PKHeX 21.04.06

ReignOfComputer

PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

Version 21.04.01 of PKHeX has been released, bringing legality updates (in particular new Gen 8 Overworld RNG checks), new editing features, and some fixes.

Version 21.04.06 of PKHeX was released few days after, adding egg move validation legality checks and other fixes and changes.

Change log:

21/04/06 - New Update:
 - Legality:
 - - Added: New Egg Move order validation logic. Yay inheritance legality checking! Thanks @Lusamine!
 - - Fixed: Ability Patched wild encounter slots no longer show as invalid if they have the curry mark. Thanks Irina!
 - - Changed: Smeargle is no longer allowed to know Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves in Gen6 (unreleased). Thanks @DaWoblefet!
 - Added: Gen2 Legendary Beast event flag resets. Thanks @CanoeHope, and @brianard52 / @Lusamine for testing!
 - Changed: The Event Flag editor logic for Gen2-7 has been rewritten, shouldn't notice any difference.
 - Changed: Hovering over a slot now shows the summary for 30+ seconds rather than 5 seconds, or until you move your mouse away.
 - Fixed: Gen3 saves no longer randomly corrupt when saving Misc Edits or Trainer Info. Thanks @Kermalis
 - Fixed: Gen3 saves no longer cause errors when opening some editors, and now load correctly. Thanks @AlamosIT, Sockcos!

21/04/01 - New Update:
 - Legality:
 - - Added: Generation 8 Overworld RNG seed legality. The wandering encounters have detectable origins!
 - - Updated: Mystery Gift & GO Legality encounter data.
 - - Changed: HOME gifts are now allowed with SID > 0.
 - - Changed: Updated Ribbon rules for Master Ribbon & non-mythical legends.
 - - Changed: Gen3 Shadow Pokémon now generate with correct shadow lock data.
 - - Fixed: Gen6/7 Form Argument values are now handled correctly. Thanks @Lusamine!
 - - Fixed: Gen3 ability bit mismatching rules for in-game trades have been fixed.
 - Added: Gen8 Affixed Ribbon/Mark can now be changed in the Ribbon Editor.
 - Added: Gen7 LGPE now shows Alolan form Height/Weight records in the Pokedex.
 - Added: Hovering over MGDB and Database slots now shows a summary of the data.
 - Added: Hovering over a box/party slot now shows some legality origins of the data.
 - Added: Bulk Legality analysis now flags duplicate HOME tracker values.
 - Added: Block Editor can now be used for gen5-7 saves to change more values directly.
 - Added: Gen3 battle video data can now be imported via drag-drop (no BV3 exporting currently via GUI).
 - Changed: Gen3 save files for RS/E/FRLG are now treated as separate classes.
 - Changed: Minor internal refactorings to improve performance.
 - Fixed: Gen6 event flags now are indexed correctly. You shouldn't notice any difference.
 - Fixed: PKM conversion from future -> Gen1/2 now retains IV proportions correctly.

Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

View full article

15 hours ago, UzielRav said:

Hey, in your next update, could you add an option where you can modify the hall of fame?

It is that my sister was playing with the date of my DS

You can use Hall of Fame Extractor to extract and modify your Hall of Fame data in Generation 4 games. 

• Teary-Eyed 1

On 4/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, mahler_iii said:

You can use Hall of Fame Extractor to extract and modify your Hall of Fame data in Generation 4 games. 

Yeah, but it doesn't work with gen 5 games. Also, it would be great to have all functionalities in one application.

42 minutes ago, Lt. Lynx said:

I have a problem with Black/White editing. Whenever I check the roamer as "captured" or "defeated", I can't change it back as "not roamed". Is there a way to uncheck it?

Can't you set it to Not roamed, then go back to the Route to trigger them. Does that not work?

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Can't you set it to Not roamed, then go back to the Route to trigger them. Does that not work?

The option of "not roamed" doesn't even show itself once "defeated" or "captured" is selected. I'm trying to say I can only choose "defeated" or "captured" in PKHeX, the option for "not captured" just vanishes.

Why is it when i successfully change the lvl of a Pokémon, the stats don’t grow with the lvl.. I gave +20lvls on a Pokémon but it’s still as weak as it was before I made the lvl change.. Pokémon sword on yuzu.

Would be very thankfull for an answer.

kind regards

I keep getting this error report and the program refuses to start. Apparently it has something to do with a fake save file?

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PKHeX.Core.FakeSaveFile' from assembly 'PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main..ctor()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.Main()
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean PKHeX.Core.Util.IsStringListCached(System.String, System.String[] ByRef)'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.WinFormsTranslator.GetTranslationFile(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.WinFormsTranslator.GetContext(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow..ctor(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow.ShowErrorDialog(String friendlyMessage, Exception ex, Boolean allowContinue)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.CurrentDomain_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)

1 minute ago, SwagKey said:

I keep getting this error report and the program refuses to start. Apparently it has something to do with a fake save file?

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PKHeX.Core.FakeSaveFile' from assembly 'PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main..ctor()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.Main()
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean PKHeX.Core.Util.IsStringListCached(System.String, System.String[] ByRef)'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.WinFormsTranslator.GetTranslationFile(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.WinFormsTranslator.GetContext(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow..ctor(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow.ShowErrorDialog(String friendlyMessage, Exception ex, Boolean allowContinue)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.CurrentDomain_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)

Stop using old DLL files with the latest releases.

• Like 1

I have a problem: My Emulator only gives me .SAVE Files, is there any way to convert them? I mean, I don't wanna restart on new Emulator now, I'm almost completed, can someone if .save will be unsuported, maybe copy my game state into another file type? Because I don't wanna lose everything. Please add .save Support1

14 minutes ago, SoYandereChanIs said:

I have a problem: My Emulator only gives me .SAVE Files, is there any way to convert them? I mean, I don't wanna restart on new Emulator now, I'm almost completed, can someone if .save will be unsuported, maybe copy my game state into another file type? Because I don't wanna lose everything. Please add .save Support1

Which emulator are you using?

Upload your save file, maybe its format isn't too different from a proper save file.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 6:48 PM, mahler_iii said:

but it doesn't work with the 5th generation :(

On 4/4/2021 at 2:06 AM, Lt. Lynx said:

Yeah, but it doesn't work with gen 5 games. Also, it would be great to have all functionalities in one application.

is there any way to be able to modify in the 5th generation?

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '1' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.SAV_Misc5.ChangeSlot(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=21.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
E:\PKHeX\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=zh-Hans, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_zh-Hans_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

PKHeX.Drawing, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

FeebasLocatorPlugin, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
E:\PKHeX\plugins\FeebasLocator.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=zh-Hans, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_zh-Hans_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

why?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, richmFTW said:

Once I updated to the version 210406b I'm getting legality problems on about 20% of my pokemon on the save file I was using with the previous version.  "Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch." I tried re-rolling the PID, making it shiny and non-shiny again and it still sticks.  Any work around for this error?  

Also, is there an updated legality checker download I can add on?  TIA

nevermind, got my answers through the discord.  ty again.

50 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

How does PKHEX work in Gen 8?
After Sun Moon i couldn't use it anymore because it's not more compatible to the switch (lite)

RIP

If your device has CFW, you can dump your save for PKHeX to work.

If you installed the modchip for your Switch lite, you can install CFW and use homebrew to dump the save.
Older Switch models don't need a modship, and can install CFW via a hardware exploit.

• 3 weeks later...