Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

The Beta's and the earlier verisons work fine for me, but my OS is still Window's XP and will not work on my system so I can't load in FrameWork 4.0.

Could you make a Final 1.4 work work without the frameWork like the earlier versions?

desmume saves as 513k .dsv files, not 512k. open it in pokegen and re-save and it will be the right size.

e: you were playing in no$gba at some point, right? that's why your save was 520/521k.

hey i have other problem

how can i open a pokemon B&W save with the Mistery gift editor??

because i play on desmule, it saves the file with 8MB size andit is very big

hey i have other problem

how can i open a pokemon B&W save with the Mistery gift editor??

because i play on desmule, it saves the file with 8MB size andit is very big

not currently

and 8MB is too big, it should be 512KB like before, change your save type.

Found the answer myself already:

The readme said this: In order to run this program, .NET Framework 3.0 or higher must be installed on the machine (Windows XP SP2 or higher).

While the first post mentions that you need 4.0. I downloaded that and now it works fine.

@Grovyle: thanks for your hard work! Great program!

Hmm... I guess I haven't updated the readme file correctly. First I planned to use version 3.0, but when 4.0 was released I decided to use that version (better text rendering, which should be fine now in the upcoming version of MGE, for Windows XP as well).

The Beta's and the earlier verisons work fine for me, but my OS is still Window's XP and will not work on my system so I can't load in FrameWork 4.0.

Could you make a Final 1.4 work work without the frameWork like the earlier versions?

.NET 4.0 requires Windows XP SP3 or higher. Check if you have that, install SP3 otherwise, then .NET Framework 4.0 and try to start MGE again.

I cannot make another version without .NET, simply because the first version requires .NET 2.0, so MGE had always required the framework. Maybe when MGE is finally done and I don't have anything to improve I'll make a MGE that doesn't need .NET and make it cross-platform, but for that I need to improve my skills a lot. And with the little time I have, don't expect too much.

Grtzz!!

well i donwloaded the program and i openend and select the 8MB file

On source format i put: DESMULE

On target Format: RAW FORMAT

SIZE: 512KB - 4MB

it generates a 512Kb size file and I opened it with MGE and shows me the same error

are ok the source format/ target format???

Which format supports the MGE???

well i donwloaded the program and i openend and select the 8MB file

On source format i put: DESMULE

On target Format: RAW FORMAT

SIZE: 512KB - 4MB

it generates a 512Kb size file and I opened it with MGE and shows me the same error

are ok the source format/ target format???

Which format supports the MGE???

MGE supports only RAW save files (generated from NO$GBA (you need to set the setting correct) and DeSmuME (trimming required) and M3 DS Real and possibly a handful more flashcards).

What format do you use? I don't know any program and/or flashcard which produces a 8 MB save file.

Next version will trim automatically according to the input file size:

• < 256 KB --> not supported
  • 256 KB - 512 KB --> 256 KB
  • > 512 KB --> 512 KB

I have added some save file extensions as well (dsv, dat, 0).

PMGE has been updated to version 1.4.2. This version includes some minor and major GUI changes and/or bug fixes.

It also contains a beta hex editor for B/W Mystery Gifts for those who want to hex edit it. The GUI should be better on all supported Windows platforms. Automatic save file trimming is now supported.

From now on I'll create a Setup and a Portable version. The setup version will automatically download and install .NET Framework 4.0 if not installed. It also checks your OS version. The portable version will be the same as always.

Download and changelog in the first post.

Have fun!

Grovyle91

MGE supports only RAW save files (generated from NO$GBA (you need to set the setting correct) and DeSmuME (trimming required) and M3 DS Real and possibly a handful more flashcards).

What format do you use? I don't know any program and/or flashcard which produces a 8 MB save file.

Next version will trim automatically according to the input file size:

• < 256 KB --> not supported
  • 256 KB - 512 KB --> 256 KB
  • > 512 KB --> 512 KB

I have added some save file extensions as well (dsv, dat, 0).

