RE: Sword of Justice caught in SWSH "Encounter type PID mismatch".

lvlann

I am trying to create SHiny 6IV sword of justice for someone for a giveaway, every time I do it, it gives Encounter type PID mismatch. if I want them legal, they're either going to be Shiny with 3 perfect IVs or non-shiny with perfect IVs. I didnt encounter this issue with any other pokemon yet. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix the issue? I've Attached the files below for reference.

639 - Terrakion - 0536229E067E.pk8 639 ★ - Terrakion - 723E71658858.pk8 638 ★ - Cobalion - 61C6EDA961E4.pk8 640 ★ - Virizion - B1F9BAC9F0C0.pk8 638 - Cobalion - 1863229E067E.pk8 640 - Virizion - 344B229E067E.pk8

6 minutes ago, lvlann said:

I am trying to create SHiny 6IV sword of justice for someone for a giveaway, every time I do it, it gives Encounter type PID mismatch. ... Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix the issue?

Because you modified the PID beyond legal bounds.

The new version of PKHeX added a check to overworld/fishing/symbol encounters from gen 8 (if you control + click the legality symbol, you'll see the PID type now being called overworld8), and checks whether their PIDIV and other stats are properly legal. (basically can reverse engineer those stats, and see if any legal seed was used to generate them).

Here's a tool that might be of interest, provided you have your legal copy of the Swords of Justice. Do note you can not change their IVs. (You could just hyper train them if you want)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Because you modified the PID beyond legal bounds.

The new version of PKHeX added a check to overworld/fishing/symbol encounters, and checks whether their PIDIV and other stats are properly legal. (basically can reverse engineer those stats, and see if any legal seed was used to generate them).

Here's a tool that might be of interest, provided you have your legal copy of the Swords of Justice. Do note you can not change their IVs. (You could just hyper train them if you want)

Let me take a look at this.. i will probably have another question regarding this.. by the way, thanks for such a prompt reply. 

Just now, lvlann said:

Let me take a look at this.. i will probably have another question regarding this.. by the way, thanks for such a prompt reply. 

No problems. I replied cause I happened to be online, I can't say the same for my future reply, but as long as I have details, I'll answer it when I see it.

On a partially unrelated note, I see that all 3 of your SoJ has the same stats and PID. Did you use a cheat to get them or something?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

No problems. I replied cause I happened to be online, I can't say the same for my future reply, but as long as I have details, I'll answer it when I see it.

On a partially unrelated note, I see that all 3 of your SoJ has the same stats and PID. Did you use a cheat to get them or something?

I actually got them from one of the files available on this website. no Idea where the original owner got them from. 

On topic, this thing worked!!! 

Kept the IVs

Kept my SID

Kept my TID 

Kept my OT

Kept the square shiny!!!! 

thanks so much!!!!!

really appreciate it

5 minutes ago, lvlann said:

I actually got them from one of the files available on this website. no Idea where the original owner got them from. 

Ah that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, lvlann said:

On topic, this thing worked!!! 

Kept the IVs

Kept my SID

Kept my TID 

Kept my OT

Kept the square shiny!!!! 

thanks so much!!!!!

really appreciate it

To my understanding that is how games force shininess.

From what I understand, the games rolls a shiny check, *before* the seed is rolled. (Which the seed is used to determine various stats such as PID, IVs, Height , Weight, EC, etc), and the result from the shiny check would result in either (1) Shiny or (2) Not Shiny.

So if you rolled a shiny for the shiny check, but the resulting PID from the seed is not shiny, that is supposedly how the game assigns you a forced shiny PID (by modifying the top half of the PID).
[which is square shiny]

[extra info: if you rolled a shiny for shiny check, and have a shiny PID from the seed, the game won't force shininess on you. That's how you get star shinies for these wild encounters]

Well, glad it's all sorted out :3

• Thanks 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Ah that makes sense.

To my understanding that is how games force shininess.

From what I understand, the games rolls a shiny check, *before* the seed is rolled. (Which the seed is used to determine various stats such as PID, IVs, Height , Weight, EC, etc), which would result in (1) Shiny or (2) Not Shiny.

So if you rolled a shiny for the shiny check, but the resulting PID from the seed is not shiny, that is supposedly how the game assigns you a forced shiny PID (by modifying the top half of the PID).

Well, glad it's all sorted out :3

Ok.. I think I understood it.. so PID, IVs, height, weight all weighs in on whether the pokemon will be shiny or not? 
Because as soon as I change the height and Weight, it gives me the exclamation mark. 

2 minutes ago, lvlann said:

Ok.. I think I understood it.. so PID, IVs, height, weight all weighs in on whether the pokemon will be shiny or not? 
Because as soon as I change the height and Weight, it gives me the exclamation mark. 

If I'm not mistaken, the factors connected to the seed are PID, IVs, HT, WT, EC.
So yeah, you can't change any of them haphazardly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

If I'm not mistaken, the factors connected to the seed is PID, IVs, HT, WT, EC.
So yeah, you can't change any of them.

EC? 

also I notice the program you gave me generated same PID for all three pokemon, and all three pokemon are evidently legal with same exact PID. 

2 minutes ago, lvlann said:

EC? 

also I notice the program you gave me generated same PID for all three pokemon, and all three pokemon are evidently legal with same exact PID. 

Encryption Constant. This thing:
image.png

Well yeah, it modifies the top half based on your TID/SID and PID.

So given you're using the same PID, TID and SID, it gave you the same result;
there's only one modification formula (for forced shinies), so if all the variables are the same, the result is the same.

• Thanks 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Encryption Constant. This thing:
image.png

Well yeah, it modifies the top half based on your TID/SID and PID.

So given you're using the same PID, TID and SID, it gave you the same result;
there's only one modification formula (for forced shinies), so if all the variables are the same, the result is the same.

Awesome. Thanks so much for clarifying this. really appreciate this.