Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Alpha (2.0 Patch Notes, still under heavy development)

Alphadaemon

15 hours ago, adonis said:

Is it  simple thing to change for a normie like me and what would I need to change 

Hmm not really. If you have Discord could you join SkyTemple's discord and dm me your save file from here ? (Mooooooooond 💫#0805) I'll change that for you 👀

6 hours ago, ABZB said:

Yeah :) The current version works for gens III-VII

Your scalemons patch inspired someone I know to implement this mode as an option to his game haha

• Like 1

• Alphadaemon changed the title to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Alpha (Last news: 9/19/2021)
  • 1 month later...

Is this compatible with the Sky Editor? I am changing the starters and the portraits for my two starters, but the editor doesnt seem to want to work with this patch, and im really inexperienced with this kind of stuff. i was able to get both to work individually. Do I need to patch a standard US version first, and then use the editor on the patched rom? 

3 hours ago, Roxas915 said:

Is this compatible with the Sky Editor? I am changing the starters and the portraits for my two starters, but the editor doesnt seem to want to work with this patch, and im really inexperienced with this kind of stuff. i was able to get both to work individually. Do I need to patch a standard US version first, and then use the editor on the patched rom? 

You can use SkyTemple for this purpose, it does exactly the same thing as SkyEditor but the process is no more tedious

Edited by Alphadaemon

7 hours ago, Alphadaemon said:

You can use SkyTemple for this purpose, it does exactly the same thing as SkyEditor but the process is no more tedious

got it to work, thanks for the help. skytemple looked a lot more daunting from the screen shots, but it actually feels much easier to use. 

do you have a timeframe for when version 1.3 might release? I would like to have fairy types added at the start of my playthrough, so I just wanna know if I should be patient for a while longer or if I should just go ahead and start playing without them. 

1 hour ago, Roxas915 said:

do you have a timeframe for when version 1.3 might release? I would like to have fairy types added at the start of my playthrough, so I just wanna know if I should be patient for a while longer or if I should just go ahead and start playing without them. 

You should definitely be patient ! The update is planned for fall 2021, and it's worth the wait I'd say !

Nice hack so far!

I've been messing around with the game and want to know how do you unlock Zero Isle Center, Worldcore and the other new Dungeons? Also how do I unlock Destiny Tower and get Arceus' Exclusive items? I tried making Drinks and Recycling, but that didn't work. I'm currently in the postgame right now.

EDIT: I managed to figure out how to unlock these.

Edited by mr ki

1 hour ago, mr ki said:

Is there a new way to recruit Phione, Heatran and Shaymin in this hack other than getting their shinies in Destiny Tower? I've already unlocked Marine Resort and I still haven't been able to recruit them.

In 1.2, Phione is recruited in Deep Miracle Sea in even floors (1, 3, 5F)
Heatran is recruited in Giant Volcano in even Floors after 30F (31, 33, 35, 37, 39F)
Shaymin is recruitable in Time-Leap Garden in the second last floor (I think it's 31F ?)
But in next version they no longer are available by this mean: Phione is available in Miracle Seabed once again, Heatran has his own new dungeon and Shaymin too.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, Alphadaemon said:

I'll showcase here my first PMD Hack: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Alpha! This hack is named after the Alpha Pokemon Arceus, and you got it: the crux of this hack is the implementation of Arceus in the game as the final battle. Already present in the game, but unused and lacking both sprites and portraits, I first wanted to add Arceus to the game. But that's not the main goal of this hack.
I've spent a lot of time in my childhood playing Explorers of Sky, grinding mons up to stats cap by hand, figuring out the game mechanics etc... But I felt like the game could be optimized and made harder, with more QoL features and Pokemon reworks like you could see in Drayano hacks.

8/15/2021:

1.3 is going well, though I'm currently working on some features for Alpha and it takes a lot of time to pull all of this out. 

What I'm trying to get working: Level-Scaling, an Egg-Move Tutor for Electivire and a casual mode for the game (that you can choose at the start, though I think it won't happen).
But for now here's 1.3 Patch Notes update !

