[Not Error] Error From FR/LG/E ?- Game frozen when entering Pokemon Center

Hello everyone, first of all i apologize if this topic doesn't go here, but i don't know where to post it.

The question is that I have observed that in my original LG / FR and EMERALD cartridges, when entering any Pokemon Center, the image freezes for 1 second, i need to know why, as you know the normal thing is: ENTER->SCREEN IN BLACK-->IT LIGHTS UP PROGRESSIVELY AND YOU APPEAR INSIDE THE POKEMON CENTER, whitout the frozen image being left as indicated below

I don't know if it has to do with the fact of having accessed the games with an external application to extract the SAV games (with GBA Backup tool program) or when injecting the events of the 3rd GEN(program created by Suloku)

The same thing happens in my 3 games and it surprises me because I've already done t his with Pokemon Rubi & Sapphire and this error doesn't happen, only in this next generations

I think it's some error in the ROM but my games are original and have never been manipulated before

These are the characteristics:
FireRed: Version 1.1

LifeGreen:Version 1.0

EMERALD: I've only extracted the SAV to know my SID, never injected again

I attach images of the error, this happens playing in GBA / GBA SP / DS lite / Game boy player in game cube etc..I upload the images from an emulator so that it is better appreciated.

Thanks a lot for all and I hope u could solve this doubt that drives me crazy

Spoiler

BEFORE ENTERING:

BEFORE ENTERING.png

IMAGE FREEZE:

FREEZE.png

INSIDE THE POKEMON CENTER (AFTER FROZEN FOR 1 SEG)

PC INSIDE.png

• DaseR changed the title to ERROR ROM FR/LG/EMERALD?? - FROZEN WHEN ENTERING A POKEMON CENTER
16 hours ago, BlackShark said:

This is intended behavior. The game checks if there are players in the Union Room each time you enter the Pokemon Center.

But I've seen that this doesn't happen in all FR / LG / EMERALD, can it be deactivated?

Why doesn't it happen to other people?

Thanks!!

Some emulators like VisualBoyAdvance seem to skip this "freeze" while others like mGBA correctly execute the script. But I can confirm that this happens on original hardware for sure.
Information about the script from the decompilation: https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/wiki/Disabling-Union-Room-check-when-entering-Pokémon-Centers.
It should be possible to skip this check with Action Replay codes or by ROM hacking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Algunos emuladores como VisualBoyAdvance parecen saltarse este "congelamiento" mientras que otros como mGBA ejecutan correctamente el script. Pero puedo confirmar que esto sucede en el hardware original con seguridad.
Información sobre el script de la descompilación: https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/wiki/Disabling-Union-Room-check-when-entering-Pokémon-Centers.
Debería ser posible omitir esta verificación con códigos de Action Replay o mediante piratería de ROM.

So, the correct/legal thing is that it's frozen that second, and this would happen when entering a PC in a newly purchased virgin cartridge, wow really thanks, you have helped me a lot since i thought it was the opposite and my game had been edited in some way... I try to do thing as legitimate as possible

I will always love u for getting me out of this doubt🤩

• theSLAYER changed the title to [Not Error] Error From FR/LG/E ?- Game frozen when entering Pokemon Center
  • theSLAYER locked this topic