PKHeX editing always leads to corruption

badnuzlocker

I've been trying to change my Kadabra to an Alakazam, which is usually done by trade. Whenever I export the main file into the folder and I load the game, it says the file is corrupted. Am I supposed to change the ID of the trainer to make it realistic or something?

(I'm not gonna multipost anymore :D)main

image.png.e2a5e0a5d625f9283df996e492f10e79.png

image.png.a993a9d91d57673315d7135804695cc9.png

Do I have the change the OT/Misc?

a) A mon becoming illegal is not called "corruption". An example of using that word is used for when saves are inoperable. Your save isn't inoperable.

b) In Gen 6 and above, mon's that are traded gain data in the "Not OT handling trainer" textbox.
Since Kadabra becomes Alakazam by trading, that data needs to be filled in. I assume that is the case with your Alakazam; it doesn't have that data there, hence PKHeX cannot identify that it was traded.

Non-traded Alakazam = Illegal.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

a) A mon becoming illegal is not called "corruption". An example of using that word is used for when saves are inoperable. Your save isn't inoperable.

b) In Gen 6 and above, mon's that are traded gain data in the "Not OT handling trainer" textbox.
Since Kadabra becomes Alakazam by trading, that data needs to be filled in. I assume that is the case with your Alakazam; it doesn't have that data there, hence PKHeX cannot identify that it was traded.

Non-traded Alakazam = Illegal.

ok thanks for the info, but then how do I get it to be traded? Do I change the OT or is it impossible?

Edit: the reason I put corrupted was because I don't know what to call the file, and whenever I try to load it the game says it is corrupted.

Edited by badnuzlocker

3 minutes ago, badnuzlocker said:

ok thanks for the info, but then how do I get it to be traded? Do I change the OT or is it impossible?

mon's that are traded gain data in the "Not OT handling trainer" textbox.

so all you gotta to is to give it data it would obtain via trades, to make it look as though it was traded.

Example
image.png

53 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

so all you gotta to is to give it data it would obtain via trades, to make it look as though it was traded.

Example
image.png

Thank you!

Edit: It doesn't seem to work. Here are the 2 things I tried:main2main3

Maybe the version of Ultra Sun I got doesn't work with PKHeX.

Edited by badnuzlocker