If I transfer a save from regular Crystal cart to VC, can I still get Celebi?

WraithTDK

Greetings fine people! I'm currently playing my way through the Pokemon series. My rough plan is to play the games on Retroarch (because I loves me some achievements, then transfer my saves to my physical cartridges (I've got the necessary adapters and software), and to transfer the Gen 1 & 2 saves to 3DS VC using Checkpoint and the save converter. 

I'm curious about one thing, however. It's my understanding that the VC version of Crystal allows for an end-game event in which you can capture Celebi; and that this event was present in the original Japanese version of the game, but not the American version. If I were to play the American version of the game in RA, then transfer the save to the VC version; would I still be able to trigger the event in VC? Would I need to set a flag in PKhex, or would it just naturally be available? Or would the save file being from the OG American version just screw me?

As always, thanks in advance.

Yes you can, the only thing you have to do to trigger the event unlock on the VC is to beat the E4 champion on the VC version, that is when the flag gets set.

You can beat the e4 except the champion on RA then save but you do have to battle the champion on the VC version. I assume a re-battle of the league would also trigger it but I'm only 97% sure on that if you already beat the league the first time.

1 minute ago, shadowofdarkness said:

Yes you can, the only thing you have to do to trigger the event unlock on the VC is to beat the E4 champion on the VC version, that is when the flag gets set.

You can beat the e4 except the champion on RA then save but you do have to battle the champion on the VC version. I assume a re-battle of the league would also trigger it but I'm only 97% sure on that if you already beat the league the first time.

Perfect. I can absolutely work with that. Thank you.