Adding Items in PKHex not appearing in FireRed

Grouch

Hello,

I am trying to add some pokeballs, rare candies, revives and berries to my Fire Red save file. I can export it from VisualBoyAdvance no problems, open it up in PKHex, I go into SAV, add the items in the "items" tab and then export the .sav file. When I got back into VisualGamboyAdvance and Import the file however, nothing changes in game. I have tried importing the file, closing out of VBA and then opening it back and loading back in normally, but still nothing. 

Anything had this happen to them and know how to fix it? 

Any help would be great, cheers! 

• 2 years later...

Having the same issue as OP. I followed the exact steps laid out and the items I added to my save file in PkHeX are still not in my bag or PC when I import it in to the emulator. When I reopen the save file in PkHeX, I can see the rare candies again that I added to my bag. The only steps I didn't do (because it isn't an option) is step 7 of "Export main". When I click "Export SAV..." nothing like that shows up. It just brings up the file save location on where to export it to.

PkHeX2.PNG

PkHeX1.PNG

You must export your changes from the program, then import them into your cartridge/emulator environment.

It's not difficult to understand. If the emulator does not pick up the changes, then you did not import your save data to the emulator correctly. Restoring save states does not reload the save file, only restarting emulation does -- assuming the emulator's implementation reads the save file from disk at that time.

I feel like I'm doing what you're describing. Not sure if it makes a difference if I'm using PkHeX or PkHaX. Here are my exact steps

1) Open my randomizer save file in VisualBoyAdvance
2) Click File>Export>Battery File
3) Save the file as a .sav file (lets call it file 1 for simplicity)
4) Close VisualBoyAdvance (not sure if this is relevant) 
5) Open up the PkHaX application
6) Drag "file 1" into the application
7) Edit the changes to my bag items by giving myself rare candies and then clicking save
8] In PkHaX, click File>Export SAV...
9) Save the file as a .sav file (lets call it file 2 for simplicity)
10) Reopen my randomizer save file in VisualBoyAdvance
11) click File>Import>Battery file and select "file 2"
12) Click Yes when the "Confirm import" prompt pops up

From the videos I've watched and what people have described here, that seems to be all I need to do, however, this hasn't been working. The red text appears at the bottom of the screen after importing file 2 but the bag changes have not updated. When I reopen file 2 in PkHaX, the rare candies are in there