Reveal hidden contents

QoL:
- you can now choose the starter you want as a player (credits go to Irdkwia for this patch)
- personality test is now skipped at the start
- added Post-Game Chapter Screens + Special Mission / Special Recruits Backgrounds
- updated Normal and Special Episodes icons
- finishing TM compatibility
- evolved starters have sleeping animations (requested in DMs)
- you can freely swap between Alternate Form and Origin Form on Giratina. For that you need to Maximize Giratina's IQ and go in Luminous Spring
- a new NPC in Spinda Café available after you unlock Marine Resort: Gliscor, trading S-Vitamins against money or other items
- added a new place: Passage of Time, permiting a revisit of Special Episodes dungeons along with a new dungeon
You can enter this place from Sharpedo Bluff exit after beating Darkrai
- Sharpedo Bluff's base warp lets you go to Crossroads, Beach, or Wigglytuff's guild, but you can chose to go to Sharpedo bluff
- Level-Experience boost now scales instead of being a constant between two level ranges. Level 1 has 0.1% recruit boost, Level 2 has 0.2% recruit boost, ..., and level 100 has 25.5% recruit boost. As a result, Kecleon is slightly easier to recruit !
- Rock Horn has been replaced by Drake Horn
- Golden Mask boosts recruitment rate up by 25%, Seven Treasures by 30%
- Amber Tear has been replaced by the Holy Lyre, granting a 100% recruitment boost

You can now experience challenges !
Here are all the challenges you can do:
- Glass Cannon: you deal tremendous damage but you are at 1 HP
- Recruit 'em All: recruitment rate is boosted, you also are given the Holy Lyre, granting a 100% Recruit Boost when held
- No Recruit: recruitment is disabled. You can turn this mode on/off
- Pacifist Challenge: you can't attack or use orbs but are able to endure any normal hit. You are given a specific bag with items everytime you enter a dungeon to win this challenge
- One-Item Challenge: you always have one-item bag.
- Solorun: self-explainatory... except you chose at the start of each dungeon if the one alone is leader or partner.
- Time Attack: you are poisoned when you enter a floor. As a result you have limited turns to finish a dungeon.
- Speedrun: a mode optimized for Speedrun ! You can chose between Classic and God Mode.
Classic will give you everything needed for you at the start.
God Mode is basically a mode where you are always under Mobile Scarf and double speed effect. You also see enemies, traps and items without any sort of help.

You can also select Game Options:
- you can enable or disable recruitment (anytime, recruitment is still disabled in story dungeons)
- you can enable Exp. Share or not (default amount is 50%)
- you can disable Alpha's anti-cheat so it doesn't remove items from your bag if you cheated them

Pokemon-related changes:
- added a Darkrai rematch in Dark Crater, giving Primal Dialga's, Primal Palkia's and Antagonist Darkrai's exclusive items as a reward
- added a reward for Special Episode 5 completion: Partner Grovyle's, Antagonist Dusknoir's and Shiny Celebi's exclusive items
- implementation of Fairy-Type, Fairy Gummi and Fairy Type-Relationships (credits go to Irdkwia), Fairy-exclusive items
- addition of Fairy-Exclusive items and typings updated. Ninetales, Meganium, Bellossom, Illumise, Swablu, Altaria, Absol, Mismagius, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and Cresselia are now half Fairy-Type Pokemon
- addition of Sylveon, being recruitable in Hidden Highland, Happy Outlook, and Starglow Cavern. Sylveon has an exclusive item being Sparkly Collar, which recovers HP when Sylveon is hit by Steel Type moves
- Alolan-Vulpix and Alolan-Ninetales are playable, have an actual sprite (credits go to NeroIntruder for the sprite and Audino for the tool), exclusive items, and so on
- Alolan-Vulpix is now an option as a starter
- removing Defender and Aggressor from S IQ Group
- adding Alpha IQ Group for Arceus
- Nidoking-line, Dewgong-line, Blissey-line, Pelipper-line, Plusle, Minun, Roserade-line, Wailord-line, Lunatone no longer have this infinite PP recovery exclusive-item thingy (credits go to Nightingale for pointing this out)
- Changed Ice Sash, now halving damage taken from Special Hits, and Steel Sash, now having a chance to reflect status moves back to the user

Moves changes:
- move fixes
FIXES: Growth, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Synthesis, Tail Glow
- following move fixes come new moves
NEW MOVES: Sludge Wave, Quiver Dance, Psystrike, Coil, Low Sweep, Scald, Shell Smash, Volt Switch, Bulldoze, Work Up, Drill Run, Dual Chop, Snarl, Hurricane, Mystical Fire, Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent, High Horsepower, Breaking Swipe, Flip Turn, Dual Wingbeat, Scorching Sands, Hex, Triple Axel, Electro Ball, Psychic Fangs, Liquidation, Body Press, Mind Crush (being Psychic special counterpart of Body Press), Power-Up Punch, Petal Blizzard, Icicle Crash, Electroweb
- following Fairy-Type implementation come fairy moves. Move being Fairy-type since Gen VI are updated to be Fairy-Type:
FAIRY MOVES: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Play Rough, Sparkly Wind (Silver Wind but Fairy-type), Moon Slash (physical High crit rate Fairy-move)
Note: Dazzling Gleam is a TM aswell
- another new move has been implemented as a TM:
Lucky Draw is an universal TM which is a random stat boosting move (boosting either Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense by 1 stage), and has 1% chance of boosting all stats by 1 stage, speed included on top of that
- some usually useless moves were removed
Kinesis, Sharpen, Spider Web, Barrage, Vacuum-Cut are no longer in the game
- barring Lucky Draw, all these moves will be added to learnsets as either level-ups or egg moves
- other moves have a special effect depending on the user:
Crush Claw from Zangoose is guaranteed to lower the target's Defense
Poison Tail from Seviper is guaranteed to badly poison the target
Judgement has increased damages if the user has the Ability Multitype !
Arceus has access to a new move being Trinity Star, you'll see its effect ingame
- regular attack has now sure-hit accuracy. As a result Sure-Hit Attacker IQ Skill will be replaced
- new items: S-Vitamins, maximizing a pokemon stat (HP-Drink and Ginseng S exist aswell)
- Y-Ray Specs and Hunger Seeds are now banned from boss fights because of the unfair advantage they give to the player
- changed Exclusive Items: Stern Sash, Afire Collar, Barrier Bow, Friend Torc, Fairy Bow
- replaced some orbs effects

