not problems regarding a pokemon of X spowned in Y for example.

it would be? because such a mon is not legal to begin with?
Like I said, origin game persists. So, for example, if Yveltal was caught in Pokemon X, that is illegal.
Just because the game doesn't know it's illegal, doesn't mean it isn't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

To be clear, when you say "mark+region", you're referring to the symbols like Pentagon, Clover, GB etc, that show where a mon came from, right?

I mean the symbol (pentagon etc.+ the region (kalos etc). So ok i undestood these are results of the data that refers to the accurate game of origin.

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

it would be? because such a mon is not legal to begin with?
Like I said, origin game persists. So, for example, if Yveltal was caught in Pokemon X, that is illegal.
Just because the game doesn't know it's illegal, doesn't mean it isn't.

There are pokemon events available only for some specific version of the game in that moment. In this case i was thinking to electabuzz Spring 2014 available only in Y that i spawned in X. All is perfect in game because pentagon and kalos region are the same for both games but for a legality checker of pokemon home so would be illegal since his origin game is X instead of Y right?

Edited by thomas05

Just now, thomas05 said:

There are pokemon events available only for some specific version of the game in that moment. In this case i was thinking to electrubuzz Spring 2014 available only in Y that i spawned in X. All is perfect in game because pentagon and kalos region are the same for both games but for a legality checker of pokemon home so would be illegal since his origin game is X instead of Y right?

Yeah in game you can't differentiate the difference, and HOME probably doesn't care.
But if you look into the data, it is illegal.

• Like 1