Cannot use my savefile from my 3DS

EimaMei

So I have a copy of Ultra Sun on my homebrewed 3DS. I used the latest version of Checkpoint to get my Ultra Sun savefile to be used with pkhex. But the outputted save didn't work with pkhex and would just give the same error. I have no clue on why it doesn't work. If it adds anything, the savefile is from my real Ultra Sun cartridge. 

screenshot.png

main

1 hour ago, EimaMei said:

So I have a copy of Ultra Sun on my homebrewed 3DS. I used the latest version of Checkpoint to get my Ultra Sun savefile to be used with pkhex. But the outputted save didn't work with pkhex and would just give the same error. I have no clue on why it doesn't work. If it adds anything, the savefile is from my real Ultra Sun cartridge. 

screenshot.png

main 435 kB · 0 downloads

is this before you gotten the starter, or before you interacted with a PC?

Well I used a homebrew app called FTP-GMX that allows me to transfer any files from my SD card to my pc by connecting to an IP. I used FileZilla to connect with the FTP server. Then I copied /3ds/Checkpoint/Saves/0x01B50 Pokémon Ultra Sun/  to my desktop.

Just now, EimaMei said:

Well I used a homebrew app called FTP-GMX that allows me to transfer any files from my SD card to my pc by connecting to an IP. I used FileZilla to connect with the FTP server. Then I copied /3ds/Checkpoint/Saves/0x01B50 Pokémon Ultra Sun/  to my desktop.

Specifically:

Perhaps there was an error when transferring save to PC via FTP -> if you were using FileZilla, change the setting to use binary transfer mode instead of ascii.

Give that a try :3