Dungeon changes:
- changed spawnrate from 5 to 12, increased initial enemy spawn in dungeon, allowed imperfect rooms to be generated in most dungeons
- removed Side Path, Rock Path and Forest Path from the game
- other new items include Heavenly Apple, replacing Mime Jr in Bazaar. This item is purely dungeon exclusive and will be removed after you leave a dungeon
- replaced some orb effects
- Zero Isle North proposes a new restriction: you're given a survival bag, and your goal is to finish the dungeon with it. At the end of the dungeon, you will keep the said bag.
- an emergency bag is available in Hidden Land dungeons and Spacial Rift/Dark Crater if you are defeated
- a new dungeon is available one time everytime you need to rescue yourself in Pelipper Island: Island of Salvation, where you can farm Exp, Reviver Seeds, etc (PS: maybe not in 1.3)

You get an Aura Boost raising your stats the first time you get to the Hidden Land. This aura boost lasts after you beat Dialga.

Bosses have more gimmicks ! You will see in 1.3 what that's all about ! But a small teaser: that's about new Field Effects and Aura Boost.

I hope you are excited for 1.3 Update !

6/18/2021:

It's been around 3 months I've been forced to take a pause of Alpha's development for several reasons, from lack of motivation to exhaustion about IRL problems, I had to take a pause.
Now that I found a better pace in my life, I can slowly but gently get back into business with Alpha, and following that, here are the news!
What's planned in 1.3 down below:

Reveal hidden contents

Check new patch notes posted 8/15/2021 !

Most of these features are finished, if you want to know what is still on the to do list to have an idea:

Reveal hidden contents

Added a new place: Passage of Time, permiting a revisit of Special Episodes dungeons along with a new dungeon (fixing flags when not on special episode side)
Removing Defender and Aggressor from S IQ Group
Adding Alpha IQ Group for Arceus
(both of these need me to dive in hex editing again, it'll be done late)
Roost (heals 1/3 HP at the cost of losing Flying-Type designation instead of healing flat 40 HP + losing the designation)

3/4/2021:

Before explaining the situation, huge shotouts to Irdkwia, End45 and techticks for their awesome work and for being that knowledgeable. Without them, the project I'm working on for 1.3 wouldn't have made this far!
I'm currently working on adding new moves to the game. I also updated some moves to reflect main series changes, and plan on modifying the way some moves work (like Roost, Morning Sun, Flare Blitz, etc...)

Thus no 1.2.1 version will be released, instead there will be a 1.3 with bugfixes, new TMs compatibility, new Exclusive Items, a way to obtain Corrupted Shield, Corrupted Sword, and Harbinger's Robe, new items like HP Max or Atk Max, eventually even more TMs, new NPCs like a Gliscor selling drugs vitamins like HP Max or Atk Max against $99,999...
I plan a lot for 1.3, and I hope you guys will enjoy it! Peace!

