Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

I kinda wish someone would pick this project back up. As someone who's come particularly late to the custom gift 'mon party, this program is almost just the thing I needed. Unfortunately the problems come from incomplete Gen 5 support and the fact that you can't select if you want the Pokémon to be Shiny (it seems like when that was a feature, it was a Gen 4 only program).

Given that Gen V wondercard structure isn't too different from Gen VI,

I probably could do a simple custom editor, though it probably won't spoonfeed with abilities and stuff.

For the time being, you could just use a hex editor and write "02" to 0x37

...is that how to tell it to make something Shiny? There's probably some other flags that need to be checked that aren't visible either (my intention was to take the Pokémon I created here and somehow make a Wonder Card out of it, then maybe be able to come up with an AR Code that would be able to give me said Card on a retail cart.....since just about any other method of trying isn't working so far). The fact that you can't tell what attacks, Ball, or locations you're setting isn't too helpful either.

EDIT: And after trying to mess around with things myself, there are details that the Mystery Gift Editor won't lock into place no matter what I do (region of origin, because I want to make a Masuda Method-ready 'mon, still have no clue where the hex is to change to Shiny, and there seems to be issues with setting levels as well). Definitely not working how I hoped it would...

Edited by NekoSabrina

• 5 weeks later...

Omg, did I seriously remember my password?

Anyway, I'm pretty good at editing 4th Gen Wondercards, but I have a big problem with the "new" BW PMGE...

There's an option called "Redistribution", so I tried to set it on "5". (I was using a random save file with the Liberty Pass injected, I'm going to restart an original Pokémon White so I'd like to share the gift and catch Victini again)

But ingame I don't actually have a "Share" option, and I read that BW Mystery Cards aren't shareable... if it's true, I don't understand the meaning of the "Redistribution" option in the PMGE.

There's a way to share BW Wondercards? And if the answer is "yes", what I should do?

Hope to receive a reply soon! Thank you! :D

(Ps: I'm Italian, excuse me if I made some grammatical errors ^^")

Omg, did I seriously remember my password?

Anyway, I'm pretty good at editing 4th Gen Wondercards, but I have a big problem with the "new" BW PMGE...

There's an option called "Redistribution", so I tried to set it on "5". (I was using a random save file with the Liberty Pass injected, I'm going to restart an original Pokémon White so I'd like to share the gift and catch Victini again)

But ingame I don't actually have a "Share" option, and I read that BW Mystery Cards aren't shareable... if it's true, I don't understand the meaning of the "Redistribution" option in the PMGE.

There's a way to share BW Wondercards? And if the answer is "yes", what I should do?

Hope to receive a reply soon! Thank you! :D

(Ps: I'm Italian, excuse me if I made some grammatical errors ^^")

appears to be not shareable.

probably a left over function, as it was modified based of 4th gen wondercard editor.

Oh well if you have a flashcard then you can find the distribution cartridge rom online somewhere and just use that to distribute the wondercard.

Oh well if you have a flashcard then you can find the distribution cartridge rom online somewhere and just use that to distribute the wondercard.

Now that you mention that, I read somewhere that trading communities have ways to determine that the Wondercard comes from a distro rom and not the actual event. I wondered how was that possible, since you need to change the DS time so the distro rom works. Maybe they are referring to people who don't also change the time in the 2nd DS? I wonder how they claim to be able to tell, it should be the same as the official event...

They can't actually tell, they're just full of crap and using scare tactics to try and deter people from trading events that they got from them.

They rely on people who have no clue and will just blindly believe it.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I need a little help here.

I used export backup memory to convert my volt white save from .dsv to .sav but when I opened the file on MG Editor the message "Wrong File!" pops up stating "This is not a Pokemon save file!"

It worked for my Platinum save though but not for White/Volt White. Could there be a problem with the ROM?

Tried it on every version of MG Editor and still the same message pops up.

I also converted the file from .dsv to .sav using pokegen but still didn't work.

Cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

**EDIT**

NVM just found out I could get the mystery gift using pokegen lol

Edited by Arkadia

• 11 months later...

Hey, I have two questions:

1 - Where do I download version 1.4.2? The link provided in the first post only redirects me to this very topic, and I'm trying to edit a Platinum file, so 1.4.3 could lead to bugs.

2 - What do I do if I want to load DeSmuME save files? They are .DSV and when I try to open them (with 1.3), it says it has the incorrect size (even though it doesn't seem to be the case).

3 hours ago, Macaulyn said:

Hey, I have two questions:

1 - Where do I download version 1.4.2? The link provided in the first post only redirects me to this very topic, and I'm trying to edit a Platinum file, so 1.4.3 could lead to bugs.

2 - What do I do if I want to load DeSmuME save files? They are .DSV and when I try to open them (with 1.3), it says it has the incorrect size (even though it doesn't seem to be the case).

1.I've changed the link. You should find 1.4.2 there.

2. File, export battery file, then export them as sav.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 3:32 AM, theSLAYER said:

1.I've changed the link. You should find 1.4.2 there.

2. File, export battery file, then export them as sav.

Thank you, weirdly, it actually worked with the DSV file in 1.4.2, lol.

Edited by Macaulyn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So, I'm trying to remove the Shiny Lock on Generation 4 PCD Files and I've downloaded this program, loaded the Winter Celebi into it and clicked on Edit PKM since that's where I thought the lock would be stored in the program. But, I when I load into the Pokemon Editor, it doesn't show me the options but it does tell me that, "The PID or PV related values are disabled for your own safety." So, if anyone knows where the lock is located on the program, it would be greatly appreciated. (I am using V1.4 Beta 3)

Edit: Tried editing just the PGT Files in the program and still no option to remove the lock

Edited by RetroGallade

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...