Help with trade evolution!!!

RedRick_MarvelDC

I want a alakazam in or. But it's a trade. Now obviously you can change species and all but can anyone please suggest me a way to to properly initiate a evolution rather than changing species? While I can change species it might cause legal checks and stuff, which i dont wanna go through. I also tried drag and drop on my pc, and while it does happen to be sorta a trade, it doesnt really evolve my kadabra immediately like I expected. All in all, other that species changing, is there a way to obtain trade evolutions through any mean? Whether it be pkhex or some shady stuff on citra, I am all game. All I want is to properly evolve my kadabra to alakazam rather than replacing it with one. Huge thanks to who ever helps me out here. Looking at you, Slayer......🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Edited by RedRick_MarvelDC

36 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

that's literally what the game does, just change the species.
The only difference is they initiate a cutscene.

Yeah I know that I do, but I was just asking if there was a way to initiate the 'trade' itself rather than directly changing species. As in some other post I saw you say that drag and downing a pokemon from 1 save to the other causes a trade. However, it doesnt evolve my pokemon, not in pkhex not in save, even though it literally just initiates a trade. So that is why I am asking for a way to get trade pokemon other than switching species. Cause that just doesnt feel right. I hoped there was some way I could get around that cut scene for a proper evolution. But even without that, if there is a way to 'trade' a pokemon to evolve it cause it is supposed to evolve through trade not changing species, please tell me. If not, is the species changing the only way? Cause I feel like that's not how it's supposed to be when I do it. Otherwise, worst come, i will use that. Thanks a lot. Pls clarify....

17 minutes ago, RedRick_MarvelDC said:

a way to initiate the 'trade' itself rather than directly changing species

No. There's no 'tradeback NPC' (using a term that was popularized by ROM hacks.

Technically I'm not "causing a trade".

If you think about it, all the games do is swap data around, and play the trading animation.
(and if it evolves, play the evolution animation)

So all I did was do the data swapping by hand.

There's no way to spoof a trade without ROM hacking, with the sole exception being using emulators that are capable of trading.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

No. There's no 'tradeback NPC' (using a term that was popularized by ROM hacks.

Technically I'm not "causing a trade".

If you think about it, all the games do is swap data around, and play the trading animation.
(and if it evolves, play the evolution animation)

So all I did was do the data swapping by hand.

There's no way to spoof a trade without ROM hacking, with the sole exception being using emulators that are capable of trading.

Well okay then. That begs the question, can citra trade? I figured you're the pokemon expert so you will know. That be all I needa know. Thanks.....🙏🙏

31 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

For all the variants I've seen, no.

Well I did find 

on youtube. Apparently you can trade this way. I do understand the process however if I use a citra nightly build and canary build (two different versions of citra) rather than cloning the actual one will it work? Even better, is this process legit? Tell me tho. Thanks...🙏🙏🙏

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

As long as your save data is on a hacked console, hacked device, emulator, then it's not legit. Only legal at best.

Well, I still have doubts about the Citra they use. All I can say is "use at your own risk".

So that means this process wont work or will it? Or is it a 50 50?

• 2 months later...