1.2 Patch Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

- Fixed IQ Group B not having Gap Prober for some reason
- Fixed a crash during Regice, Regirock, Registeel and Regigigas boss fights, as well as fixed Regigigas Chamber scripts sometimes throwing once again Team Charm's script even before a rematch
- Fixed legendary recruitment rate, especially for randomizer's sake
- Fixed Shiny legendary recruitment rate so you have theoretically 1% chance to recruit a shiny legendary at level 100
- Fixed Purple Kecleon recruitment rate
- Fixed Lapras cutscene graphical bug during scenario
- Fixed Destiny Tower unlock script
- Fixed Worldcore fixed rooms
- Fully fixed mission generation for World Abyss and Mt. Avalanche
- Enhanced some bosses movesets
- Enhanced some starter and niche pokemon movesets
- Player is now forced to use main leader and partner during post-game scenario dungeons
- Nerfed Agility, Tailwind, Rock Polish and Dragon Dance, now having way less PPs than before
- Nerfed Legendaries, no longer being an easy pick for Level reset dungeons, especially Zero Isle South
- Vanish Seed is now banned from Boss Fights, mainly because of being an unfair mechanic to use for boss fights
- Added a permanent shop accessible from Porygon2 at Spacial Rift Entrance, Hidden Land Entrance, and Shaymin Village
- Added new TMs, along with their compatibility
- Added a shiny system for gender-exclusive pokemon
- Growlithe and Magikarp evolution line, Glalie, Huntail are now male-only
- Ponyta and Feebas evolution line, Gardevoir, Gorebyss are now female-only
- Added Warp Seed to the list of farmable items in Beach Cave
- Revamped the UI
- Completely reworked Special Episodes 4 and 5, as well as some scenario cutscenes
- Exp. Share from Gates of Infinity is now in the game (credits go to Irdkwia)
- Complete Team Control patch is now in the game (credits go to Cipnit)
- Spawn rate has been changed from 6 to 5
- Text Speed is 4 times faster, in-dungeon camera transitions are now 3 times faster
- Allies can now step and activate unrevealed traps
- Fixed a couple of text strings
- Burn damage now occur every 10 turns
- All speed relative effects (both raises and drops) linger earlier
- Hotfix: fixed Dusk Forest Porygon2 sometimes crashing the game in Special Episode 5
- Hotflix: fixed Shaymin Village Porygon2 Shop

1.1 Patch Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

- Fixed post-Darkrai's script unlocking dungeons the wrong way
- Fixed Training Grounds and Worldcore being closed because of the way this script is built
- Edited Tower of Demise last floors (small fix, not a big issue)
- Fixed Arceus quest not setting some dungeons as OPEN_AND_REQUEST: Arceus quest can now be fullfilled!
- Gem Items are banned during story missions. If you try to bring them in dungeon anyway, they'll be removed from your inventory
- Fixed Mission Ranking: every dungeon including new ones now have the correct mission ranking, mission reward, and all this stuff. Also includes mission unlock fixes. (huge thanks to Irdkwia)
- You can no longer recruit Heatran and Phione before unlocking Marine Resort
Because of this fix, here are the main fixes that come to play:
- Mewtwo, Jirachi, and Suicune Challenge Letter behave the way I intended
- Mission Board unlocks and Spinda Juice Bar should unlock dungeons when I want them to be unlocked

1.0.1 and 1.0.2 Patch Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

- Fixed the bag shrinking after scenario events. As a result, new rewards were added during these events (mostly money).
- Fixed some dungeon issues: Dungeons supposed to be available later in the game are now prevented to be entered before it's intended. It's fixed in a way, but because of mission generation not being changed, a message mail will pop in case you're supposed to unlock the dungeon introducing about the issue
- Prevented Spinda Juice Bar from unlocking some dungeons before it's intended by me. A mail will tell you when you were supposed to unlock a dungeon
- Fixed Spinda Juice Bar softlocking the game in some circumstances
- Added a daily limit for Mazes before you beat Dialga, a daily limit for Final Maze before you beat Darkrai
- Fixed Ice/Ground Maze only having money on ground
- Mazes offer more gummies as you go deep in it. As a result, Mazes are made way harder, but offer more exp too
- Reworked Oran Forest (now named Nectar Forest): you can farm IQ in this dungeon daily, along with Dojo IQ farm
- Added a check so you can't cheat in order to unlock Destiny Tower early
- Fixed Spawn Rate being set to 3 instead of 6
- Changed Beach Cave so you can farm useful stuff in it easier
- Reworked Mt. Bristle layouts
- Fixed Chatot text strings in Foggy Forest Base Camp telling you about Kangaskhan Rock instead of Porygon 2
- Rebalanced Brine Cave Pit boss fight
- Fixed a bug where you can recruit in Hidden Land dungeons before post-Dialga
- Revamped Zapdos postgame fight
- Reworked Crevice Cave Statue now having options it's intended to have
- Nerfed Boss Recruits levels
- Intimidator IQ Skill is now 24% proc instead of 32%
- Fixed Future Sight and Doom Desire move descriptions being swapped, as well as Air Slash not being referenced as a Line of Sight move
- Fixed post-Dialga cutscene looping indefinitely
- Fixed starter movesets now being more diverse, and some starter bugs such as Shinx having Quick Attack twice
- Fixed Zero Isle North still having Key Rooms for Silk
- Nerfed Manaphy (now having Rain Dish instead of Swift Swim), and Support (no longer benefits from constant double speed Status)
- Changed titlescreen music
- Fixed Shadow Punch having incorrect Base Power and Thunder having a different reach than expected
- Reworked a couple of moves so they work as intended
- Reworked endgame dungeons
- Added a countermeasure to infinite Dojo farming when you have a story mission going on
- Fixed an issue where Aegis Cave loops indefinitely when the dungeon mode is not OPEN_AND_REQUEST

