Pokemon marks making pokemon appear Illegal in PkHex

4 hours ago, Prejie said:

PID Mismatch. Marks are preset in encounters with PID.

PID mismatch on overworld8 mons aren't caused by marks, but close enough. Don't think the Mark correlation to the seed is known.

Anyhow, that's not the issue on hand.

OP's mon is from a den. Those can't have marks.

• Like 1

Hey, I've checked Serebii, and it says that Dreepy, Drakloak and Dragapult cannot be found in raids at the lake of outrage, I've uploaded two more dragapults but these ones are from the threepoint pass and can't be encountered in raid battles there, thank you, I dunno if its a glitch with PkHex or not

887 ★ - Dragapult - 2E5CF43EF135.pk8 Dragapult with Mark.pk8

11 hours ago, yoshivsjoshi said:

Hey, I've checked Serebii, and it says that Dreepy, Drakloak and Dragapult cannot be found in raids at the lake of outrage, I've uploaded two more dragapults but these ones are from the threepoint pass and can't be encountered in raid battles there, thank you, I dunno if its a glitch with PkHex or not

887 ★ - Dragapult - 2E5CF43EF135.pk8 344 B · 1 download Dragapult with Mark.pk8 344 B · 1 download

Let me address what I think happened (starting with the original case). Explanation in spoiler below:

Spoiler

You haphazardly modified a Dragapult (presumably evolved from Dreepy) you caught in the wild. As a result, you broke the Overworld8 PID Type.
(any mon that has overworld8 PID type must have correlated PID-EC-IVs-HT-WT)

Due to your error (you violating the overworld8 PID type), this led PKHeX to think it was encountered in a den.
(which is subsequently what I saw and reported on.)

image.png

Despite what you read on Serebii, this mon was flagged legal as a raid encounter because there was an wild area event that allowed Dragapult to be caught at level 50 in wild area dens.
image.png
(link: https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/4135-wild-area-event-14-may-2020/)

[I'm guessing you checked only the ROM/default raids, not the event raids]

So yeah, you messed up, and PKHeX found the next best result to make your mon legal (at this point).

The same issue occurs with your three-point-pass Dragapult.
image.png

(while unrelated to your error, this Dragapult will be flagged illegal in the next PKHeX update; the developer build already includes an update that has matched wild area events to their possible locations [this event could not feasibly be in CT]. That update just needs to be pushed to stable build)

Anyhow, it's not glitch on PKHeX, but rather an error of your own making (regardless if you're aware of it prior to editing it): your mon is breaking the overworld8 PID type, so it's not seen as caught in the overworld.
Revert back to your legal non-shiny copy, hyper train the IVs if need be, then use this tool to make the PID shiny, in order to maintain overworld8 PID type.

If you're lazy to do that all, here's a copy of your Dragapult shiny w/ the mark. :3
(I used the EC to find the seed)
887 ★ - Dragapult - 1AD9F43EF135.pk8

image.png

I was not trying to be lazy, I was genuinely unsure if it was a glitch or not, I apologise if you thought I was trying to blame PkHex but I said “I dunno if it’s a problem with PkHex or not” thank you for the help I appreciate it but I’m not trying to be lazy I just wanted help 

51 minutes ago, yoshivsjoshi said:

I was not trying to be lazy

The "being lazy" joke only applied if you were to download my upload. I didn't say you were lazy with the process or anything.

Please do reread my exact words :3

53 minutes ago, yoshivsjoshi said:

I’m not trying to be lazy I just wanted help 

hence why I explained the entire scenario, regarding where you might have gone wrong, and how to remedy it.
I would think I offered the help, no?

I don't expect everyone to know everything right off the bat, such mistakes do happen :3

Just now, yoshivsjoshi said:

No I am extremely grateful for the help, I just was unsure if the lazy comment was a joke or not, thank you for the help

yeah it was, and it only applied to downloading my file, not the entire line of questioning :3

2 hours ago, yoshivsjoshi said:

Hey, I downloaded the program and managed to generate a legal mark shiny Dragapult, unfortunately star (keep TID and SID) still changes my SID but its all good, thank you very much will use this program in future :)

887 ★ - Dragapult - C3249A68B12E.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

yeah that's how the game works sadly.

You can force square shiny with any PID on your existing TID/SID, but star shiny would require you to either change your PID or change your TID/SID. Since we don't have a tool to get obtain valid star shiny PIDs on existing TID/SID, we have no choice but to change TID/SID.

2 hours ago, yoshivsjoshi said:

star (keep TID and SID)

Also to address this: it's (Keep TID and PID)

I don't have a star option that keeps TID and SID.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

15 hours ago, yoshivsjoshi said:

That's amazing thank you very much, I've tried making a forced shiny Drakloak and it says it's not working, the Square shiny and regular are fine though, I've attached the files thank you 

New Drakloak files.rar 823 B · 0 downloads

image.png

You also had to change the EC and other values. (I mentioned it on the page of the program)
It looks like you didn't do it.

edit: I've changed up my textbox make you look over.
I've also added longer options that can generate Star and Square shinies based on your TSV, that also provides accompanied stats.

Here it is:
886 ★ - Drakloak - 8F9872DD7053.pk8

• Amazed 1