BW error: "SaveFile shorter than SRAM"

T501

I'm Black playing on melonDS, and tried to edit some pokemon on PK, then exported the new save file and tried loading that into melonDS, but when I did I got the error message "SaveFile shorter than SRAM" and now it's treating the save file as if the save was never there to begin with (only New Game, etc on title scrren). PK can still read my save files, like with the pokemon in-party and stuff, but melonDS doesn't for some reason. I had no issues with Platinum or SoulSilver whenever I did this; this is the first time I'm seeing this and I don't know why. 

For reference sake, all my save files are 512KB.

EDIT: I also just tried right now in DeSmuMe, sav import worked just fine. MelonDS still doesn't recognize it, unfortunately.

EDIT 2: OK, so I have a workaround right now, at least. What I'm doing is opening up the game nds in DeSmuMe, saving there, then importing the save file from DeSmuMe's Battery folder into MelonDS. It works, but I do keep getting the message "trimmed savefile" upon loading. What does that mean?

Edited by T501

40 minutes ago, T501 said:

I'm Black playing on melonDS, and tried to edit some pokemon on PK, then exported the new save file and tried loading that into melonDS, but when I did I got the error message "SaveFile shorter than SRAM" and now it's treating the save file as if the save was never there to begin with (only New Game, etc on title scrren). PK can still read my save files, like with the pokemon in-party and stuff, but melonDS doesn't for some reason. I had no issues with Platinum or SoulSilver whenever I did this; this is the first time I'm seeing this and I don't know why. 

For reference sake, all my save files are 512KB.

Frankly got no clue, never ran into that with my edited saves before.

• 1 year later...

I had this problem and I found a way to solve it. So what I initially did was opening up a nds file for Diamond on a file named Pokemon Diamond. However, the problem was when I tried to open up a ds save file on another folder, there was the same title. "Save File shorter than SRAM." So what I did was, I copied the ds save file and put it into another folder, called Pokemon Diamond DSI save. I also copied the nds file for Pokemon Diamond and put it into the Pokemon Diamond DSI save. This should help you.