Altering Cave Alternative Spawn Legality

Lazer149

Yeah, remember Altering cave in FRLG and Emerald? Well, I decided to have fun modifying spawn in there. All is good. Except when I open the battery file in PKHEX, which verifies the Pokémon as legal despite originating from an unreleased event. Is this intentional, or am I just being stupid? I haven't touched the mons at all. Ah, and they're all from Fire Red's Altering Cave. I hope this is the right forum for this.

228 - HOUNDOUR - 7A96AA4EA34A.pk3 235 - SMEARGLE - 2585FE115348.pk3 190 - AIPOM - 59A91C0DDB3D.pk3

2 minutes ago, Lazer149 said:

Yeah, remember Altering cave in FRLG and Emerald? Well, I decided to have fun modifying spawn in there. All is good. Except when I open the battery file in PKHEX, which verifies the Pokémon as legal despite originating from an unreleased event. Is this intentional, or am I just being stupid? I haven't touched the mons at all. Ah, and they're all from Fire Red's Altering Cave. I hope this is the right forum for this.

228 - HOUNDOUR - 7A96AA4EA34A.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 235 - SMEARGLE - 2585FE115348.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 190 - AIPOM - 59A91C0DDB3D.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads

@Kaphotics I believe these shouldn't be legal in Gen 3. If they were hatched there, it's a different story, but their met levels are at encountered levels.
IIRC, Altering Cave event was never made available to the public?

Yeah, that's right. They show up as legal. That's why I made the post and stuff. Altering cave modifiers were never used in any event.

24 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kaphotics I believe these shouldn't be legal in Gen 3. If they were hatched there, it's a different story, but their met levels are at encountered levels.
IIRC, Altering Cave event was never made available to the public?