Help - cannot see any modifications made on PokeHex

Hello everyone,

I want to use poke hex to modify my pokemon platinum ROM save, so I: save on platinum > load the save file .dsv on the poke hex > do my stuff > export main and overwrite the save I just modified > open Desmume and load the file from the folder icon > IT LOADS THE NON-EDITED SAVE.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

5 minutes ago, intostaprost said:

Hello everyone,

I want to use poke hex to modify my pokemon platinum ROM save, so I: save on platinum > load the save file .dsv on the poke hex > do my stuff > export main and overwrite the save I just modified > open Desmume and load the file from the folder icon > IT LOADS THE NON-EDITED SAVE.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Do you still have the purported edited save?

1 hour ago, intostaprost said:

Hello everyone,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Have you checked if the new save is in the correct folder? Iirc, Desmume reads .dsv save files from the Battery folder, hence why it reads the unedited save.

Try putting the new save (renamed like the old one) in Battery, while making a backup of your old, unedited one, just to be sure.

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Do you still have the purported edited save?

Ok, I found and solved the issue: my aberration when reading the how to use of the Hex made me miss the SET passage just before exporting the edited save :)

Should I close this (useless) thread I created?

Thanks to everyone who replied to my help request!!

Edited by intostaprost
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, intostaprost said:

Ok, I found and solved the issue: my aberration when reading the how to use of the Hex made me miss the SET passage just before exporting the edited save :)

Should I close this (useless) thread I created?

Thanks to everyone who replied to my help request!!

Yup, I was getting to that.

Examples of possible variants of why the game doesn't load an "Edited" save:
- user loads save state instead
- user didn't set mon into PC/box
- user didn't export save after editing it
- user didn't place edited save in the correct directory

So first thing I check usually is if the save is actually edited, ie. dragging the 'edited' save back into a new window of PKHeX.

In any case, glad that it's resolved!