Here are the features this game has so far

Global dungeon related features:

- you can now change leader after graduation in a large majority of dungeons
- an increased spawn rate: in base games, an enemy spawns every 36 turns and a Kecleon spawns every 3 turns. Now an enemy spawns every 5 turns and a Kecleon spawns every turn.
- as a result you will have to face more enemies and use more moves: moves PP and move Accuracy have been increased for a large majority of them, some other deserved nerfs like Imprison or Teleport being great all around moves.
- along with Accuracy and PP fixes come what I'd call "AI Fixes" of Blizzard, Powder Snow and Ice Shard, not being handled correctly by the AI
- moves are updated so they behave like in Rescue Team DX or Super Mystery Dungeon in terms of range (Light Screen benefits to the whole team, Air Slash is a line of sight move)
- Gen 6+ Steel-Type
- recruitment rate is higher in dungeons
- post-credits Kecleon shops now feature all evolutionary items, including Sun Ribbon and Sun Stone
- Shiny System: now some gender-exclusive pokemon have a shiny form, working in a similar way as Strong Foes in RTDX during early main dungeons. Way stronger than normal, they have a low spawn rate and a very low recruitment rate, which as a result gives you 1/4000 chance to recruit a shiny without any recruitment boost applied

Pokemon related features:
- Pokemon having an hidden ability already present in Gen 4 now have this ability in some way. This include Drought Ninetales for instance, but doesn't include Unburden Sceptile for Balancing reasons
- gender dependant abilities
- Pokemon having a mega now have their mega typing (Normal/Fighting Lopunny or Grass/Dragon Sceptile). Other pokemons deserving a better typing are changed aswell, following some of Drayano hacks changes (Electric/Dark Luxray for instance)
- a large majority of Pokemons now have a moveset according to their Gen 8 movesets. It includes (but isn't limited to) Close Combat Lopunny, Brave Bird Ho-oh or Earth Power Venusaur. Other Pokemon having their types changed now learn stab moves more frequently (like Dragon Pulse Charizard as Level-up) or even learn new moves (like Bug Buzz Flygon)
- new TMs: Icy Wind, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, AncientPower, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Iron Head (1.2.1), Outrage, Seed Bomb (1.2.1), Signal Beam (1.2.1), Superpower (1.2.1), Zen Headbutt (1.2.1), Super Fang, Helping Hand, Hyper Voice, Low Kick, Megahorn, Close Combat, Aura Sphere, and Power Whip. Note that only a few are available in 1.2.0, but all will be available in 1.2.1 with a new NPC
- egg moves are now part of level up moves
- pokemon have a better stats curve/better base stats, so they are easier to grind for endgame dungeons (still need to implement stats curve for a large majority of final evolutions tho). That means as the game goes, pokemon are better all-around.
- experience buffs to some final evolved mons, to stick with the global level curve of the hack
- legendary Pokemon now have a shiny form with other abilities and better stats

QoL features:
- you start the game with a 48-Sized bag and 1000 slots in Storage
- your starting bag has a plethora of useful items
- GtI experience share, giving Standby Pokemon 50% the exp gain you get in dungeon (credits go to Irdkwia)
- Move Shortcuts, Disable Tips and Same Type Partner patches are included in this hack
- Beach Cave now allows the player to farm useful supplies quickly and easily, in order to prepare yourself for Scenario dungeons
- IQ gains are increased: Wonder Gummi gives +50 IQ, same type Gummies give +25, favored type Gummies give +16, neutral type Gummies give +9, unfavored type gummies give +4, Nectar gives +25
- Dojo Dungeons have a high replay ability, permiting an easier gummi farm for Type-Exclusive Mazes, and an easier vitamins farm for Final Maze
- though Mazes are restricted to one visit per day before you beat the game. The purpose of this change is mainly because of Gummies being present in here, virtually allowing a quick and infinite Stat boosts farm
- Juice Bar animation has been cut
- an Experience farming dungeon is unlocked after beating the full game (not Dialga mind you). You can grind your team here, as well as farming gummies and Reviver Seeds in the second floor
- you have an higher chance to have a Big Win in Spinda Café
- Sentry Duty rewards are more generous
- Kangaskhan Rocks are replaced by Porygon2 in dungeons, having more options for the player
- IQ Groups have been reworked: Lava Evader and Course Checker are replaced by Multitalent and Gap Prober for every IQ group. IQ Groups already having these skills now have other skills, PP Saver or Erratic Player for example
- a new IQ Group: Group S. This group has an unique combination of IQ Skills and is exclusive to shiny legendaries and some other specific species
- Mission ranking now follows the real difficulty of the game. Mission rewards are now more relevant for harder missions.
- Kecleon Supply shop now offers better items at the end of the game
- Surrounded Sea have 2 Blue Gummies in first visit (yes, it's a QoL feature lol)
- you can now recruit Shiny Celebi and Purple Kecleon

