RM UU Team

Tbird

Amendment

I realised after reading a comment left by Wraith that my team had no purpose other than to be used. Which, although I think is a reasonable purpose, isn't going to help me in coming up with a good team or win all that much lol.

So here's my revamped team, with bit more thought in mind as to what it is I want to do - Simply Put I want to beat everything in a way that makes people go 'Damn I did not see that coming.'

(Worked out how to do this quick without typing .. took me Damn near two hours last time ¬¬)

424.jpg

Mr Jackson (Ambipom) (M) @ Muscle Band

Ability: Technician

EVs:

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Aerial Ace

- Fake Out

- Taunt

- U-turn

Ambipom is quite Possibly my favourite Pokemon in the whole world. But what I love about him competitively is his ability to just be awesome. I have always loved Fake-Out just because it's a good way to get the game started; taking the first move while doing amazing damage against those that Aren't made of rock, steel ... or ectoplasm. Taunt is there For obvious Reasons - I have a Moltres on my team, the last thing I need is bloody stealth rock. Aerial ace is there for a good solid attack that is super damaging to fighting types (should they wish to switch in), grass types, bug types blah blah. U-turn is there for when he has done his job - Weakened the opponent's lead and prevented stealth rock/gravity/any other weird business they are trying to pull off.

The Ev's and nature are there purely because that is all he needs, get in and get out as quick as he can while doing what he can.

Muscle band is used over silk scarf because I want all my moves to get a little something extra, aerial ace and U-turn really need that extra boost just to get significant damage at times.

---

350.jpg

Milotic (M) @ Flame Orb

Ability: Marvel Scale

EVs: 240 HP/12 Def/252 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Hidden Power [Ground]

(Originally Swampert: Willing to revert if you can think of a really good set)

Milotic. Well First off you'll notice the flame orb. People have warmed against using it; for obvious reason, but frankly I won't be sending him out against electrics or leafs so I should sustain enough damage to outweigh the 50% defence boost. Anyway, his job is to come in on the things that Ambipom couldn't handle himself, this would be things like Aerodactyl, Regirock, Registeel, Steelix, Lucario etc etc. The plan with Milo is to soak up the attack that was planned for Ambipom (usually an earthquake) and strike back with water ever move is necessary. For instance, I've taunted a Lucario and now I just want to get out of there ASAP, U-turn to Milotic and open up with HP ground (which I think get's a 2HKO, not actually checked it out yet :S).

He's also a tank of sorts, as you can see with the EV spread. Milotic doesn't really outspeed that much, and I thought I may aswell exploit his already bulky as hell defences and pump his HP and max his SPatk. Just to ensure what ever he's hitting is going down lol.

Ice beam for dragons mainly, I was kinda hoping he'd be bulky enough to take on Salamence and win... wishful thinking?

Surf - Reliable STAB.

HP Ground - the reason for this poke in the first place - take out steels (while being able to get rock and dragons too xD)

Recover - Needed for the lost HP (which is like 2% more lost than life orb with more benefit; right?) and somewhat justify the choice of Flame orb over leftovers.

---

146.jpg

Moltres @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 240 HP/38 Def/112 Spd/120 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Air Slash

- Roost

- Fire Blast

- Hidden Power [ice]/Toxic

Note: I'm willing to change him for something else as long as it has the same coverage and isn't called Heatran or Infernape or anything that destroys the initial idea

I gotta say I just like bulkiness. I used to love that whole fast as hell, come in whoop ass and that's your lot, but frankly I find bulky sets more exciting, if not for the Spreads being good to look at. I'll level with you, I don't understand the EV's I took them from Smogon.

His Job is to basically just be another tank, covering those of which Milotic can't.

Air Slash is there for any fighting types that somehow get passed Ambipom (such as Scarfed Infernape).

Roost - People like to hit him

Fire blast is a very good Stab attack that .. well it destroys things. Come in on weavile's ice shard/brick break and whoop his ass (or Scizor's bullet punch/superpower)

HP Ice and Toxic are both really good and kinda determine this set. I could toxic Stall or cover pretty much everything - both work really well so I'm undecided

---

237.jpg

Hitmontop (M) @ Black Belt

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Sucker Punch

- Stone Edge

- Rapid Spin

I do really like hitmontop. I have chosen him over my initial Tentacruel because I had a better water type and lacked a fighting type. Again he's kind of tank like - he's a hitmon so naturally has got a really good SPdef, got good attack and can spin. His only deficits are his speed and HP, due to his low speed he wouldn't be able to outpace much and would still have poor HP, sO I thought it'd be best to outpace none and survive more. He's my designated spinner for Moltres and my Blissy/Walrein/Genger counter.

Close combat is a good solid STAB attack - obvious choice

Sucker punch puts the hurt on incoming Gengar and other ghost that come in to not allow me my rapid spin, OHKO on Gengar so happy days :D - also for psychics.

Stone Edge is for flyers and anyone else that needs an edgin'!

Rapid spin - Y'all know why lol.

---

377.jpg

Regirock @ Leftovers

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/220 SDef

Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Stone Edge

- Superpower

- Explosion

- Stealth Rock

Regirock is my physical wall and exploder for when the brown stuff hits the fan. He can take hits and hit back hard as hayell. He's also my SR layer. Although I do hate SR; I figure if you can't beat them join them. All he really needs is a reliable healing move and he'd be a God - More of a God. I'm stuck between Stone Edge and Super Power though - They both have their strong points but I'd really like earthquake in there and can't really give up either of the other two moves; your verdict?

Stone edge is there for Salamence again should I need too - Come in on outrage and then put the hurtin' on em'!

