Encounter Database Advanced Help

RagingMagikarp

I'm trying to used the advanced tab in the Encounter Database in PKHex to search for Pokemon from FireRed with the Careful nature. I've read the batch editor tutorial, but for some reason, I still can't get the specified Pokemon to show up. I've tried =nature=careful, =nature=23, and the "!" and "." variations of the search. Still, it just shows the normal search results with random natures. Is there an up-to-date guide or tutorial on how to use the Encounter Database advanced tab?

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

There aren't any fixed nature (Careful) encounters from Generation 3.

I am always astonished at how frequently and quickly you reach out to help people. Thanks for your time and for creating such a wonderful tool.

I though Generation III had their natures tied to the PID? I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to or not. I'm essentially trying to get a Careful Cubone from FireRed with the Lightning Rod ability. (I already achieved this by simply searching for Cubone from FireRed and viewing each entry until I found what I wanted.) However, for future endeavors, I'd appreciate knowing how to better search in the Encounter Database to find specific species with specific ability and/or nature. I don't know if that's at all possible.

Just now, RagingMagikarp said:

I am always astonished at how frequently and quickly you reach out to help people. Thanks for your time and for creating such a wonderful tool.

I though Generation III had their natures tied to the PID? I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to or not. I'm essentially trying to get a Careful Cubone from FireRed with the Lightning Rod ability. (I already achieved this by simply searching for Cubone from FireRed and viewing each entry until I found what I wanted.) However, for future endeavors, I'd appreciate knowing how to better search in the Encounter Database to find specific species with specific ability and/or nature. I don't know if that's at all possible.

Encounter objects are templates, not actual PKM files. When you view an encounter object, PKHeX creates a new PKM from the template and puts it in the editor tabs.

Recent commits since the last release allow for letting PKHeX use the current tabs values as a criteria when creating a PKM from an encounter object.

If using the latest release, you can just repeatedly view an encounter until it meets your satisfaction, or use other tools to create a sufficiently valid PIDIV for manual editing.

• Teary-Eyed 1

Thanks again for the speedy response! Yeah, I'm fine with repeatedly viewing an encounter to get what I'm looking for; that's actually what I've been doing. I was just curious if there was another way, and I couldn't find anything online about it. Thanks for clarifying! ^^