Gameplay related features:
In order to offer a better experience to the player, this game proposes hard-but-fair challenges:
- Complete Team Control Patch from Cipnit, you can now control the whole team, permiting new strategies and combinations. You can toggle on and off full team control by pressing Start at the beginning of a turn
- allies can now trigger traps
- dungeon have new gimmicks (weather oriented dungeons, debuffing enemies, PP consuming dungeons, etc...)
- in these dungeons, some floors have Reviver Seeds guaranteed to spawn (Quicksand Pit B10F for instance)
- dungeon partners are more reliable (Cresselia is no longer a burden lol)
- some dungeons now have a completely revamped spawn table according to a specific "property" of the species in it (typing, IQ Group, abilities, starter exclusive dungeon, sudo exclusive dungeon, etc...)
- dungeons now have increased IQ enemies (expect 330 IQ enemies after Chasm Cave)
- Burn damage now occurs every 10 turns
- Intimidator IQ Skill now activates 24% of the time instead of 32% of the time
- you can no longer stall bosses: you have a low number of turns required to beat a boss (50 Turns for Spiritomb, 30 for Dialga)
- bosses are made harder and also have new gimmicks
- Aegis Cave puzzle has been removed
- new quests and endgame challenges
- speed related effects last earlier, it does include Slow Start
- level curve adapted to the fact you gain more exp. Expect yourself to be level 100 by the end of the story!
- an anti-cheat was added: you can no longer use Type-Exclusive gems in story dungeons. If you try to bring them to a dungeon, they'll be removed from your inventory before post-Dialga, and removed from your bag during story missions
- along with that, you can no longer enter Wonder Mail S from the main menu. If you try to generate basic missions for first floors in order to have free Exploration Points, it'll not work anymore. You can't generate missions targeting the first floor of a dungeon too.
- some dungeons have more floors, it includes Seven Treasures dungeons, Surrounded/Miracle Sea, and Spacial Rift Depths
- Zero Isle has been made harder (North doesn't allow rescues and items when entering it, South scales up to level 45, Center expects you to beat it in one blow with IQ Skills disabled)
- Destiny Tower is now SPMD one, allows recruiting and has unique species in it

Screenshots:

Title screens were changed so they use HGSS' Mystri Stage cutscene images

Reveal hidden contents

TitleScreens.thumb.png.1bced0f555fb5aebf3888286d9836d9f.png

UI has been revamped: it's now constant dark mode

Reveal hidden contents

NewUI.thumb.png.1997c99b7f37584dfed3cd5ce2889a2b.png

This hack features Item Icons like in SPMD (patch made by me)

Reveal hidden contents

ItemIcons.thumb.png.c7e8b4e7c544985f42930e36c697059f.png

Here's a screen showing other QoL features

Reveal hidden contents

QoLChanges.thumb.png.fab19f853652f9ec38d46622affeee38.png

More diverse recruitment tables, along with recruitment enabled in a large majority of dungeons, and even new species recruitable!

Reveal hidden contents

RecruitmentLists.thumb.png.a02740689f6b171e48cf14fe6c32c0ef.png

New dungeons, and even more boss battles/gimmicks

Reveal hidden contents

NewDungeons.thumb.png.25abd006733a365bee6cb96aa845d640.png

Speaking of bosses, here are screenshots of harder boss fights

Reveal hidden contents

HarderBosses.thumb.png.582641f457dffdbf79fd10d5077e0b87.png

In order to make the game harder, some bosses were changed

Reveal hidden contents

ReplacingBosses.thumb.png.17d70493a5ea904c1b4d9d3a98fa110f.png

New events showcase, including new boss fights

Reveal hidden contents

NewEvents.thumb.png.6bb87a17c8dd900968456e77ccead242.png

Bosses are now indefinitely repeatable, and now give better rewards

Reveal hidden contents

BossRewards.thumb.png.35e0f8b1a7981b81be8597a5291c4572.png

New exclusive items for new Pokemon, along with Arceus exclusive items

Reveal hidden contents

ArceusExclusive.thumb.png.db9f8ab5a9fcf862c0547f9df5f3ce2e.png
OtherExclusive.thumb.png.78c9a25fd2f51db19d87df381577317d.png

New TMs, with flavor text. Here are 4 examples

Reveal hidden contents

NewTMs.thumb.png.c6668cfdbb4c0a30d3e9a6847ad67544.png

Shiny System and more!

