Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

you don't have to, though. MGE detects desmume's native saves and can use/trim them as needed.

also, 1.4.3 only works for B/W even if that isn't noted anywhere. you need to use 1.4.2 for 4th gen and 1.4.3 for 5th gen. 1.4.3 can't save 4th gen saves, so you'll just end up screwed.

you're doing something very, very wrong if you can't open a B/W sav or a dsv in 1.4.3.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really new to this, I am trying to get the shiny event dogs and celebi on my game.

All there is is the PKM and PGT and I inputted them both in but there is no one at the PokeMart to give them and no wonder card either.

Does anyone know what the reason for this is?

(Please excuse my English, I am not very good with it)

Hello I would like to know if it's possible to send mistery cards to others in pokemon black and white by using pokemon mystery gift editor 1.4.3?

there is a button redistribution and how many you want to distribute but in the game , t don't understand because it's in japanese.

I would like to send liberty ticket card from R4 to real game as the event is over.

Thank you to help me

Hey, I'm messing around with Wonder Cards and Soul Silver. Chiefly, the Celebi and Legendary Dog events.

I can get the WonderCards into the game via AR no problem. However, the game says "You have already received this gift" or something, and then, when I load my save, the game kicks back to the opening screen, and Mystery Gift reverts to whatever it was before I entered the codes.

Now, I tried to get around this by making the code activated but R+ L. This seemed to work in that I can load the game with the Wonder Card still there. However, when I get into the game, the delivery man isn't there. So it would appear that I'm giving myself the Wonder Card, and the game is assuming that I've received the gift already, at least, that's what I've concluded.

Is there a different process involved in actually receiving the gift than in getting the Wonder Card? Any help would be appreciated.

In DeSmuME you export your save file as RAW.

File -> Export Backup Memory

You then have it as a .sav which works.

Nope, it doesn't work. Still showing "This is not a Pokemon save file!"

Edit: Sorry, I just had to post this. Save files. How do they work?

schowek01t.png

ok i solved the problem myself

the .dsv needs to be loaded into the converter then source format is R4 ".sav"

and target formet should be set to no$gba ".sav"

and the weird thing i found out is i don't have to convert it back to use it on desmume since it can read that last ".sav" but it will make a ".dsv" to store changes :P

Well, good that it works for you, because my PMGE still thinks this is not a Pokémon save....

THX!! :D

i downloaded the pokegen and i save it...and then i opened it with Pk mystery gift editor :D

THX :D

Good for you. Guess what message I get?

Okay. I tried almost every method possible. Online converts, offline converts, exporting memory, opening in pokegen and saving, both for 512 and 256 versions and NONE of them works. I either get "This is not a Pokemon save file", or the ridiculous message I posted before. I have no freaking idea why does this keep happening to me. Oh, and by the way, I cannot upload dsv saves for some reason.

b-pokemonb.zip

b-pokemonb.zip

Edited by piotr_mil

Sorry if this has been asked or posted somewhere in the previous 21 pages.

I just downloaded a copy PMGE 1.4.3 and had a few questions about the wonder cards.

I plan to use them with the Deoxyx Distribution Patcher to send the card to my retail SS cart.

I wonder if there is a list for the "Item","Rule","Seal","Accessory" and "Poketech App" Card types.

And whether the wonder card id matters if the wonder card is not to stay on the cart.

• 4 weeks later...

Black and White saves that don't have a new game started give an error saying it is not a pokemon save file. Unlike the older games, you do not have to start a new game to get wonder cards. I've attached black and white savs that have liberty ticket wonder cards only (no game) to show this.

5215 - Pokemon - White (DSi Enhanced) (J) - NoFile - Liberty Ticket - Victini.sav

5216 - Pokemon - Black (DSi Enhanced) (J) - NoFile - Liberty Ticket - Victini.sav

5215 - Pokemon - White (DSi Enhanced) (J) - NoFile - Liberty Ticket - Victini.sav

5216 - Pokemon - Black (DSi Enhanced) (J) - NoFile - Liberty Ticket - Victini.sav

Nope, it doesn't work. Still showing "This is not a Pokemon save file!"

Edit: Sorry, I just had to post this. Save files. How do they work?

schowek01t.png

Well, good that it works for you, because my PMGE still thinks this is not a Pokémon save....

Good for you. Guess what message I get?

Okay. I tried almost every method possible. Online converts, offline converts, exporting memory, opening in pokegen and saving, both for 512 and 256 versions and NONE of them works. I either get "This is not a Pokemon save file", or the ridiculous message I posted before. I have no freaking idea why does this keep happening to me. Oh, and by the way, I cannot upload dsv saves for some reason.

Did you ever get it to work? I tried Shuny's Web converter and it worked just fine. Opened it in pokesav and PMGE 1.4.3.

Try loading the DSV into Shunys and source should be Raw format .sav and then target format should be Raw format [force 512 kb] .sav.

Here's what I got from it in-case it still doesn't work or something.

b-pokemonb.sav

b-pokemonb.sav

Hi, need help with the program. I created my mystery gift and then tried to extract the code using AR code export. Loaded it into my game, pressed the activation keys and nothing happened. So I tried it again and checked my cards received and my wonder card was there, but it said there was no gift attached to it. I then tried using the pcd file and it gave me the pokemon, but no wondercard, so my question is, how do I get the wondercard and pokemon to appear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx alot

(p.s Great program Grovyle)

You're 100% sure you have the latest version?

I just downloaded your save file, loaded it in on DeSmuME, selected "export backup memory" then saved it to b-pokemonb.sav

I loaded it with PMGE, and guess what? It worked!

It even worked when I loaded the .dsv itself, without any sort of conversion.

BTW, your .dsv is 512Kb, when really, it should be 513Kb. is that normal?

I'm using UK version of Heart Gold bought from the shop. Any help massively appreciated.

I'd say use 1.4.2 for D/P/Pt/HG/SS right now. Also did you load both the PGT along with the PCD? A PCD is just the WonderCard by itself. No gift. You need the PGT in order to get the gift. So you need both of them if you want the Wondercard AND the gift you're getting. Once you do that then try making the AR code and see if it works.