Mark Legality

VastUniverse

Recently I've started on catching overworld pokemon then editing them on PKHex to put marks. 

PKhex doesnt flag it as illegal tho, so then I go on to gen them. So are these pokemon legit or not.? 

Note: I only add marks; shinyness and stats are kept the same

Edited by VastUniverse

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Basically, if the encounter allows for a mark (even if it doesn't have one), adding a mark to it won't make it illegal.

Oh thanks for the help guys. So i can just keep on adding marks to my pokemon, so long as legality check of pkHex will not flag it? 

I usually also double check at serebii to see what marks would be legal to put on a pokemon.

7 minutes ago, VastUniverse said:

So i can just keep on adding marks to my pokemon, so long as legality check of pkHex will not flag it?

Well, PKHeX checks do miss things at times, as there's ton of Pokemon edge cases.
But yup, as long as the encounter can have that particular mark, it should be fine.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Well, PKHeX checks do miss things at times, as there's ton of Pokemon edge cases.
But yup, as long as the encounter can have that particular mark, it should be fine.

What about shiny raids, would putting marks make them illegal? Or does it work the same as overworld encounters

3 minutes ago, VastUniverse said:

What about shiny raids, would putting marks make them illegal? Or does it work the same as overworld encounters

You can’t get a Pokémon with marks from raids. That sentence should answer your question