Reveal hidden contents

ShinySystem.thumb.png.6512f6072b15c695e76a89a16b8bb148.png

As of 1.2.0, here are the main "issues" you can expect:
- Arceus still has the dummy sprite
- Rotom-Forms have Rotom sprite, though portraits, stats, movesets and typings are implemented
- You can't enter Spacial Rift from Crossroads with more than 24 items
- Some TMs may have incorrect compatibilities/some compatibilities missing, don't hesitate to DM me on Discord so I can correct these moveset errors on further releases
- 1.0 and 1.1 Saves may have some pokemon reverted to Shiny in 1.2
- I haven't uploaded any documentation yet

Here's the to do list:
- adding Arceus and Rotom forms sprites (since I'm not a spriter, it doesn't depend of me)
- for 1.3: finish new TMs compatibility, add the reward intended for Special Episode 5 completion, improve the Dojo anti-abuse check, custom move effects, custom moves such as Shell Smash, and move fixes like Gen 5+ Tail Glow
- documentation

Special thanks:
The most important part of this post for me! Because this project wouldn't have made this far without them!
- Parakoopa: he's SkyTemple developer and always here to help when it's necessary for me. The community around SkyTemple is so kind and so cheerful that I couldn't thank him enough for that. Here's the link of SkyTemple Discord.
- PsyCommando: one of the very first to research and investigate PMD Sky in this post. His tool gfxcrunch helped me with sprite editing in the early days.
- UsernameFodder: the author of this Google Doc where you can find a useful list of IDs by index for quite everything, from Item IDs to Dungeon IDs. A great help when scripting!
- Audino: he programmed SpriteBot featuring a more than never easy way to import sprites in a PMD Sky Rom
- gromcrunch for Tilesets

- Fable_Amare for Arceus portrait and Rotom Forms portrait. Make sure to check their work!
- Lumi for Grovyle's asset

Lasts but no least:
- Cipnit/Jirt: The one who made this Complete Team Control Hack
- techticks: worked on an ASM Editor which works similar to softs like algobox. It still lacks a lot of structures, but for now the UI itself is huge to build at least 80% of Gen V+ move effects along with eos-move-effects project examples
- Irdkwia: he helped the community a real lot recently with his research. Fixed Room, Mission Ranking, Treasure Town Shops and a plethora of sprite assets are editable thanks to him. GtI experience system and future custom move effects ASM hack are by him.
- End45: this man is cracked. Without him, half of this hack features wouldn't be possible. I'll list all the help he provided to me: IQ Gain table editing, Type Table editing, IQ Groups editing, Doom Desire move effect, exclusive items editing, control patches, and even more! Always knowledgeable, and always reseaching a ton of stuff, helping others to succeed in their own research, I think we can't thank him enough for all the stuff he's doing for the community

The xdelta patch is found here (last update: 2/22/2021): PMD Explorers of Alpha 12.xdelta. You need to patch an US Explorers of Sky Rom in order to make it work.
This hack is expected to be played on an emulator so I'm clueless about playing it on real hardware (it seems to work on real hardware from what I've heard).
Don't hesitate to join SkyTemple Discord if you want to ask me for help or report any bug (Discord Tag: Solace?#7229 or Mond💫#3823), however even with my Discord tag, I highly recommand you to join SkyTemple Discord since I'm mostly active here

Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of alpha  give to me

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I'm curious to know if you have any intentions of adding the following features to the game:

1) Starter evolution available immediately after having access to Luminous Spring (currently you have to defeat darkrai before you can evolve starters in the main game).

or

2) Luminous Spring is available automatically to the player at the beginning of the game and they can evolve any pokemon as long as the required conditions are met.

If you don't plan on adding these features to the game, where will be the best place to request guidance on how to implement one of these features using sky temple?  

On 12/14/2021 at 10:04 PM, nein said:

Greetings,

I'm curious to know if you have any intentions of adding the following features to the game:

1) Starter evolution available immediately after having access to Luminous Spring (currently you have to defeat darkrai before you can evolve starters in the main game).

or

2) Luminous Spring is available automatically to the player at the beginning of the game and they can evolve any pokemon as long as the required conditions are met.

If you don't plan on adding these features to the game, where will be the best place to request guidance on how to implement one of these features using sky temple?  

