Best way to simulate trades in pkhex?

Koraline

I've seen this question asked a bunch but the answers are confusing me. 

I'm currently using Desmume or whatever it's called to play through heart gold. 

I am currently playing through all the old games to build a living dex in Pokémon home. The biggest issue is trades on the older games. 

Googling around a lot of people mention changing the species to the evolved form and then messing with the memory and the OT. 

Well I don't know if that's something that happens when you are working with newer PK files but I can't find anything on memories or previous trainers or anything like that for trades when working with pk4. I also don't understand needing to change the OT. I could trade someone to get the evolve and then have then trade it back which I have done several times on let's go. 

So what I have done temporarily is just adjust the species and nothing else. This gets the Pokémon in the right state obviously and the legality checks out but I'm worried about the PID being identical.  I tried re rolling the PID but it comes back illegal saying the encounter can't be matched. I'm assuming because you can't catch them. So I've been leaving the PID alone. 

For example. I catch an Kadabra and save. 

Load PKhex and export the Kadabra then bring it back in and save it as an Alakazam

I now have an Alakazam with the same PID as the Kadabra.. Is this an issue? When I export them to Pokémon home will home be worried about the Pokémon having the same PID? Or should I go catch a different Kadabra? 

Kadabra is just an example I don't need him but some of the others are harder to come by. 

Memories and feelings didn't exist until gen 6, so don't worry about those in earlier games..

I'm pretty sure there was a gts exploit that allowed you to clone pokemon in gen 4 games.

As for the error, that's because the pid and iv's are related, but nintendo so far has shown no indication that it cares about mismatched pid-iv relationships. so again you don't need to worry.

3 hours ago, Koraline said:

I've seen this question asked a bunch but the answers are confusing me. 

I'm currently using Desmume or whatever it's called to play through heart gold. 

I am currently playing through all the old games to build a living dex in Pokémon home. The biggest issue is trades on the older games. 

Googling around a lot of people mention changing the species to the evolved form and then messing with the memory and the OT. 

Well I don't know if that's something that happens when you are working with newer PK files but I can't find anything on memories or previous trainers or anything like that for trades when working with pk4. I also don't understand needing to change the OT. I could trade someone to get the evolve and then have then trade it back which I have done several times on let's go. 

So what I have done temporarily is just adjust the species and nothing else. This gets the Pokémon in the right state obviously and the legality checks out but I'm worried about the PID being identical.  I tried re rolling the PID but it comes back illegal saying the encounter can't be matched. I'm assuming because you can't catch them. So I've been leaving the PID alone. 

For example. I catch an Kadabra and save. 

Load PKhex and export the Kadabra then bring it back in and save it as an Alakazam

I now have an Alakazam with the same PID as the Kadabra.. Is this an issue? When I export them to Pokémon home will home be worried about the Pokémon having the same PID? Or should I go catch a different Kadabra? 

Kadabra is just an example I don't need him but some of the others are harder to come by. 

Just follow this for each generation and you’ll be fine. (I will not list Gen 8 since I’ve never used PKHeX for Gen 8  )

Gen 1:

-Just change the species.

Gen 2 to Gen 5;

-Change the species

-Optional change the friendship value to 70.

Gen 6 to Gen 7:

-Change the species.

-Add a non original OT

-Change to the non original OT (click beside the text box so it’ll turn green)

-If Pokémon is traded back to its first original trainer (same ID, SID, OT, gender) set it to original OF (click beside the text box so it’ll turn green), but still make sure there is still a name for the last non OT.

-Optional change the friendship value to 70.

-Optional set all of the Pokémon’s Amie stuff to 0.

-Optional change the memory.

I listed some things as optional since they change and update during normal game play. So even though they are effected during the trading process they will neutrally change as you play.

15 hours ago, Poke J said:

-If Pokémon is traded back to its first original trainer (same ID, SID, OT, gender) set it to original OF (click beside the text box so it’ll turn green), but still make sure there is still a name for the last non OT.

this is the part that gets me. When I set the non OT trainer.. do I just make up some random name? and trainer ID? (i dont remember if the ID was part of it. )

7 hours ago, AlamosIT said:
  • Change species
  • Open a new PKHeX tab with a different save (different OT, TID, SID)
  • Drag and drop your Pokémon from one tab to the other
    • PKHeX will emulate a trade
  • Now drag and drop back your Pokémon

this sounds like a great method. Does PKHex simulate the trade as it happens? or do you need to save and reopen the files before trading it back. Or can I just drag and drop and then immediately drag and drop back? I have yet to ever open 2 saves at once before I was unaware you could do that. Thats actually going to save me a lot of time. 

58 minutes ago, Koraline said:

this sounds like a great method. Does PKHex simulate the trade as it happens? or do you need to save and reopen the files before trading it back. Or can I just drag and drop and then immediately drag and drop back? I have yet to ever open 2 saves at once before I was unaware you could do that. Thats actually going to save me a lot of time. 

There's no point dragging to and fro, it's not like trade info is stored on the mon. (pre gen 6)

If you want to input a trade evolution, just change the species.

On 5/1/2021 at 11:01 PM, theSLAYER said:

There's no point dragging to and fro, it's not like trade info is stored on the mon. (pre gen 6)

If you want to input a trade evolution, just change the species.

I cant tell but the drag and drop method doesnt seem to work anyway. I was more interested in how to accomplish the process when it does matter. Like gen 6/7. But the dag and drop method seems to do nothing. Or im doing it wrong. I tried dragging from a Gen 4 to a gen 4 alternate save and nothing changed. I tried from gen 4 to gen 7 and nothing changed. I tried from gen 7 o gen 7 and nothing changed. So im either doing it wrong or that method doesnt work. 

25 minutes ago, Koraline said:

drag and drop method doesnt seem to work anyway

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I'm gonna respectfully disagree. I imagine something is wrong in your process, and I don't know what it is.

In my gif, I show a mon moving from a gen 1 save to gen 2 save, and vice versa.
It's the same method for shifting between saves of the same generation.

Worst comes to worst, export the mon as a .pkm file from one window, then import the .pkm file into another window.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, theSLAYER said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I'm gonna respectfully disagree. I imagine something is wrong in your process, and I don't know what it is.

In my gif, I show a mon moving from a gen 1 save to gen 2 save, and vice versa.
It's the same method for shifting between saves of the same generation.

Worst comes to worst, export the mon as a .pkm file from one window, then import the .pkm file into another window.

Hey mate thanks I just wanna ask here, if I take, a pokemon, say a kadabra from omega ruby that I want to evolve, drag it from omega ruby save to my alpha sapphire save, will it initiate a trade? Please tell. Also will it evolve my kadabra into an alakazam then and there or would I need to open the save and then it will evolve? Or will it evolve at all given that it's a trade it should but I need to know very bad. Pls tell me. Or I wont be able to evolve it.....