Virtual Console Mew flagged as Legal no matter what the met level is

ranqt

Not sure if it's working as intended, but I downloaded the VC Mew from here (there were two files, one redirecting to another, but basically the same thing) and when I changed the met level (just for test) I got no Illegal warning.

Again I'm not sure if it's something that needs a fix but well I attach the files, maybe you can check it better!

Greetings

original.pk7 100.pk7

Yes, it's working as intended.

On the PK7, the Met level of any VC mon, is dependent on the level it was transferred as.
So if you transferred the Mew at lv 100, the met level on the pk7 is lv 100.

It only becomes an issue if the met level is below the level the event was distributed at. (tho in that case PKHeX flags it, so also working as intended).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yes, it's working as intended.

On the PK7, the Met level of any VC mon, is dependent on the level it was transferred as.
So if you transferred the Mew at lv 100, the met level on the pk7 is lv 100.

It only becomes an issue if the met level is below the level the event was distributed at. (tho in that case PKHeX flags it, so also working as intended).

I believe there is an error, though: if Met Level is 100, the Nature should always be the same (since it's based on current EXP and there's only one possible value for EXP at Level 100 for each species). PKHeX doesn't seem to be checking for this edge case.

1 minute ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

I believe there is an error, though: if Met Level is 100, the Nature should always be the same (since it's based on current EXP and there's only one possible value for EXP at Level 100 for each species). PKHeX doesn't seem to be checking for this edge case.

Yeah the whole met level 100 having a set nature thing would be an issue, but that isn't the issue discussed by the OP at all.

Since you've identified that as an issue, raise the issue for it on PKHeX's Github, thanks :3

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Yeah the whole met level 100 having a set nature thing would be an issue, but that isn't the issue discussed by the OP at all.

Since you've identified that as an issue, raise the issue for it on PKHeX's Github, thanks :3

Of course, the thought just crossed my mind. I'll do it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Just tested this out myself before posting. Working as intended. OP was just extremely lucky that a clean Level 5 and a Level 100 one would have the same Nature. My bad.

• Like 1

Uhm I downloaded from here

And it's Timid by default, but even if I change the Nature and boost it up to level 100, the exp is still "1059860". Now maybe I have some confusion in my head and I read that different Nature = different exp on VC, but well in few words, I can mess around with Nature and Level from that specific .pk7, and it will still be legal, and the exp won't change.