I don't plan on adding these features as you mention them, however I may have found a way of dealing with early evolution for some starters, but rebalancing the game around them will be significantly harder for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 7:38 AM, CuraVonAux said:

Any good news on 1.3 progress? Have been delaying playing alpha until 1.3 and hope it comes out before my birthday this year :D. Totally understand if you're busy with irl stuff.

Good news posted on my Twitter @EoA_off

Basically new challenges, and some other features along that

No ETA, I have more important stuff to sort before this game obviously

PS: shown the patch notes in my first post ! Check them out if you want !

Edited by Alphadaemon
Telling about main post update

• Alphadaemon changed the title to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Alpha (2.0 Patch Notes, still under heavy development)
  • 4 weeks later...

Wanted to advertise people about the current public version of the game, as it was reported to me multiple times.
I know the current version has some issues that may cause it to be "not for everyone" (the current difficulty is meant to be the equivalent of Expert after all). If you want it to be more enjoyable, here is what I recommand.

First of all you will need SkyTemple to fix all the stuff I will be talking about.

Spawn rate, under Lists, Misc. Settings:
- if you are willing to play a much harder version of the game, change it from 5 to 12
- if you are willing to play a slightly harder version of the game, change it from 5 to 18
- if you are willing to play a more vanilla version of the game, change it from 5 to 24

Second part of dungeons, disarm Forced Save, under Dungeon tab, double-click on the dungeon under the group they're in and turn off the "Forced save":
List of dungeons: Deep Sealed Ruin, Lower Brine Cave, Hidden Highland, Temporal Spire, Miracle Sea Depths, Spacial Rift Depths, Deep Dark Crater
Just disable them all, it's inherent bad design, my bad for toggling this thing on.

Boss rooms, remove timer, under Dungeon tab, double-click on the dungeon under the group they're in and change turn limit:
List of dungeons: Brine Cave Pit, Old Ruins, Mystifying Forest Clearing, Crevice Cave Pit, Miracle Seabed, Aegis Cave
If the value is below 250, change it to 250 (much harder version), 500 (slightly harder version), 1000 (vanilla version).

Now, why am I posting that instead of updating the game just for one thing.
First of all, it's been first reported after my vacations break in August, after I paused the development for 2 months, after I decided to develop a big thing instead of "just another update with 2 changes", and before I decided to write an actual changelog and to-do list.
Without keeping track of my additions after the last update one year ago, I decided to release 2.0 and nothing else, not 1.2.1 or to start releasing 1.2.18 or whatever updates you may think about.

There's another reason: the game has no big issues aside of the optional well hidden Lapras crash in Hidden Land (lol) and the Torkoal bug endgame. As such I don't have emergency updates to provide, so I have nothing to provide aside of new gameplay and new tweaks.

The next version is still in heavy development, the to-do list is down to a small text file, and I hope you are hyped for next update !

Hi, I just downloaded the game for the first time. Reading the patch notes, I saw that the personality test is supposed to be skipped - however, I still had to do it at the beginning. Is this correct?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw that 2.0 hasn't been released yet. 

Edited by mechsftw

• 1 month later...

Hey, 

What do you think about adding more different layout when exploring a dungeon, if possible of course, I was mainly thinking about having sometimes larger corridors. instead having everytime 1x10 corridor it could be 2x10 if that don't break existing layout too much

8 hours ago, Atoku said:

Hey, 

What do you think about adding more different layout when exploring a dungeon, if possible of course, I was mainly thinking about having sometimes larger corridors. instead having everytime 1x10 corridor it could be 2x10 if that don't break existing layout too much

Hey !

I may try that at some point, however it's not that high in my priority list as I need to rewrite the whole layout generation process to pull that off

FYI, I already tried my hand at adding a maze layout with Irdkwia's help (replicating Frag 1's maze) and I pulled that off successfully as shown down below

Other kinds of layout aren't planned, changing current properties for corridors isn't something I've ever seen being tried yet, kinda curious about the uses you can make of this idea ngl

unknown-77.png

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how can unlock Star/Wish Cave? I already did Bidoof episode but I don't know how to get it. If there's some kind of document with the legendaries locación, I would  appreciate it.

Also, thank you for giving me a reason to play Explorers again. I always wanted to know how a hard mode was like.

Just now, XiaomuThe Fox said:

Do you know how can unlock Star/Wish Cave? I already did Bidoof episode but I don't know how to get it. If there's some kind of document with the legendaries locación, I would  appreciate it.

Also, thank you for giving me a reason to play Explorers again. I always wanted to know how a hard mode was like.

Star Cave doesn't exist in main game, instead it's called Starglow Cavern and it's unlocked with Jirachi's challenge letter if and only if you have Guildmaster Rank

Thanks for the kind words ! I am working hard to get the best out of the game so anyone can enjoy it next update with the new features, not only for the difficulty