PKHeX : idea of feature for Gen 2

BlueGold

Hello,

If the player never did a mystery gift, a default trainer can be met in the Trainer House located in Viridian City (with the highest evolutions of the threee Johto starters).

But if a player did a mistery gift, the default trainer is replaced by the party of the latest player connected for a mistery gift.

Some research has been done about the Trainer House (located in Viridian City) and the offsets in the save file. See here.

It'd be awesome to have a feature in PKHeX allowing to update this data.

I thought about it and here's how I think it could be integrated :

1) Adding a button in the SAV tab :

New_Button.jpg.2ada96cbbf6474aeae47090167d0741a.jpg

2) Clicking on this new button would open a pop-up which has 2 tabs :

a) Trainer's team.

Popup_Team_Tab.jpg.ca59f3ae5aff5d8225f6074de2dc87c4.jpg

Popup_Team_Tab_2.jpg.7063df87ecddf8c3b2eb0f1a2cd11aba.jpg

b) Trainer Name and if it must overwrite the default trainer or not.

Popup_Trainer.jpg.816ca9ef9d67bb4c63c92b49cc350545.jpg

What do you think ? Would you like this feature ?

BlueGold.

Edited by BlueGold
  • Like 1

@BlueGold

Based on what you linked, let's take a look:
image.png

It shows that the Trainer's House Trainer's mon isn't even full data, it's just some bytes.
In otherwise, it doesn't contain the full Pokemon data, unlike box or PC data.

As such, I see your suggestion as infeasible/pointless, in terms of data extraction.

If your goal is merely to edit the mons you get to battle, then maybe that makes sense.

• Like 1

Well the goal of this feature would be indeed to change the team of the trainer we can battle in the trainer house.

I thought it was a cool feature.

From my end, I've a device able to extract save data from cartridge and I use it to give replicated events mons from the NY Center to friends (yes I know people still playing Gen 2 on original hardware 🙂 ).

As an easter egg, I'd insert a specific team the guy who received the event mons at the Trainer House.

And still, I thought it would still be fun to be able to set a specific team you would like to battle (ex : to test your own team, ....).

But I get your point, I can still 'manually' edit the save in a hex editor. I just thought it would be a nice addition to the program and make it as complete as possible although I agree it's not the most useful feature it shall support... I'm not saying it's a necessecity to implement this.

Edited by BlueGold