Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Hi there, thanks for this wonderful tool. However, I do have problems with it. I can't even open my save file, because it keeps on saying 'This is not a pokémon save file'. I tried generating a save file with my flash card and three different emulators and with different roms, but the error message keeps coming. Can someone please check what's wrong? I do have basic HEX knowledge, and the size is at least good (0x800000)

Edited by Quirino

Hello

well im playing Pokemon SS and i want to import a mistery gift....and when i want to save on the MGE it shows me

pk3b.jpg

Im using No$gba with SAV/SNA File Format == Raw

Mode uncompressed also shows me the error

That's definitely a problem. All 4th gen saves cannot be saved. I guess when I changed the code to support B/W saves, I broke the support of D/P/Pt/HG/SS saves.

For the time being, please use version 1.4.2 I've added below in this post.

I will update the program as soon as I can.

Hi there, thanks for this wonderful tool. However, I do have problems with it. I can't even open my save file, because it keeps on saying 'This is not a pokémon save file'. I tried generating a save file with my flash card and three different emulators and with different roms, but the error message keeps coming. Can someone please check what's wrong? I do have basic HEX knowledge, and the size is at least good (0x800000)

Here's the save file. And can one please tell how you generate the save files which work for you?

Uhmm... I saw that your game uses the 2nd block while you've saved only one time.

Try saving it again in the game and then load it in PMGE. But then again, try version 1.4.2 because 1.4.3 has a problem with saving SS games.

Oh, and Bond, thanks for taking time to update the Wonder Card map, I appreciate it ;)

Next version will include all bug fixes and B/W Mystery Gift updates.

Grtzz!!

PMGE v1.4.2.0 Portable.zip

PMGE v1.4.2.0 Portable.zip

That's definitely a problem. All 4th gen saves cannot be saved. I guess when I changed the code to support B/W saves, I broke the support of D/P/Pt/HG/SS saves.

For the time being, please use version 1.4.2 I've added below in this post.

I will update the program as soon as I can.!

Ahh ok! :D

Thanks for you reply

Recently I used the 1.4.2 version and it works fine :)

Uhmm... I saw that your game uses the 2nd block while you've saved only one time.

Try saving it again in the game and then load it in PMGE. But then again, try version 1.4.2 because 1.4.3 has a problem with saving SS games.

Thanks a lot! It works now. Thanks for the fast support!

Can you make the B/W gifts shareable like in the previous gen??

The only way to share cards is with the IR function (at least as far as we can see)

Since no redistributable cards exist, it's just a shot in the dark for testing right now... once we get a redistributable card (if at all) it'll be figured out!

The 0xAA-0xAB region is what we expect it to lie in for game restrictions (unobtainable items) and redistributability limits.

There probably won't be AR codes as there are two locations the cards and gift data exist inside the memory. The first location is the same for all DSes/saves, but the second is spaced oddly depending on the MAC address of your DS ==> any code would have to adjust to that.

In addition cards won't save if you inject the memory akin to a card and gift when they are unencrypted during viewing, so someone would have to find the region where the encrypted data is for the man holding the gift for AR codes to be even remotely possible. The scattered memory locations would probably wreak the same havoc, as the game relies on MAC addresses for many things this generation (RNG).

YES IT IS ME DEEP IN THOUGHT. awesome pic is awesome.

Edited by Kaphotics

that picture in your sig is of you deep in thought isn't it?

In addition cards won't save if you inject the memory akin to a card and gift when they are unencrypted during viewing, so someone would have to find the region where the encrypted data is for the man holding the gift for AR codes to be even remotely possible. The scattered memory locations would probably wreak the same havoc, as the game relies on MAC addresses for many things this generation (RNG).

i can't even begin to describe the level of hate for gamefreak after i spent like 90 minutes carefully plinking together a gigantic code for a liberty ticket byte by byte so i wouldn't miss anything and come to find out it did absolutely nothing.

Edited by Bond697

A thing I noticed while I was testing this out:

I had already had several WCs from the Trade to Evolve event in my sav file's album that had already been picked up (these have the Memorial Ribbon), so I tried overwriting one using your prog and the pgf for the Kumashun event (which has the Classic Ribbon, but not the Memorial). When I picked up the Kumashun in-game, it had BOTH ribbons, meaning the data for the Memorial Ribbon must have been residual and not properly overwritten by the inserted pgf file.

• 1 month later...
well i donwloaded the program and i openend and select the 8MB file

On source format i put: DESMULE

On target Format: RAW FORMAT

SIZE: 512KB - 4MB

it generates a 512Kb size file and I opened it with MGE and shows me the same error

are ok the source format/ target format???

Which format supports the MGE???

I have a similiar problem, I try to open the file and I get "This is not a pokemon sav file!" error (just an error, nothing more). I tried different conversion tools and nothing seems to help. I'm playing on desmume, I tried converting it to raw 512 format, but it doesn't work. What should I do to make it work?

I have a similiar problem, I try to open the file and I get "This is not a pokemon sav file!" error (just an error, nothing more). I tried different conversion tools and nothing seems to help. I'm playing on desmume, I tried converting it to raw 512 format, but it doesn't work. What should I do to make it work?

I too, have this problem with the .dsv Desmume save file. I tried to back up battery tool to create a RAW save files (that works with Pokesav) and the program still display the same error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I too, have this problem with the .dsv Desmume save file. I tried to back up battery tool to create a RAW save files (that works with Pokesav) and the program still display the same error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunatly, I have been unable to use this with my Black save fire, despite the fact I have version 1.4.3

It just says that my SAV is not a pokemon SAV.

Help please!!!!

Is your SAV File 512 KB or 8 MB? It's suppose to be 512 KB and not 8 MB.

Hey.

How is this program supposed to work? I run it and it wants me to have a pokemon save file on my computer, but my pokemon save file (assuming it exists) is on my DS card.

Trying to find how to get event pokemon and such now that they no longer seem to be available on ebay.

thank you for your time.

Hey.

How is this program supposed to work? I run it and it wants me to have a pokemon save file on my computer, but my pokemon save file (assuming it exists) is on my DS card.

Trying to find how to get event pokemon and such now that they no longer seem to be available on ebay.

thank you for your time.

You might want to buy a NDS PLus Adapter to back up your SAV File from your DS.

Right, found the PM tool... Now to figure out how to attach a file...

Like I said, Im new t this!

You can post Attachments by using your Advance Settings and selecting Manage Attachments.