I dont know how i can see what type of file save the Desmule but if it saves a 8MB size. I have found but nothing

Since that i Get the national pokedex, it begins to save 8MB.

Tried the last MGE 1.4.2 but it shows me that it isnt a pokemon save

I really do like using the mystery gift editor, but for some odd reason, when I import the mystery gift files, the information from those files doesn't automatically fill in the mystery gift information on the editor, and are completely blank like nothing ever happened. I got a screenshot to show you of what I mean.

link to image file

could it be just me being on windows XP, or is it a real bug that only effects me? XP I don't know why this is happening..

I'm also using the latest version that has just been released too.

- Soldjermon

I dont know how i can see what type of file save the Desmule but if it saves a 8MB size. I have found but nothing

Since that i Get the national pokedex, it begins to save 8MB.

Tried the last MGE 1.4.2 but it shows me that it isnt a pokemon save

If PMGE says it isn't a Pokémon save file, it normally isn't, but if you're sure it is, I'd like to take a look at your save file then. Please PM me.

I really do like using the mystery gift editor, but for some odd reason, when I import the mystery gift files, the information from those files doesn't automatically fill in the mystery gift information on the editor, and are completely blank like nothing ever happened. I got a screenshot to show you of what I mean.

link to image file

could it be just me being on windows XP, or is it a real bug that only effects me? XP I don't know why this is happening..

I'm also using the latest version that has just been released too.

- Soldjermon

Ah!! I thought I forgot something when I released v1.4.1, and it's this bug!

I encountered it too, it's just a display bug. The data does get imported, however, PMGE doesn't show it right away.

In order to solve it for now, is to switch forth and back the MG in the corresponding dropdown box above. Then it will show your imported gift ;)

I'll fix this bug right away. When I'm finished I will release the next version, which also supports shell context menus (yeey for .NET 4.0, any version before this one didn't support managed shell extensions).

NICE JOB GROVYLE,but i have a quest:Where can I download pkmn. files? Because http://projectpokemon.org/pkm don't work.

Input file size: 136 bytes

Correct file size: 236 bytes

SORRY MY ENGLISH!!!

The PKM files you use have a length of 136 bytes, which means it's a Boxed Pokémon.

Mystery Gift only supports Party Pokémon format (236 bytes).

EDIT:

:grog: SURPRISE! :grog:

I've updated PMGE to 1.4.3, and it supports Black and White save files!

Download and other changes are in the first post.

change it from "key item 00" to "pokemon 02" and it should work fine.

we've only had 1 key item and a few pokes from that trade event a few weeks ago, still figuring some stuff out.

e: i see why. that value should be referring to 0xB3, not 0x0D. that should fix it. card data vs. gift data, stuff is in a different order. gonna have to take another look at 0x0D, i guess, too.

ok, 0D is possibly for ribbons? B3 is for gift type. 0C is the primary ribbon flag(not B2) and looks like standard flags for "celebration" ribbons- 10h = classic ribbon, 20h = premiere ribbon, 80h = birthday ribbon, 10+20+80 = B0 = all 3 ribbons on the poke. gonna test 0D now, i'd bet 0D is for region-specific ribbons for contests, etc.

e: 0C and 0D are both celebration ribbons. list coming...

e2:

0C:

01 - country ribbon

02 - national

04 - earth

08 - world

10 - classic

20 - premiere

40 - event

80 - birthday

and you obviously just add as you want to combine more.

e3:

0D:

01 - special ribbon

02 - memorial

04 - wish

08 - battle champ

10 - regional champ

20 - national champ

40 - world champ

80 - no ribbon

looks like 15 ribbons available to wondercard pokes. for example, if you wanted a wondercard to arrive with the national, birthday, memorial,wish, and world champ ribbons, you would make 0C = 0x82(0x02 + 0x80) and 0D = 0x46.(0x02+0x04+0x40)

and i updated our wiki entry:

http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/5th_Generation_Wonder_Card_Map

e18: 0xB2(always 44) is unknown again at the moment.

Edited by Bond697