hack Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Alpha 1.2 (patch: 2/22 5:57 PM UTC+1) (Last news: 6/26/2021 1:57 PM UTC+1)

On 6/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, Dimedime said:

Wow, thanks for the progress report.

Reveal hidden contents

Cool. Spawn rate's still low enough to recruit grind, and depending on how much initial enemy density increases, this might mean less enemies encountered, and therefore easier PP management.

Well, Jirachi grinding (for money) just got another use. I must wonder what items you have to swap, considering a ton of items are really de-valued after you unlock Marine Resort:

Reveal hidden contents
  • X-Ray Specs are re-obtainable in Sentry Duty
  • Some dungeons exclusive to this hack have monster houses full of Golden Apples and Wonder Gummies, you literally never run out of them
  • Training Grounds has farmable Joy Seeds and Wonder Gummies
  • Jirachi has tons of farmable items once you get a good team going to do its dungeon over and over again.

I'll take any Drifblim buff. Seems to be a slight buff to player-controlled Pokemon only, as enemy IQ increases high enough that they get Exclusive Move User anyway

Much appreciated. Just another addendum to this list:

Reveal hidden contents

Shiny Grovyle (with Unburden!!) and Pink Celebi can be found in Time-Leap Garden
Some shiny Pokemon can be found in World's Edge (even or odd-numbered floors, depending on if the Pokemon is exclusively male or female, respectively)
A lot of shiny Pokemon (+ legendaries) can be found in Destiny Tower. It's not ideal, because no IQ/Items + there are monster houses everywhere

Spawning makes it so you have to play more team fights instead of multiple 1v1s
Level curve and dungeon design work so late game dungeon are similar to SMD Treasures dungeon

They're not "proper shinies", to me they're Partner Grovyle, Future Celebi and Antagonist Dusknoir.
Shinies function as evolution lines, hence why I do not consider them as Shinies, + they have Exclusive-Items and are treated as special species.
Destiny Tower Shinies are available and recruitable yes, Shiny Legendaries are only recruitable here by the way.

• Alphadaemon changed the title to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Alpha 1.2 (patch: 2/22 5:57 PM UTC+1) (Last news: 6/26/2021 1:57 PM UTC+1)
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, nice job on this room hack, creating a whole new experience and making every "not so great" aspect of the game gone and adding so much great stuff like the manual mode.  I.Q. gained from gummies faster, lots of improvements from abilities

So just wanna write some suggestions for you, not sure how you can modify the game or if it's possible but well if it can give you more idea to improve it, why not.

- Tactics meeting - Avoid the first hit : Due to the fact that pokemons are spawning very faster, sometimes you got situation that you loose more time to deal with pokemons when your team try to join you back and a pokemon come again to the room. I wonder if it's possible that "Avoid the first hit tactic" use the "let's go together tactic" and trying to avoid the first hit at the same time. Like they won't go after ennemies more than X tiles

- Scouting : Why not if you decide to use "You go the other way tactic" make the map be revealed by all your teammate. Because you can actually do it by checking your position manually. Maybe it could be an IQ skill for all pokemons. But don't reveal items because actually that the job of X-Ray specs.

- About helding items, could be an great idea if some items like the X-Ray/Google specs give his effect to the leader if it's hold by one member of your team 

I don't have finished with the main story so I should come back for more. 

Edited by Atoku

On 7/13/2021 at 1:50 AM, Atoku said:

Hey, nice job on this room hack, creating a whole new experience and making every "not so great" aspect of the game gone and adding so much great stuff like the manual mode.  I.Q. gained from gummies faster, lots of improvements from abilities

So just wanna write some suggestions for you, not sure how you can modify the game or if it's possible but well if it can give you more idea to improve it, why not.

- Tactics meeting - Avoid the first hit : Due to the fact that pokemons are spawning very faster, sometimes you got situation that you loose more time to deal with pokemons when your team try to join you back and a pokemon come again to the room. I wonder if it's possible that "Avoid the first hit tactic" use the "let's go together tactic" and trying to avoid the first hit at the same time. Like they won't go after ennemies more than X tiles

- Scouting : Why not if you decide to use "You go the other way tactic" make the map be revealed by all your teammate. Because you can actually do it by checking your position manually. Maybe it could be an IQ skill for all pokemons. But don't reveal items because actually that the job of X-Ray specs.

- About helding items, could be an great idea if some items like the X-Ray/Google specs give his effect to the leader if it's hold by one member of your team 

I don't have finished with the main story so I should come back for more. 

Thank you for playing my take on EoS ! Adding features and "real new stuff" (not "under the carpet" existing stuff mind you) is really complicated and needs some skills only a few have in EoS community.
As a result, changing the AI behavior of Tactics is beyond my skills (no one's been able to change it and the same goes for IQ). Changing items behavior is feasible, though I don't think I want X-Ray, Google Specs to have a group effect (because of how broken it is by essence)
Don't hesitate to check with me here in case you wonder about the feasibility of this or that, I'll answer when I'm available for it !

51 minutes ago, Shemar4245 said:

@Alphadaemon Do you have another discord link, because I try to send you a friend request from your discord tag (Solace?#7229), but it didn't work?

My Discord changed, now my tag is Mond 💫#3823

I'll update the post so it reflects the changes