Corrupted save file.. possible to save?

astraeaa

Good day!

on my home brew twilight menu app I usually access  Pokémon black 2, but I pressed (select) and it took me into the ds menu for game selection and I choose Pokémon black 2 ..cos I thought well why not?

Not even knowing it would suddenly save over my actual save file on my sd card .. ditto -.- how do I like.. salvage it or re create it?

as well, I noticed my Pokémon are still there cos I checked In PKHex :)

~~~~~~~~~~

skip this  section below it’s my old question 🙈

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! lost save file issue, if it’s possible to check out and see if it’s salvageable ..? Would appreciate greatly 

Bought my 3ds already modded.. I didn’t realize it till after so im clueless as too why I had so many diff menus

ds menu:

[empty cartridge button]
[empty button] [download+play]
[Pokemon Black 2]  <-- [taps this thinkings its just another way into the game lmao ....] (slap)

and.. it starts.. with " creating save file",

I am all like,  "WHAT?" 

Conclusion:

i just beat 5th gym and had very good pokemansz ;-; I checked my sav game file and i saw all my pokemansz too! Just don't know how to gone after that.. I tried eto catch every pokemon, didn't do that as a kid, so.. the thought of re doing it makes me wanna.. I just can't do it again.. but I want too, I AM TORN ~~~ 

SO here's  the save file! I don't know if  you are able to aid, I am in no rush..

Thanks again!

black2.sav

Edited by astraeaa
Short and sweet is better than confusing ehe

• astraeaa changed the title to Corrupted save file.. possible to save?
1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Your long winded story lost me.

Basically, you overwrote your save with a DS menu right? Thus, nothing here are the mons you once had, correct?

Yes , the ds menu overwrote my game. In which I feel so dense for doing. The base file plus the new file are the same size. 512kb  so that threw me off

yet when I load up my first original save after the corruption in pokegen or PKHex I see my mons and their stats ;-; and such...

but what of my progress to passing the fifth pokemon gym?

Thanks again for reply :3

Edited by astraeaa
Typo

7 hours ago, astraeaa said:

Yes , the ds menu overwrote my game. In which I feel so dense for doing. The base file plus the new file are the same size. 512kb  so that threw me off

yet when I load up my first original save after the corruption in pokegen or PKHex I see my mons and their stats ;-; and such...

but what of my progress to passing the fifth pokemon gym?

Thanks again for reply :3

If the save was overwritten by the DS Menu, I doubt that any data remains. We can't perform magic; that data needs to be there, in order for it to be retrieved.

Here are the two extracted 2 blocks of your save, to be used with PKHeX, and they look identical.

test3.sav test4.sav

(Most Pokemon games have a main save and a backup save. For B2W2, Read about it here)

edit: If these are supposedly your Pokemon, it's no different from loading your save directly into PKHeX.
If for some reason you don't see the mons in-game, make sure you associate the save with the game. I don't know the menu, you gotta figure that out on your own.

Based on the name of your save, I feel you might be using a flashcart, and pirating the game.
We can render no further assistance if you're pirating the game.

• Thanks 1

yes I have read..-bow- I will attempt this 🙈 thank you kindly and now I shall never touch that menu ever again 😭😂

thank you for taking the time to try what you are able within the proper restrictions.. I’ll try what I can! 

Edited by astraeaa
Replying to edit