Superpower probably is the one I will remove for Earthquake, however should hitmontop Die I have no one else that can attack normals or dark types - as efficiently anyway

Explosion - Can win games if I am 2 - 1 up .. so it's always good

SR - as mentioned above.

---

429.jpg

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Substitute

- Calm Mind

As recommended. :)

As I'm yet to try her out I can only comment on the theory behind this choice. Other than being recommended - She has a very high speed, spatk and spdef. The strategy, as said below, is to come in on any of her resistances (ground, fighter, normal) or special attacker get a sub, boost up and then get my sweep on. I have chose calm mind over nasty plot because, although it takes longer to get to the desired level of boostage, it boosts the spdef too allowing for a stronger sub meaning more leftover recovery - harder to kill. I have chose Tbolt over HP fighting simply because Honchcrow would appear to be my biggest threat and Tbolt is going to hurt (though if I come up against sucker punch I'm screwed anyway) And because I have Hitmontop to weaker if not take out any darks that threaten to kill her.

straught 252/252 because she's a sweeper.

Shadow ball for stab.

Tbolt already explained

Sub CM - kind of the point of this set. xD

---

Edited by Tbird

Heracross is faster than Scizor... and unlike Lucario (and Scizor) has a resist to Ground and Fighting. And unlike both, Hera has dual useful 120 physical STAB, powered by Guts it becomes pretty insane. Seriously people have to stop thinking Scizor and Lucario outclass Heracross completely because they do not >.>

By the way, Heracross is more defensive than Lucario. Scizor may be more defensive but Hera has some resists that Scizor doesn't (although Scizor has that resist to Dragon). Now the thing is... what is the main purpose of this team? Because if you want something like Ninetales to sweep or whatnot, you will need Pokemon to support it properly.

Purpose? Well I guess that would simply to be in the oddest fashion ever lol. I'm still not very good at the whole making a team though :/. The above does work until I come up against a team that's pretty much the standard (You know a salamence, a scizor, a blissey, a rotom) then it all kind of goes to pot. So I guess the purpose would be expose the OU pokes to a taste of their own medicine, by using the things that kill them, or are good but get over shadowed/under looked/ or other wise forgotten.

(For instance my Ambipom - U-Turn - Swampert covers pretty much every lead you'll come across.

I have radically changed my team since I posted this as it started getting blown apart, so although I hate having to change a team due to being up against the above killers, it's all a part of the game.

I'm gunna really need a hand with the Swampert set, because although he works better, I just can't get him to work properly. *sigh*

I'll amend the OP now.

Randomspot is right, just making this a UU team would be a good idea. The mechanics are different, though. Also, beating people in a way they didn't expect is pretty difficult to do and has a lot more to do with your experience with pokemon in that tier and the pokemon on your team, along with strategies for countering other strategies. Its complicated.

Anyway, replacing Latias in UU... I suggest Mismagius. Standard Nasty Plot Mismagius doesn't seem too out of place here.

Mismagius @ Leftovers / Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Timid

Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 253 Spe

- Nasty Plot

- Substitute

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Very standard set, grabbed it from smogon. One of the most powerful sweepers in UU. Watch out for thunder waves, and switch in on ground and fighting attacks and set up Substitute. Mismagius is rather fragile but with one or two Nasty Plots under her belt, she can sweep very nicely in the UU environment (not to mention in OU, given circumstances).

Ooo thanks I hadn't thought of Mismagius, and I do really like her. Thanks man. I might try and play around with other moves and sets though; so I wont put her in the OP until I found something workable for me.

And I suppose that does make more sense; you know making it fully UU.

If someone could change the title to simply Rate my UU team that'd be great. :)

Standard sets/EVs sicken me...

Anyways nice Mismagius. If you have a Substitute up Honchkrow's Sucker Punch will only break the Sub. If you predict a Sucker Punch you can Sub up and TBolt Honchkrow to death. Anyways it's all about prediction. Also, while Murkrow is faster than Misdreavus, Mismagius is faster than Honchkrow and Murkrow, so as long as Honchkrow doesn't Night Slash or something you should be safe to Sub. I find Honchkrow a little underwhelming though, but that thing is all about prediction. Nasty Plot is a lot more dangerous than Calm Mind from what I've been experimenting though... but if you like those defenses, then stick with CM. However your Mismagius is EVd offensively and you will find NP a bit more than overkill on many things :) I'd generally agree with Illithian here... NP would work better on that Missy I think... but that's just me :/ I even run a defensive Mismagius with NP because Blissey still doesn't break its Subs (yes I play Mismagius in OU... it is effective there so I'll bet it is scary in UU)...

Also, it isn't unheard of to make a team entirely of UUs that is designed for OU play. I've done that before and if you play your cards right it can surprise your foes. That Moltres of yours looks like the defensive set (it hits 244 speed with those EVs which only outpaces Jolly Ttar by one point... an offensive Moltres like that wants more speed)..... only you've shifted some of the defense EVs to Special Attack. The defensive Moltres is designed for OU play I believe... since it works incredibly well there (remember my Moltres?) That Moltres of yours is all over the place... is it SubToxicRoost staller or an offensive one? Without much speed (you are not outpacing "standard" defensive Zapdos/Celebi either unless you hit around 120 Speed EVs or more) Air Slash isn't flinching anything and Roost will not buy you some handy resists if you don't have enough speed.

Well I was kind of going for 'A jack of all' type of thing with the Moltres. Do you think I should be going just the one way or the other then? I'll have a look at some different Offence/defence sets and see what works. I was going for a bit everything For it, so I guess that, if nothing else, just makes it a mess. And I gotta say she's not been exactly great, hence my willingness to change. But I guess simply changing the set is better than changing the whole bloody poke lol.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. :)