Vivilion having a different pattern than his region

Shadoko_

Hello, so I don't why but I can change the pattern of my vivilion and it's still going to be legal

image.png.5d7078075c57fd482e8a92c0feb906eb.png

even if it's not the same continent, which is pretty strange, any idea why :?

image.png.97b123f7098156e0c76b8b2532535450.png

I really have no idea why so I'll be really thankful for any kind of explanation.

image.png

image.png

@Shadoko_ It is possible to transfer a save legitimately from a cart to a cia (eshop) version across regions.
(example: While EU 3DS cannot launch US game, the save data transfer tool can still read the save in the cart.
With that, you can transfer a US save into an EU game.)

When you transfer the save across regions, the save carries the old "expected form", but the region data updates when launched in the different region'd 3DS.

image.png
^ As you can see, the Vivillon form is already preset. Presumably to stop people from changing the encounterable form by changing the 3DS region/country.

As a result, you can encounter form-region mismatched Vivillon legitimately.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Shadoko_ It is possible to transfer a save legitimately from a cart to a cia (eshop) version across regions.
(example: While EU 3DS cannot launch US game, the save data transfer tool can still read the save in the cart.
With that, you can transfer a US save into an EU game.)

When you transfer the save across regions, the save carries the old "expected form", but the region data updates when launched in the different region'd 3DS.

image.png
^ As you can see, the Vivillon form is already preset. Presumably to stop people from changing the encounterable form by changing the 3DS region/country.

As a result, you can encounter form-region mismatched Vivillon legitimately.

thanks a lot, I was scared that my vivilion wouldn't be legal and that I couldn't use him online but now it's fine I guess ^^

also it's not really on topic but way I ask if the region is really necessary for a pokemon to be legitimate :? when I took all of my pokemon from X into pkhex they all had the country part filled but not the region one, I'm afraid that it might make them illegitimate and not useable online...

9 minutes ago, Shadoko_ said:

thanks a lot, I was scared that my vivilion wouldn't be legal and that I couldn't use him online but now it's fine I guess ^^

also it's not really on topic but way I ask if the region is really necessary for a pokemon to be legitimate :? when I took all of my pokemon from X into pkhex they all had the country part filled but not the region one, I'm afraid that it might make them illegitimate and not useable online...

3DS era, every mon must have a region.
Either region caught in, hatched in, or imported in.