Shiny Pokemon incompatible with Trainer TID/SID

Arbn

Following the instructions linked below, after generating my Skarmory, I decided to make it shiny as well:

https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/pid-mismatch-origin-game-dppt-hgss-r95/

The only problem is that the specific traits for this shiny Skarmory (Nature, IVs, Ability) don't seem to match any Shiny PID after searching through option "a.", even after changing the time of day. I can still generate a legal shiny Skarmory with the wanted Nature, IVs and Ability through the "b." option, but this changes my trainer TID/SID combo, meaning the game treats the Skarmory as a traded pokemon and gives it an EXP boost for fainting pokemon. While this is technically beneficial I would prefer to be dealing with the default EXP values, for consistency and self-imposed "fairness".

Is there any way to maintain the Nature/IV/Ability of this pokemon without changing the TID/SID in the process? I find no search results for a shiny Skarmory in the wild unless I give it a considerably worse set of IVs or Nature. Thanks.

Edited by Arbn
Fixing link

28 minutes ago, Arbn said:

Is there any way to maintain the Nature/IV/Ability of this pokemon without changing the TID/SID in the process? I find no search results for a shiny Skarmory in the wild unless I give it a considerably worse set of IVs or Nature. Thanks.

If you're unlucky, you won't have a shiny with a wanted Nature/IV/Ability with existing TID/SID in Gen 3/4.

So if you can't find any, then you gotta change TID/SID.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

> Is there any way to maintain the Nature/IV/Ability of this pokemon without changing the TID/SID in the process?

No, unless you change it to an egg-origin which has no PID-IV relationship.

12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're unlucky, you won't have a shiny with a wanted Nature/IV/Ability with existing TID/SID in Gen 3/4.

Alright, good to know that going forward. I'll look into the egg-origin thing for future editing/generating.

• 9 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, theSLAYER said:

this post is very old.
I wanted to know if there is a risk of being banned if the TID - SID combo is not obtainable legitimately, that is, if I modify the SID keeping the TID.

because I want to create gen3 square shiny perfect ivs mons, and I got it, but changing the SID.

By the way, is there a way to find legitimate TID-SID combos by keeping the XOR relationship of TID - SID?

1 hour ago, gxSum said:

this post is very old.
I wanted to know if there is a risk of being banned if the TID - SID combo is not obtainable legitimately, that is, if I modify the SID keeping the TID.

because I want to create gen3 square shiny perfect ivs mons, and I got it, but changing the SID.

By the way, is there a way to find legitimate TID-SID combos by keeping the XOR relationship of TID - SID?

First off, don’t multi post. I’ve taken the liberty to merge your posts. In the future, if no one replied you, and you wanna add more info, just edit into your latest unanswered post :3

AFAIK no ban risk associated with TID/SID modifications at the moment.

However, you should probably only modify them on your mons (not your save’s trainer), and also they need to have no HOME tracker.

HOME can compare things that were not meant to change, on both the save and the mons, and TID/SID is one of those things.

Depending on game, having guaranteed IVs is almost pointless, since you could just bottle cap the stat. Gen 3 and 4 has some TID/SID relationship, (as in their generation is related and there’s some combos that are invalid) but should be fine. 

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1