Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

^ It should be address 348 in Hex. Bump up the 00 accordingly and it should become share-able.

I think it would be wise to look around for other methods to sending Cards personally. There's ways to do that without needing to alter the Card at all.

^ It should be address 348 in Hex. Bump up the 00 accordingly and it should become share-able.

I think it would be wise to look around for other methods to sending Cards personally. There's ways to do that without needing to alter the Card at all.

I know of using an edited distribution rom, which is cool.. but I worry if I was to try that at a real event it would interrupt the proper event.

But if there's anything else I'll look into that..

Edit: Putting 348 didn't make share appear.. I probably did it wrong knowing me though.

Okaay.. um. Hopefully not going to come off as a total noob here. (Honestly if I am still getting it wrong it's probably time to just give up, but it's fun to try to learn.. lol..)

But.. am I wrong in thinking this is address 348,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10506630/Pictures/wondercardhex1.jpg

It's kind of off the edge of the file isn't it?

That's addresses in Decimal and you said in hex so probably not that one.. but address 348 in hex well..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10506630/Pictures/wondercardhex2.jpg

Even further out.

^ I have to apologize. I figured you meant and I assumed it was for Generation 4.

I'm not sure if you can redistribute Cards to a Friend on Generation 5... :S

Oops! Really sorry about that.. my bad. I can see I wasn't clear at all. Yeah it seems really awkward... I mean there's a redistribute option there in MGE but it doesn't seem to change anything, some hex changes but nothing is different in game.

There is a "Get Via Infrared" option in Mystery gift, which I assumed would be for getting them from friends... But perhaps not... I guess they possibly really decided not to include the option this time seeing as it was only ever used for one event in gen 4 and even then only for the Japanese one...

But it does tell you to point the console at the other persons game cart, which still makes me think friends.. why would they ever do an official event thing via IR.. unless it was some sort of prize? and they have to stop everyone being able to get it at the same time... I dunno..

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on when AR code generation will be available for this program for Black and White?

Been trying to use Pokesav Black/White to generate AR codes from Wonder Cards and the codes don't work.

Trying to get event pokes that I missed, and I don't have any way to edit the save file (all I have is an ARDSi)

Thanks

@phoenragon: Just use PokeGen, it's far better and with AR support.

Do you know of a tutorial for that? I've done stuff like this before but it's been a while

I've tried pokegen, and the game will actually load with the code activated (which gets me farther than pokesav) but the code still doesn't work.

If others have successfully used pokegen to do what I am trying to do, then I'm just missing a step or something (which is most likely the case)

Any help/pointing in the right direction will be appreciated. ^_^

Do you know of a tutorial for that? I've done stuff like this before but it's been a while

I've tried pokegen, and the game will actually load with the code activated (which gets me farther than pokesav) but the code still doesn't work.

If others have successfully used pokegen to do what I am trying to do, then I'm just missing a step or something (which is most likely the case)

Any help/pointing in the right direction will be appreciated. ^_^

First I suggest making sure you're on 3.0.3, as that is meant to have fixes for this..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to know it works for you. It worked for me as well. Like you said, the app is absolutely amazing. However, the maker of this handy app has gone MIA, so it may very well never be updated again. Thankfully though, PokeGen features this into it with AR / Mystery Gift support for your save files too. It is a great alternative in my opinion. I highly recommend it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It is really useful and great! But, what about B2/W2?

If the Black2/White2 wonder cards are the same format as the Black/White wonder cards, would the program NEED to be updated for it to support Black2/White2?

EDIT: I just opened the Genesect B2/W2 English Wonder Card and everything looks normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello from an old friend!

I noticed I still got replies on my old project in my email, though I didn't read them. I owe you all an apology for not keeping you up to date about my status and such. So for that, I apologize.

I hope you want to hear me out on this, so please read this post. You can skip a few parts you're not interested in, but since it has been 2½ years, surely I can take away a few minutes of your time? :P

I simply lost interest in keeping this application up to date, that's one reason. I lost interest in the main Pokémon games as well (even when I still was developing this program). The other one is, well... real-life can be such an ass sometimes... (when does it not?)

I needed to pass my exams in 2011 in order to be allowed to go to college. And since that had a higher priority, I left this project alone for a while in the hope I could return again someday (I believe it isn't the first time I left without saying anything).

Anyway... that's way in the past. I passed my exams thankfully. I'm studying Computer Engineering at the Delft University of Technology now, how ironic (and yes, I'm Dutch for those who hadn't noticed). I'm in the second year of my BSc and almost everything is going as well as I hoped it would be. The first year was easy, though I didn't pass Linear Algebra part 2 (the only course that's prevented me from getting the full 60 ECs). The main reason for being it an easy year overall, was because of me working on projects like this one. I learned a lot from it, though not everything. That's why I moved on to other small projects.

Okay... before I'm going to bore you with my life story, let's get on with the status update on this application I wanted to give you.

