How to change SID, OT, TID?

Hadez-Spectre

I don't know If any of you are gonna see this but I just used the code to get a shiny living dex for generations 1-7, ik to change SID and TID on gen 7 mons you have to use .trainerSID7 and .trainerID7 but I don't know how to change the OT and I also don't know how to change the SID, TID and OT for every pokemon generations 1-6, sorry if this is confusing

One final thing, how do I make sure that these pokemon stay shiny through the process of making these pokemon locked to my trainer? I appreciate your time to answer my questions and thanks for any response

To change all Pokemon from gen 7 use this. Like this the PID will be recalculated to make them shiny again after changing their TID and SID.

=Generation=7
.TrainerID7=
.TrainerSID7=
.OT_Name=
.PID=$shiny

For Pokemon from gen 6 and below change the generation number and use .TID= and .SID= instead.

However keep in mind that Pokemon caught in gen 3 and 4 will be made illegal with this because PKHeX will not recalculcate valid PID IV relations. Those would need to be fixed manually (gen 3, gen 4).

5 hours ago, BlackShark said:

=Generation=7
.TrainerID7=
.TrainerSID7=
.OT_Name=
.PID=$shiny

For Pokemon from gen 6 and below change the generation number and use .TID= and .SID= instead.

Ok so when I use .TID and .SID= that will make all pokemon gen 1-6 my TID and SID. Ik how to calculate my SID but when I get my trainer ID off my trainer card in the game is that the number I type or do i have to do something to change it and get a new value?

Also what do you mean I have to do the gen 3-4 pokemon manually? Do I have to go through all each pokemon and refresh their PID and since I did .PID=$shiny when I refresh their PID they will remain shiny? 

1 hour ago, Hadez-Spectre said:

Ok so when I use .TID and .SID= that will make all pokemon gen 1-6 my TID and SID. Ik how to calculate my SID but when I get my trainer ID off my trainer card in the game is that the number I type or do i have to do something to change it and get a new value?

The TID is exactly what is shown on your trainer card, yes.

1 hour ago, Hadez-Spectre said:

Also what do you mean I have to do the gen 3-4 pokemon manually? Do I have to go through all each pokemon and refresh their PID and since I did .PID=$shiny when I refresh their PID they will remain shiny? 

Yes, they will remain shiny and will be made shiny if they aren't already. With .PID=$shiny PKHeX calculates a shiny PID for your Pokemon based on their TID/SID, for a legal PID however you would have to take the IVs and nature into account as well. PKHeX doesn't do that so you would need to calculate a PID for each single Pokemon that comes from gen 3 and 4 manually. If the origin is gen 1-2 or 5-7 you don't need to care about that.

10 hours ago, BlackShark said:

The TID is exactly what is shown on your trainer card, yes.

Yes, they will remain shiny and will be made shiny if they aren't already. With .PID=$shiny PKHeX calculates a shiny PID for your Pokemon based on their TID/SID, for a legal PID however you would have to take the IVs and nature into account as well. PKHeX doesn't do that so you would need to calculate a PID for each single Pokemon that comes from gen 3 and 4 manually. If the origin is gen 1-2 or 5-7 you don't need to care about that.

You said if the origin is 1-2 and 5-7 but I'm creating the pokemon from scratch do you mean the gen they were created in? I'm using the download files to get a shiny living dex so they are all shiny from the start so do I only have to do the codes to make them mine (SID, OT, TID) or do I still have to do .PID=$shiny after making them mine? If so how do I calculate the PID or is there a code to do that for me

52 minutes ago, Hadez-Spectre said:

You said if the origin is 1-2 and 5-7 but I'm creating the pokemon from scratch do you mean the gen they were created in?

Yes

I'm using the download files to get a shiny living dex so they are all shiny from the start so do I only have to do the codes to make them mine (SID, OT, TID) or do I still have to do .PID=$shiny after making them mine?

Yes

If so how do I calculate the PID or is there a code to do that for me

.PID=$shiny will do that for you

For a mon to be shiny the PID, SID and TID are run through a calculation and the result determines if the mon is shiny. if you change any of those values the mon will most likely no longer be shiny. ".PID=$shiny" makes the mon shiny (by changing the PID )based on the new TID and SID but breaks the correlation between the IV's and PID for Gen 3 and 4 mons. If you don't care about the legality of the mons (or using them online including sending them through the bank) you have no further issues to worry about.

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
didn't see blackshark's post. I answered in the quote

4 minutes ago, Delta Blast Burn said:

For a mon to be shiny the PID, SID and TID are run through a calculation and the result determines if the mon is shiny. if you change any of those values the mon will most likely no longer be shiny. ".PID=$shiny" makes the mon shiny (by changing the PID )based on the new TID and SID but breaks the correlation between the IV's and PID for Gen 3 and 4 mons. If you don't care about the legality of the mons (or using them online including sending them through the bank) you have no further issues to worry about.

I definitely want to use the mons online. What do I have to do to make them stay shiny, have my info and be legit for the gen 3-4 mons?