hack Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Alpha (2.0 Patch Notes, still under heavy development)

Alphadaemon

First of all I appreciate the games big text speedup second of all I wanted to be a male Pikachu but even though my stat screen shows a male icon my sprite is female?Just wondering if it's just because Hero is a special Pikachu or if something is off with my patching job?Enemy spawn rate in Beach Cave got abit out of hand but level grinding early isn't a bad thing.Will be beating this then playing it again once 3.0 is out. :)

Edit-Tested and working on Twilight Menu AND working on real hardware via flash cart with no hiccups so far!

Edited by Burningocean2012

8 minutes ago, Burningocean2012 said:

First of all I appreciate the games big text speedup second of all I wanted to be a male Pikachu but even though my stat screen shows a male icon my sprite is female?Just wondering if it's just because Hero is a special Pikachu or if something is off with my patching job?Enemy spawn rate in Beach Cave got abit out of hand but level grinding early isn't a bad thing.Will be beating this then playing it again once 3.0 is out. :)

Edit-Tested and working on Twilight Menu!

I highly recommand you to download SkyTemple and change the spawnrate from 5 to 12 if the spawning is too much for you

I'm aware of that issue and that's the main reason why I'm inves so much time in 2.0: I want the game to be for everyone

As for the sprites I removed the small gender differences to gain the possibility to add new sprites to the game. Since adding new entries easily wasn't possible at the time, I had to replace "useless" sprites

• Like 1

Sorry again to annoy you with a question. I did unlock the Jirachi dungeon in the end, but can you still go make a wish if you recruit him, or the chance is lost forever?

Amazing game as always, I love to try hard end game dungeons with different Pokémon 

On 4/18/2022 at 10:55 PM, Alphadaemon said:

Hey !

I may try that at some point, however it's not that high in my priority list as I need to rewrite the whole layout generation process to pull that off

FYI, I already tried my hand at adding a maze layout with Irdkwia's help (replicating Frag 1's maze) and I pulled that off successfully as shown down below

Other kinds of layout aren't planned, changing current properties for corridors isn't something I've ever seen being tried yet, kinda curious about the uses you can make of this idea ngl

Yeah I check how work the game editor, seems the only things you can do is playing with the layout generation but not the map itself when exploring. But I like the idea for more various layout.

2 hours ago, XiaomuThe Fox said:

Sorry again to annoy you with a question. I did unlock the Jirachi dungeon in the end, but can you still go make a wish if you recruit him, or the chance is lost forever?

Amazing game as always, I love to try hard end game dungeons with different Pokémon 

You can make a wish after you unlock Starglow Cavern, the wish is indefinitely repeatable afterwards

1 minute ago, Atoku said:

Yeah I check how work the game editor, seems the only things you can do is playing with the layout generation but not the map itself when exploring. But I like the idea for more various layout.

When you are able to code new layouts by hand, you can add new layouts to the game since 4 layouts are duplicates of another one. I already tried my hand at adding one and it worked

• 2 weeks later...

What a great hack rom, it seems as a new story of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, fairy types and even shinies ,and also we can choose the level of difficulty. I'm not native English speaker, I'd like to say more but I'll be waiting for your last release 2.0 will be finished

Really thanks for your great job🙂

Spoiler
Spoiler

On 5/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, Edimion said:

What a great hack rom, it seems as a new story of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, fairy types and even shinies ,and also we can choose the level of difficulty. I'm not native English speaker, I'd like to say more but I'll be waiting for your last release 2.0 will be finished

Really thanks for your great job🙂

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Thank you so much for the kind words ! The whole purpose of 2.0 is to step up the game to a point where everyone can play it without worrying about the game being too hard or lacking features

I hope it will fit your tastes too !

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1