Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Okay, so here's my problem. I downloaded 1.4.3 so that I could unlock events that have already past. I downloaded a pgf file for the Liberty Pass, loaded it in to PMGE and made sure everything looked good, then saved it to the root file of my flash card. I inserted it into my 3DS and booted up. I continued with my Pokemon White saved game, went into the Pokecenter and....nothing. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to activate the wonder cards/mystery gifts. It may be plain as day for some people, but I've read everything I can find and still can't figure it out. Am I supposed to have something else saved into my root file so that it will let the Mystery Gift be available to me? I just don't know. Please someone help and be nice! I'm new at this.

Okay, so here's my problem. I downloaded 1.4.3 so that I could unlock events that have already past. I downloaded a pgf file for the Liberty Pass, loaded it in to PMGE and made sure everything looked good, then saved it to the root file of my flash card. I inserted it into my 3DS and booted up. I continued with my Pokemon White saved game, went into the Pokecenter and....nothing. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to activate the wonder cards/mystery gifts. It may be plain as day for some people, but I've read everything I can find and still can't figure it out. Am I supposed to have something else saved into my root file so that it will let the Mystery Gift be available to me? I just don't know. Please someone help and be nice! I'm new at this.

Liberty Pass is a key item. Is it in your Key Items?

lol you have to insert it into your save file, not your flash cart. The game only reads what's in your save file.

PokeGen can open your save file and insert a wonder card (iirc PMGE does too)

Okay...but the instructions said to copy the pgf file into the root directory of the FLASH CARD. So if there is something different about inserting it into the file on the game, please let me know in detail because I do not understand

• 1 month later...

PMGE, unfortunately, keeps crashing on my PC; even before I start working, a dialog box appears with an error message ("string entered in incorrect format"). Between the constant crashing and the need to use hex values (not names) for some data, PMGE ran like an alpha version; I ended up removing it and using PikaEdit.

PMGE, unfortunately, keeps crashing on my PC; even before I start working, a dialog box appears with an error message ("string entered in incorrect format"). Between the constant crashing and the need to use hex values (not names) for some data, PMGE ran like an alpha version; I ended up removing it and using PikaEdit.

Are you properly extracting it from the zip? Also, which version of windows are you using?

• 1 month later...

Wow! Great to see Grovyle is back! I came back after a while to see how things have changed since I last visited the site. When I first tried this for my heartgold version, it was shortly after you replied before you were gone for a while. I started using this and successfully managed to get gen 4 events thanks to this software. I may not be able to draw or code, but I am thrilled to see this project up and running again. This definitely made my day. Thanks again for making this useful software. I cannot wait to see how it will look after you re-write it. I have been in college for the past 3 years so I know exactly what you mean about time management. Please take your time working on this. I'm sure just a bit more waiting can't hurt. I would also like to thank you for considering the user's point of view on using this program. I have used some programs for various games and software, and not many focus on how easy it is for the user to use. Granted as said before, anyone should have general computer knowledge on how to work with these programs. At the same time though it makes it easy for those who know a lot about computers but may not understand the GUI, etc.

Again welcome back. You have my full support on this among any other programs you may want to work on. So cheers! :grog:

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I downloaded the PMGE v1.4.3.0 Portable.zip, and it works perfectly. I re-created the "Celebi" Event Pokemon from Ilex Forest, and imported it to my HeartGold game, just to see if it would activate the "Celebi Time Travel Event" something I found is almost impossible to do with the "Box 1 Slot 1" AR code. To my surprise it worked! Great program, Grovyle91

• 2 weeks later...

i have just gotten the editor and so far i got most of it working only problem i am having is on the ribbons its giving me 2 ribbons instead of the 1 the second ribbon is called a Souvenir ribbon i need help with doing it so it keeps just the one Classic Ribbon

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope. Can't set shininess, natures, or any other stat from within PMGE (something PikaEdit Gen 4 used to allow). When I try, PMGE displays a message "Pokemon editing is disabled for the time being"; there's apparently no way to re-enable it. So I hope this problem disappears in the next release!

Nope. Can't set shininess, natures, or any other stat from within PMGE (something PikaEdit Gen 4 used to allow). When I try, PMGE displays a message "Pokemon editing is disabled for the time being"; there's apparently no way to re-enable it. So I hope this problem disappears in the next release!

The last update was almost 3 years ago.

You can always try older versions of programs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I kinda wish someone would pick this project back up. As someone who's come particularly late to the custom gift 'mon party, this program is almost just the thing I needed. Unfortunately the problems come from incomplete Gen 5 support and the fact that you can't select if you want the Pokémon to be Shiny (it seems like when that was a feature, it was a Gen 4 only program).