Pokemon Yellow Opposing Trainer Pokemon

Rodrigo Brasil

I am using the "Catch Trainer Pokemon" code to collect all enemies's pokemon. Thought I'd share them on the "Unreleased PKMN" download area, but for some reason it says I'm not allowed to post there, so where could I post them?

So far, I got Blue's Starter Eevee from Oak's lab, the Spearow and Eevee from the optional route 22 rival battle, all of the Viridian Forest's trainers's teams, the Jr Trainer on Pewter Gym, and finnaly Brock.

Interestingly, I also noticed:

1-None of said trainers's pokemon has any EV points, but this is already common knowledge

2-Said AI trainers's Pokemon all have the same IV numbers of 8, 9, 8, 8, 8

3-When you use the "Catch Enemy Pokemon" code on a Pokemon with a unique moveset, such as Brock's Onix with Tackle, Screech, Bide and Bind, the unique attacks vanish and they leave you with the moves the Pokemon should have via level-up at this level.

On Onix's case, he became a LV 12 Onix with Tackle and Screech only. Thankfully before making the PKM file I could use PK Hex to add the remaining attacks Brock's Onix had on the Gym Battle back.

33 minutes ago, Rodrigo Brasil said:

I am using the "Catch Trainer Pokemon" code to collect all enemies's pokemon. Thought I'd share them on the "Unreleased PKMN" download area, but for some reason it says I'm not allowed to post there, so where could I post them?

You could just attach them to your first post in this thread.

• 7 months later...
49 minutes ago, pharohzeke said:

I caught a trainers pokemon in Yellow, whose sandshrew knew fissure but after being caught it was replaced with poison sting, I wonder if you can catch these pokemon and still keep their moves intact.

If the move is being replaced with the catch trainers Pokémon code try extracting it from RAM instead. This site has info on the RAM. https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokémon_Red/Blue:RAM_map#Opponent_Trainer.E2.80.99s_Pok.C3.A9mon

7 hours ago, Poke J said:

If the move is being replaced with the catch trainers Pokémon code try extracting it from RAM instead. This site has info on the RAM. https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokémon_Red/Blue:RAM_map#Opponent_Trainer.E2.80.99s_Pok.C3.A9mon

I see the RAM but how would I go about extracting them and placing it on the game, would use the check selection, how I'd normally use to place gameshark codes?

4 hours ago, pharohzeke said:

I see the RAM but how would I go about extracting them and placing it on the game, would use the check selection, how I'd normally use to place gameshark codes?

Dump the RAM. Then use this tool to extract from RAM.

edit: looking at the tool description, doesn’t support Gen 1. I guess you’re left with combing through the RAM to figure out what is what.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Dump the RAM. Then use this tool to extract from RAM.

edit: looking at the tool description, doesn’t support Gen 1. I guess you’re left with combing through the RAM to figure out what is what.

The current version doesn’t support it but, the next version does. I wanted to add gen 8 before release.

• Like 1