Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Ah, I see.

Well just having a function to add them manually is fine.

But let's say you have three Wondercards, all of wich don't have their ID's registered.

You delete one of them and download an event via Wi-Fi.

Then you'd be able to download the deleted Wondercard again once you deleted another one, since the ID isn't in your game.

Edit: Okay, now I'm positive you forgot something.

I've had Mystery Gift available on my game.

When I added a new Wondercard (along with the ID and pgt file) I noticed Mystery Gift wasn't there anymore.

Then I checked back, and the "Mystery Gift is active" button was unchecked.

There also seems to be some sort of problem with the "Corresponding WC number" part of the PGT window.

You know the message on the first side of the Wondercard that says to go and get the gift at the Pokémart?

Well, when I set my Secret Key, Member Card and Oak's Letter PGT and PCD files to the correct slot, the Secret Key will show up as "You alerady received this gift" even though it is set to the correct slot.

After experimenting a bit, I seem to have found out how to fix that problem.

If the PCD is set to Slot-1, set the "corresponding WC number" to 0.

If Slot-2, set to 1.

If Slot-3, set to 2.

For some reason, you have to set it to one number less than what it is, and I wonder why. There's still a slot-3 available on the dropbox, even though it'S pretty useless anyway.

Edited by Guest

You're right on this one. I've tried something out on my Platinum. Setting the Gifts and Wonder Cards correctly will sometimes cause the Wonder Card show up as "You have already received this gift before."

This has nothing to do with setting the corresponding WC number to one lower than the actual slot number in my game however, just coincidence I guess.

But as I said, I've tried this on my Platinum, and although it said on one WC that I had already received that gift before, the man still gave me the gift. So I don't know what's causing this, but I'll try to take a look.

Grtzz!!

EDIT:

To refer back what I said about registered ID checks and such.

With some tests I've done myself I figured out that the text "You have already received this gift before." has also something to do with these registered IDs.

I don't know if this will prevent the man in the Poké Mart showing up and giving you the gift though.

Sorry about that!

Edited by Grovyle91

You're right on this one. I've tried something out on my Platinum. Setting the Gifts and Wonder Cards correctly will sometimes cause the Wonder Card show up as "You have already received this gift before."

This has nothing to do with setting the corresponding WC number to one lower than the actual slot number in my game however, just coincidence I guess.

But as I said, I've tried this on my Platinum, and although it said on one WC that I had already received that gift before, the man still gave me the gift. So I don't know what's causing this, but I'll try to take a look.

Grtzz!!

EDIT:

To refer back what I said about registered ID checks and such.

With some tests I've done myself I figured out that the text "You have already received this gift before." has also something to do with these registered IDs.

I don't know if this will prevent the man in the Poké Mart showing up and giving you the gift though.

Sorry about that!

Yeah, that might be that.

I'm gonna try and get the Wondercard without actually putting in the ID, then see if the ID gets added once I pick the item up.

Having the ID set in the Mystery Gift won't prevent us from picking up the gift, since the ID isn't recorded in the PGT file.

You can now download version 1.4 bèta! This version includes Action Replay export and an improved Wonder Card Previewer (thanks to Kazumi!). The AR export is very extensive in my opinion, so be sure to check this out if you use Action Replay (it is, however, still experimental since I don't use it, hence the bèta). The previewer must be exactly as in-game now, also, I added the Korean support and unofficially Dutch as well (since it's my native language).

More in this version: feature to create a Gift from a Wonder Card, some GUI changes, HGSS exclusive items changes (to its English equalivant), a bug fix from v1.3 and more (see the changelog).

Changelog

Version 1.4 (February 6, 2010)

• Added experimental Action Replay DS Code export support
  • Changed the Pokemon fonts to kazumi's
  • Wonder Cards should now be exactly the same as in-game (thanks to kazumi)
  • Added the feature to create a Gift from a Wonder Card
  • Added Korean and Dutch (unofficial) language support for the Wonder Card Previewer
  • Added keyboard shortcuts for the Wonder Card Previewer
  • You can now drop PGT and PCD files on the window as well, the program will ask if you want to overwrite the current Gift/WC
  • Changed the numeric controls to dropdown boxes where you can select the current Gift and/or Wonder Card
  • Raised the maximum value of the Wonder Card IDs up to 2046 since this is supported in the save file
  • Moved the character table inside the code
  • Changed some HGSS exclusive items to it's English equalivant, according to Serebii.net
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the checkbox for active Gift/WC in DP save files from working correctly

Grtzz!!

Added the feature to create a Gift from a Wonder Card i see some bugs with this one can you find a way to fix this? here's what it shows 2000 0 0 for the date and Place None & Hatched at Fullmoon island is there any way to fix this problem? It should have a date selector with nature selector & a date selector with fixed nature characteristic selector and they should show location 'Pokemon Event' also with a Random IV Generator. Can you please fix this issue?

Grovyle is it possible to load a PCD into this program without loading a save file first? If it is, I seem to be missing it. If not, that would be a nice feature IMO, because I oftentimes just want to see what a PCD looks like. This would be especially handy for Japanese and Korean cards where my other options for viewing them are limited.

Added the feature to create a Gift from a Wonder Card i see some bugs with this one can you find a way to fix this? here's what it shows 2000 0 0 for the date and Place None & Hatched at Fullmoon island is there any way to fix this problem? It should have a date selector with nature selector & a date selector with fixed nature characteristic selector and they should show location 'Pokemon Event' also with a Random IV Generator. Can you please fix this issue?

That's normal.

Grovyle is it possible to load a PCD into this program without loading a save file first? If it is, I seem to be missing it. If not, that would be a nice feature IMO, because I oftentimes just want to see what a PCD looks like. This would be especially handy for Japanese and Korean cards where my other options for viewing them are limited.

