Fully implementing the walking Pokémon mechanic in Pokémon Platinum

COrNotToC

The developers of the Pokémon games fully implemented the walking Pokémon mechanic in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver for all 493 Pokémon in Generation 4's National Pokédex. In these games, the Pokémon that is in the first slot of your party will follow you in the overworld almost everywhere.

The walking Pokémon mechanic appears to have been tested in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. In these games, the player is able to take one Pokémon from a very restricted list for a walk in Amity Square only, which is located north of Hearthome City. Therefore, the walking Pokémon mechanic has been implemented to a limited extent in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. We should only be focusing on Pokémon Platinum because it is the definitive Sinnoh experience.

I desperately want the walking Pokémon mechanic to be fully implemented in Pokémon Platinum for all 493 Pokémon in Generation 4's National Pokédex in the same way that it has been fully implemented in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. It surely should be possible to do this by now. Tools should be available by now that allow this to be done.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You are a legend, mikelan98! Thank you very much for doing this.

I am a huge fan of Perfect Platinum because it keeps Platinum intact and makes all 493 Pokémon available. I have successfully completed the National Pokédex in this ROM hack.

Following Platinum also keeps Platinum intact.

Please combine Perfect Platinum - Challenger's Edition and Following Platinum.

https://pokehacking.com/fangames/following-platinum/

Edited by COrNotToC

• 3 weeks later...