Unsupported file?

Wheeler

So i dumped my Crystal save from a dumper onto my pc just to test and it was fine, went onto visualboy and played with it and worked fine. then i save and try to open it on PKHex and it says that the save file is an unsupported size, can you please help me on how i can fix this?

Save file is linked bellow, Thanks : )

Pokemon Crystal.sav

49 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

So i dumped my Crystal save from a dumper onto my pc just to test and it was fine, went onto visualboy and played with it and worked fine. then i save and try to open it on PKHex and it says that the save file is an unsupported size, can you please help me on how i can fix this?

Save file is linked bellow, Thanks : )

Pokemon Crystal.sav 32.04 kB · 1 download

how did you transfer this file to your PC. The filesize is indeed incorrect.

37 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I used the flashboy dumper

Quick question: was this save dumped before you obtained a starter?   was this save dumped before you accessed any of the PC boxes?

image.png

I cut out the time stamp that Crystal uses, to acquire a correct sized save, but PKHeX still won't read it.

Using some hex editing trickery, I understand that you have received your starter. (I took a block of the party data, as referenced from here)
image.png
But presently it looks like not much progress has been made.

According to my tests on my end, you must have at least deposited one Pokemon into the PC, for PKHeX to recognize it.

47 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Quick question: was this save dumped before you obtained a starter?   was this save dumped before you accessed any of the PC boxes?

image.png

I cut out the time stamp that Crystal uses, to acquire a correct sized save, but PKHeX still won't read it.

Using some hex editing trickery, I understand that you have received your starter. (I took a block of the party data, as referenced from here)
image.png

According to my tests on my end, you must have at least deposited one Pokemon into the PC, for PKHeX to recognize it.

Great ill try that now, thanks : )

47 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

image.png

image.png

just tried it and same resault?

Pokemon Crystal.sav

50 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Okay, using your words to hopefully help explain what I mean:

This, but not a save edited by PKHeX.
Instead, an unedited save.

ill give it a go

50 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Okay, using your words to hopefully help explain what I mean:

This, but not a save edited by PKHeX.
Instead, an unedited save.

yeah just tried with it being unedited and having a pokemon in the pc and still no luck : (

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

if writing back an unedited save into your cart causes an issue, that means the problem is with your writer. I don't have a solution for that.

i also have this save file from my brothers yellow version from the late 90s and when i open it onto an emulator it just says new game, it also has the unsupported file size, could you please take a look at this? : )

Pokemon Yellow.sav

9 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

i also have this save file from my brothers yellow version from the late 90s and when i open it onto an emulator it just says new game, it also has the unsupported file size, could you please take a look at this? : )

Pokemon Yellow.sav 32 kB · 0 downloads

Doesn't contain real data.
image.png

All 0xFFs all the way.

Either wasn't dumped right, or the cart is fake.