I noticed that my thread is still stickied and people are still posting in it, which gives me the impression people are still using it. Although I have to admit I have been offline for too long, so I don't know exactly how much interest there is anymore. Please let me know if there are still people who want to see this application have another boost.

This reminds me of someone asking me to release the source a long while ago. Short story, I rejected. The main reason was that I didn't know how to use version control properly (SourceForge was the leader in that time, and SVN isn't easy to use) and I didn't want to release the source right there and then without proper version control so that other people could contribute (that, and I thought the code was a mess, and now I'm sure of it, because it's 2½ years later and I've progressed far in software engineering).

I'm currently thinking of open sourcing this application as community based software development on GitHub, if people are still interested that is. Though I'm not sure if the current state of the application statisfies me or others, so maybe there will be a lot of refactoring before I may be able to release the next version. And I'm also not sure if I still need to develop in C#. .NET is a great framework, don't get me wrong, but it's only available for Windows. Of course, there's Mono for Linux and Mac I believe, but it's only for Windows Forms Applications, and for the sake of it I made this one in WPF ('cool animations and theming possibilities', I thought at that time, and you gotta admit, it does look cool :D), and I got almost flamed for it from Windows XP users as well, as it meant partly dropping support for that OS (it was 2010 I believe, why were there still people using that OS that was released in 2001? Thank god everyone uses Windows 7 now). Anyway, don't suggest moving to Java, just don't. On the other hand, C# is easy to learn and use, and there is a base right now, even if a lot of refactoring needs to be done. It depends how much interest there is and how much people want to contribute.

Long story short, if you want to give this application another boost, let me know by replying in this thread. And let me know if you want to help contributing on the source code too, for I will release it on GitHub iff (yes, iff, it means if and only if) there are people wanting to revive this application. Just don't get me wrong, there won't be a next version in the next weeks or months (maybe even never, I don't promise anything). Since I'm going to colleges, I haven't that much time left in comparison to I had before it.

Just one another note, I don't want some random people trying to contribute, I need people who have at least some knowledge of programming in C# (or another language, but you definitely need to be good at it, because it means rewriting everything) and GitHub. If you have a GitHub account and contributed something, post your account so I can be sure you have the skills.

One last disclaimer: I hope I still have the source code. I never throw something away without a reason, which is why I still have countless of useless projects in my Visual Studio folder since 2008 (and 40+ GB of documents, but I'm pretty sure there are some idiotic applications saving data to this folder as well...). I have seen the PMGE folder, but you'll never know.

For those of you interested in what kind of projects I was working on (skip this part otherwise): HexEditHelp for Pokesav (a tool for hex editing the Pokesav application for translations and such), Pokémon GTS Querier (a tool for querying the GTS servers, it shows more data then the game itself, never publicly released because you could get the PKM files, only given to some moderator/developer/administrator around here, can't remember who), SavSendReceive (thread can still be found on gbatemp.net I think, it's a wrapper around NetCat and NDS homebrew software for sending and receiving save files over WiFi, I think it supported real game carts, but I can't remember), PMD2textEDIT (an editor for PMD2 roms, helping me translating some of the Japanese text to the English ones before the English version released, also on gbatemp.net I think), a bot for some Steam games giveaway site (never publicly released for obvious reasons, I'm even not actively participating on that site anymore), an old school project on which I (with another person) got a 10 (which is an A+ in US terms I believe), some old school hacking tools, some old test projects, many old started but never finished projects.

So yeah, I've quite a history. Many of them were from before or around the time I developed PMGE. Currently I'm working on a Steam bot and a website around it for managing my private Minecraft server remotely through HTTP and Steam chat, but that's progressing slowly.

I might hear from you guys, or not. I hope the first one, since I was afraid of rage posts like "WHERE IS THE F*CKING DEVELOPER I WANT THIS SH*T UPDATED RIGHT NOW!", but since this is not the case I really hope I can restart the development after 2½ years. I put a lot of effort in it, and it showed, as it was quite popular at that time. And for the one hoping I was alright (Conri I believe), I am, and for the record here, I'm a 'he' :).

And yeah, I'm bad at organizing posts. If I say, "just one note" or "one last disclaimer", it doesn't necessarily mean you've almost reached the end of the post :P. So... long post is long, but you're almost done :) I promise.

Grtzz!!

Oh... for the people who have PM'ed me in the last 2½ years and are reading this: I haven't read them yet, and don't be so sure to get a response from me. It may not be relevant anymore.

Hey Grovyle91, glad to see you're still with us.

I for one am happy that you're 'back'. I understand how hectic Uni life can be (4 years Psychology Major + currently 2nd year teaching degree with 2 to go).

So anyways, there are still a few people interested in the program and whether or not it will be updated for Black/White 2 (I'm one of them). Even if you don't have the time, perhaps one of the other programmers on here can.

Anyways, glad to see you're still with us and good luck with classes.