Need help replacing "main" file for Pokemon Ultra Moon with PKHeX.

RyLord

I want to replace my current Ultra Moon save with a 100% one (907 all shiny, I'm sure you've seen it), but I'm not sure how to do this. I can get all the Pokemon into the "main" file using the Load Boxes option from the Tools menu, but then I'm not sure what to do after that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 5:19 PM, GNSTCDRD said:

Load the boxes into your "main" file and then go ahead and export the SAV.

If you're using a modded 3DS and Checkpoint, go ahead and replace the "main" file that in the checkpoint folder with your new "main" file and then start up your 3DS, go to Checkpoint and under the option for Ultra Moon you're going to choose "Restore". It'll ask if you want to restore the save, say "yes" and then you're g2g.

When I try to replace the file, it says that the "disk is write-protected". What is this, and how do I fix it? Also, sorry for the late response.

14 minutes ago, RyLord said:

When I try to replace the file, it says that the "disk is write-protected". What is this, and how do I fix it? Also, sorry for the late response.

Export the file from PKHeX onto your Desktop.

Only then, replace the file on your SD card with a copy of the edited exported save. also make sure your SD's write protection is off.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Export the file from PKHeX onto your Desktop.

Only then, replace the file on your SD card with a copy of the edited exported save. also make sure your SD's write protection is off.

Ah, I got it now, thanks. *Now* the problem seems to be that either UM or Checkpoint isn't working, as when I restore the save, nothing changes in the game. I assume I've put a file in the wrong place or am executing it incorrectly, do you know what could be causing this?

15 minutes ago, RyLord said:

Ah, I got it now, thanks. *Now* the problem seems to be that either UM or Checkpoint isn't working, as when I restore the save, nothing changes in the game. I assume I've put a file in the wrong place or am executing it incorrectly, do you know what could be causing this?

It's either (a) you're not pasting the edited copy into Checkpoint's folder, or (b) you didn't export the edited save from PKHeX, or (c) you didn't restore the save correctly with Checkpoint.

Here's a few things to try:
(i) After you pasted the edited save into Checkpoint's folder, try loading it in PKHeX to check if the edits are there.
If it's not, it means you did not paste an edited save into the folder (a).
(ii) After you export the edited save from PKHeX onto your desktop, close PKHeX, then launch a fresh window of PKHeX, and load the edited save into it, to check if the edits are indeed there.
If it's not, it means you did not export the edited save correctly from PKHeX (b)
(iii) If you confirm it's not (a) or (b), then it's likely (c). Try restoring saves from past backups [that happens to be on your SD card], then load the game.

20 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It's either (a) you're not pasting the edited copy into Checkpoint's folder, or (b) you didn't export the edited save from PKHeX, or (c) you didn't restore the save correctly with Checkpoint.

Here's a few things to try:
(i) After you pasted the edited save into Checkpoint's folder, try loading it in PKHeX to check if the edits are there.
If it's not, it means you did not paste an edited save into the folder (a).
(ii) After you export the edited save from PKHeX onto your desktop, close PKHeX, then launch a fresh window of PKHeX, and load the edited save into it, to check if the edits are indeed there.
If it's not, it means you did not export the edited save correctly from PKHeX (b)
(iii) If you confirm it's not (a) or (b), then it's likely (c). Try restoring saves from past backups [that happens to be on your SD card], then load the game.

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I repeated the same steps (checking the save in PKHeX, restoring it again from Checkpoint), but it worked this time. Thanks for the help, and sorry this took so long.

Just now, RyLord said:

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I repeated the same steps (checking the save in PKHeX, restoring it again from Checkpoint), but it worked this time. Thanks for the help, and sorry this took so long.

No worries, as long as it works out. For future reference, you can also perform those checks in the future, before inserting your SD card back into your device :3