Black screen save file - Pokemon Emerald

dezno

Hi, I was playing emerald on OpenEmu. After enabling some cheats for getting the event tickets, when I left the room I was in the screen went completely black. I'm dumb enough to not have saved ingame for a long time, I've only been using save states.. Appreciate any help but it's looking dark. (literally) :^)

ScreenShot State Info.plist

10 minutes ago, dezno said:

Hi, I was playing emerald on OpenEmu. After enabling some cheats for getting the event tickets, when I left the room I was in the screen went completely black. I'm dumb enough to not have saved ingame for a long time, I've only been using save states.. Appreciate any help but it's looking dark. (literally) :^)

ScreenShot 2.13 kB · 1 download State 388 kB · 0 downloads Info.plist 526 B · 0 downloads

are you able to in game save in the black room?

If not, the next thing is performing a RAM dump, and grabbing the data out of the RAM that can work as a save.

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

are you able to in game save in the black room?

If not, the next thing is performing a RAM dump, and grabbing the data out of the RAM that can work as a save.

The room isn't black, the whole screen is black. Music is playing so the game is running, but I don't hear the sound of the menu when i hit Start... :(

How do I go about performing a RAM dump?

41 minutes ago, dezno said:

The room isn't black, the whole screen is black. Music is playing so the game is running, but I don't hear the sound of the menu when i hit Start... :(

How do I go about performing a RAM dump?

I am not familiar with your emulator, try looking at the name of the options. Other names include memory dump.
Basically, look for a name that is relating to backing up or dumping memory/RAM.

Given that the entire screen is black, I'm unsure that a ram dump will allow it to be playable. Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I have a few ideas, provided we can get the RAM dump.

1 minute ago, Poke J said:

@theSLAYEReven if the RAM doesn’t yield a playable game it seems that in gen 3 RAM all Pokémon are loaded in at all times. So if all else fails there is a high chance of recovering the Pokémon.

well I was initially planning that if the worst scenario occurs, I'll just stitch the data together with a playable save, and hopefully that'll work.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I am not familiar with your emulator, try looking at the name of the options. Other names include memory dump.
Basically, look for a name that is relating to backing up or dumping memory/RAM.

Given that the entire screen is black, I'm unsure that a ram dump will allow it to be playable. Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I have a few ideas, provided we can get the RAM dump.

Sadly I can't seem to find any option that resembles this :/ 

Then I doubt there's anything anyone can do. We need either the save or the memory to even consider doing anything.

All those files you've sent earlier would not help.
(and for the record, before you think about sending the ROM, that won't help either, and it's against our rules).

Either replay the game, or try to use some cheat codes (I don't know what, you gotta search that yourself) that can perhaps get you to a playable state. If your game can enter a playable state, you could at least try to fly or dig or escape rope.