How can I load item wc8 files in pkhex?

JaySea77

2 minutes ago, JaySea77 said:

I saw in the event galary the file for a crystal to encounter specific gigantamax mons.

The file is '0510 SWSH - Item ★Sgr6913 (Gigantamax Flapple - Appletun Dynamax Crystal).wc8'

How can I load this in pkhex?

LGPE and Gen 8 saves don't store wonder cards that can be redeemed.

You could just load the wild area news, then just inject the item.

• Like 1

Yeah too bad that switch doesn't have wondercards anymore like the 3ds for instance.

I know how to put mons in my box, but I do not know what you mean with this.

I can put the item in my save game, but what should I do with wild area news? This requires me to go online right? I would rather not connect online with my hacked switch.

Edited by JaySea77

6 minutes ago, JaySea77 said:

I know how to put mons in my box, but I do not know what you mean with this.

I can put the item in my save game, but what should I do with wild area news? This requires me to go online right? I would rather not connect online with my hacked switch.

How to put wild area events into your save:

The block keys you're gonna need to use for the blocks are KBonusRewards, KDaiEncount, KDropRewards, KNormalEncount, KNormalEncountRigel1, KNormalEncountRigel2.

We have the wild area files here: https://projectpokemon.org/home/search/?q=Wild Area Event&type=downloads_file&nodes=203&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles

How to put items into your save:
image.png

It's not that hard to figure out.
Items button will open a new form.
The select the correct tab (remember how in-game different items go into different tabs?), the change the item and value, then save.

Would I need to change the wild area event for this item? I have added the wild area event of march to the save block so I am familiar with it. I didn't encounter the march specific gigantamax mons though, so I am not sure if it worked.

Btw thank you for taking the time to answer my stupid noob questions.

Edited by JaySea77

31 minutes ago, JaySea77 said:

Would I need to change the wild area event for this item? I have added the wild area event of march to the save block so I am familiar with it. I didn't encounter the march specific gigantamax mons though, so I am not sure if it worked.

Depends if the item functionality was added during that wild area update.
(It's usually noted in the comments of my update page of what crystals can be used, under dai_encount)

Thank you very much!

I don't seem to have KNormalEncountRigel2. Guess I will skip that one then.

I found 11615F45 - 0359 Object 0x23D4 so I will put normalencountriger2 there.
Can't we just import the files to bcat?

Edited by JaySea77

3 hours ago, JaySea77 said:

Thank you very much!

I don't seem to have KNormalEncountRigel2. Guess I will skip that one then.

I found 11615F45 - 0359 Object 0x23D4 so I will put normalencountriger2 there.
Can't we just import the files to bcat?

I don't remember what's the value of the object, but I mentioned it somewhere.

And no, you can't just "import into BCAT". From what I recall, that's not how it all works.

• 1 year later...

Piggybacking on this thread. I tried loading wc8 files from the Events Gallery, like the Korean Porygon for example. PxHex isn't able to load it and it's not in the Mystery Gifts database either. How could I convert such file to pk8?

Edited by Izuna

8 minutes ago, Izuna said:

Piggybacking on this thread. I tried loading wc8 files from the Events Gallery, like the Korean Polygon for example. PxHex isn't able to load it and it's not in the Mystery Gift database either. How could I convert such file to pk9?

You can't, until there is an official way to get Pokemon from older Gens to Gen 9.

7 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

You can't, until there is an official way to get Pokemon from older Gens to Gen 9.

I'm sorry I meant pk8 for SwSh games. I tried looking around how to get a pokemon out of the wc8 files in the Events Gallery but found no working answers.

Here's an example of what appears when I try to load a wc8 file. I used "1023 SWSH - 정상윤 Porygon-Z.wc8" for the Korean Porygon, PkHex fails to load it and is the case for all other wc8 files I tried in the Events Gallery.

image.png.cb23b14c411706028e3531cd3dea0dd5.png

Edited by Izuna

54 minutes ago, Izuna said:

I'm sorry I meant pk8 for SwSh games. I tried looking around how to get a pokemon out of the wc8 files in the Events Gallery but found no working answers.

Here's an example of what appears when I try to load a wc8 file. I used "1023 SWSH - 정상윤 Porygon-Z.wc8" for the Korean Porygon, PkHex fails to load it and is the case for all other wc8 files I tried in the Events Gallery.

image.png.cb23b14c411706028e3531cd3dea0dd5.png

Responded to you in the other thread. Please refrain from posting multiple of the same content everywhere.