Pokemon Renegade Platinum and PKHeX Compatibility - Base Stat Reversion

MishTheFish

I recently started a playthrough of P:RP on DraStic (Android Emulator) and I decided to use the gift Eevee as a starter because the improved base stats and learnset of Flareon made it much more appealing to me. I also decided to use a Wormadam-T for similar reasons. Because I am lazy and didn't want to grind for perfect natures and IVs, I decided to use PKHeX to alter these values.

This is where I encountered problems, for when I loaded my now-edited save, the base stats that were so appealing to me appear to have been reverted, I have a slow Flareon and a weak Wormadam. I'm pretty sure I have the complete version of the game because in the double battle with Lucas, the enemy's smog was super effective against his Snubbull (implying it had the fairy-type). Does anyone know of any fixes or workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Sorry this is so wordy, I wanted to make sure I included all the important details.

59 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

if you level up, it should recalculate the stats based on the ROM hack.

Thanks for the reply! So when I leveled up my Pokemon, the stats didn't change. Could this mean I don't have the complete version of the hack?

Edit: HaX didn't allow me to change the base stats, only the true stats.

Edited by MishTheFish

6 minutes ago, MishTheFish said:

I have.

The stats you see in the summary, are based on a calculation on IVs and Base Stats, that should update when leveling up.

While PKHeX does recalculate the stats in the summary screen (and it'll use the non-hacked base stats as part of the calculation), your summary stats should have been replaced by the hacked Base Stats of your hacked ROM hack upon level up.

If it doesn't, then who knows what the issue is.

An alternative, as I said earlier, is to use hax mode of PKHeX to write the wanted stats.

• Like 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Then I don't know what else you can do. The stats you see in the summary, are based on a calculation on IVs and Base Stats, that should update when leveling up.

While PKHeX does recalculate the stats in the summary screen, it should have been replaced by the hacked Base Stats of your hacked ROM hack upon level up.

If it doesn't, then who knows what the issue is.

It's certainly a brain-scratcher. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. :D 

12 minutes ago, MishTheFish said:

Yeah unfortunately HaX only let me change the true stats, not the base stats.

That's because base stats are thoroughly dependent on the ROM, and aren't stored in the save.
The base stats you may see in PKHeX is purely visual, purely based on the real game's stats.

You can just edit the summary stats, and let that be it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

base stats are thoroughly dependent on the ROM, and aren't stored in the save.

I DID IT!!

I wasn't using a complete version. OperationiDroid only had the classic version apparently. I had to download a Platinum Rom and patch it with Drayano's patch and then change the name of the newly patched ROM to match my save. It was a little tedious but my Pokemon are strong now. Thanks for the help, wouldn't have checked this if you hadn't said this!

• Like 1