Save file mode. ;)

And by the way, my Diamond save file won't work with the editor.

It says it's not a Pokémon save file. Pokésav reads it fine, though.

I ripped it directly from my game using the NDS backup tool 3in1.

Pingouin, thanks for answering those questions ;) but I will tell some more about it :)

TE, the feature to change a Pokémon is not fully supported yet. Keep that in mind, I need more time to finish this. Please goto another program to create a PKM and import it in this program.

Poryhack, what Pingouin says, the button top right will show the current mode, just change it from "Save file mode" to "MG mode". It has been there since version 1.1 or so...? :P Maybe I need to think how this can be done better.

Keisuke, the only evidence you will create, is that you change something that isn't possible normally, like the sharing feature or changing the game redistribution flags. Or, if you create a whole new card, that new card, because it's not legal and it isn't an event officially.

Uhm... Pingouin, I guess I need to take a look at the save file. I cannot reproduce it because I only have 1 NDS and no bought cartridges (only ROMs). My Diamond loads fine, but it's a save file directly created from the ROM. Does it load in earlier versions?

Grtzz!!

Edited by Grovyle91
codemonkey had to be poryhack... xD

Version 1.4 bèta 2 is out! This version contains fixes of the bugs which occured in the previous bèta. Have fun!

Changelog

Version 1.4 bèta 2 (February 14, 2010)

• Fixed the corrupted PNG export in the WC Previewer which occurred on some computers
  • The textboxes Card Title/Comment are wider now so that everything in it is visible now
  • Some other controls are wider now as well to compensate the old Win98 look
  • Fixed Korean character mapping in the WC Previewer
  • Fixed Pokémon icon positions in the WC Previewer

I'll try to transform the WinForms I use now to WPF. WPF has some advantages, however it will take some time to create it.

Grtzz!!

Well... It's the old Windows Classic theme in every Windows OS since Windows 95, but I call it the Win98 look. Personally I hate that theme..... Win7 ftw! :P

The text in some boxes weren't displayed properly. So that's why.

I've also seen that with this theme the buttons are transparant... actually it's my fault as the background color setting is set to transparant, but I haven't guessed that someone was still using this theme. Clearly some still do.

However, when I've finished the new GUI everything will be better hopefully. It will only take some time until it's done though...

Although WPF has some advantages, it also has its disadvantages, like missing some controls which I do need. I'm able to style every control though :) which can be handy sometimes. Most important: I can set any background to an alpha transparancy, so I'm able to make a control semi-transparant so that the text on it is more readable with the background enabled.

Grtzz!!

fenzo wanted me to report that there is an error in your program. He says the PID is correct, but the nature displayed from it is not. If you need additional information contact him at fenzo666/AT\gmail.com.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that something's wrong with the PKM editing, it's not fully completed yet... Now I'm focussing on changing the GUI first, then I'll develop the editing further.

And I need to say that the GUI will take some more time than I expected. I'm not sure what the best GUI is. Maybe I'll add support for loading a whole folder with PCDs and PGTs, but I don't know how to do this yet.

Grtzz!!

One thing I've been wondering about the distribution version flags... is there some other part of the PCD that has some control over this as well?

I ask because some of the wonder cards I've looked at are able to be sent to versions that their flag shouldn't support. All the Battle Revolution items and gift Pokemon use 000C, but they can still be sent over to a Platinum game. The wonder cards for Darkrai and Riolu from Pokemon Ranger 2 have 800C (which should be D/P/Hg, I think) yet those can also go to Platinum as far as I'm aware.

I try the AR codes on my Retail Jappaness SoulSilver and they did not work also try them on my other Retail games and they also did not work

As far as I know the AR codes are the same as Pokesav. I don't know much about AR codes myself, but I'm convinced it should work. Are there more people having trouble with the codes?

One thing I've been wondering about the distribution version flags... is there some other part of the PCD that has some control over this as well?

I ask because some of the wonder cards I've looked at are able to be sent to versions that their flag shouldn't support. All the Battle Revolution items and gift Pokemon use 000C, but they can still be sent over to a Platinum game. The wonder cards for Darkrai and Riolu from Pokemon Ranger 2 have 800C (which should be D/P/Hg, I think) yet those can also go to Platinum as far as I'm aware.

Hmm... Mine Darkrai and Riolu from Ranger have strangly enough D/P/Pt/HG/SS support (0x801D).

I don't know, but it's strange indeed... These flags are only used by the distributions itself (like the distribution rom) and probably the redistribution too. But it's still strange...

Hmm... Mine Darkrai and Riolu from Ranger have strangly enough D/P/Pt/HG/SS support (0x801D).

I don't know, but it's strange indeed... These flags are only used by the distributions itself (like the distribution rom) and probably the redistribution too. But it's still strange...

It's strange the Ranger ones you've got would be different. Do the Battle Revolution WCs you've got also use 801D, or are they 000C like mine? The Wondercards I'm looking at are the ones I downloaded from this site back when it used to be Pokesav.org. Unfortunately those PBR and Ranger WCs aren't available anymore; at least not until the Event/WC download section is back up.

+

I don't have PBR so I don't know...

I only have the Ranger Darkrai somewhere in one of my back-up saves, but I'm certain that the Riolu was 0x801D as well.

Isn't it downloadable from the event contribution thread then?

Not the PBR and Ranger WCs, as far as I can see. They're not in the *.zip archive, anyway... I guess maybe because they're not technically "events". Hopefully they'll be up again when the download section comes back up with every wondercard.

Oh, and by the way, pkmdb was updated and now has all the recent events as well.

That's good; that site actually still has the Pikachu, Magmortar and Electivire from PBR; and their distribution flags are 000C like the ones I've got. They seem to work with Platinum, though, for some reason.