Old Sea Map in Pokemon Emerald US Version

GNSTCDRD

If I use PKHex to insert the Old Sea Map into my items bag will I be able to travel to Faraway Island or are there certain event flags I have to mark?

Also, can I do the same with the Aurora Ticket and the Eon Ticket in FRLG?

Edited by GNSTCDRD

you can get the old sea map in emerald but anything got there was unreleased and isnt ligal if trasnfured to newer gens (I.E. the mew obtained there, but if you want it to be ligal after capture change the languege of the mon to japanese and it should be fine)

you need to check the flags for the items to have them in your bag then check the flags to travel to the event islands

checking the items flags will not trigger the event both flags need to be checked to activate the event

Edited by SpringtraP-MasK
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SpringtraP-MasK said:

you can get the old sea map in emerald but anything got there was unreleased and isnt ligal if trasnfured to newer gens (I.E. the mew obtained there, but if you want it to be ligal after capture change the languege of the mon to japanese and it should be fine)

you need to check the flags for the items to have them in your bag then check the flags to travel to the event islands

checking the items flags will not trigger the event both flags need to be checked to activate the event

Thanks, yeah I really just wanted to visit the island to see it in game because I haven't before. i wasn't planning to transfer but if it's as simple as just changing the language maybe I will.

6 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Why would you do that? There's a much better and less sloppy way! :)

Thanks for this, though I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do with these links. I downloaded and put the plugin into it's folder, but I'm not sure how the other two links get me to where I want to go. I've never done any of the mystery gift things before. I'm using a US version of Emerald BTW, so I'm guessing I should use the Debug English Old Sea Map? I tried using the normal Japanese one and it wouldn't accept it, but PKHex did accept the debug. I don't have a debug rom however, so before I save I just want to make sure this won't corrupt my save or anything.

Edited by GNSTCDRD

@GNSTCDRD The Old Sea Map was only distributed in Japan, that's why we have only this one. As already mentioned a non-Japanese Mew caught in Emerald isn't legal, but if you still you want to do it anyways you can go with the debug Mystery Gift. It works exactly like an officially distributed Mystery Gift would do and it won't corrupt anything, it's just that the Wonder Card isn't that beautiful as it was made for debug. If you don't like the Card you can toss it in-game after you received the Old Sea Map.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mahler_iii said:

Not quite the same topic but something I've been looking around the forums to find out about. Is it possible to view Gen 3 wondercards in-game?

if you received them or injected them, yes.

you would need to have the wireless adapter attached to access the menu, though.

Also, if you wanna ask something, which context wise is not related to the topic on hand, start your own thread.