Gen 6 & 7 Game Sync Research

Jollygator

Hi, I have a question: How do I make the circled part appear? (Image below)

DckBJr6.png

This is when I click on the "Game Sync" button in Gen 6 games.

I tried giving the save file that never connected to Game Sync (left one) a Game Sync ID using PKHex and the circled part still didn't show up. I'm guessing there's a flag that can be checked or a location where the ID needs to be written so the circled part shows up. The same for Gen 7 games. It's obviously impossible to do it legitimately now that Game Sync is gone. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has any knowledge about this. Thx a lot.

14 minutes ago, Jollygator said:

Hi, I have a question: How do I make the circled part appear? (Image below)

DckBJr6.png

This is when I click on the "Game Sync" button in Gen 6 games.

I tried giving the save file that never connected to Game Sync (left one) a Game Sync ID using PKHex and the circled part still didn't show up. I'm guessing there's a flag that can be checked or a location where the ID needs to be written so the circled part shows up. The same for Gen 7 games. It's obviously impossible to do it legitimately now that Game Sync is gone. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has any knowledge about this. Thx a lot.

connect to their servers. Maybe receive a Mystery Gift or any other online thing, if I'm not mistaken. Game Sync IDs are usually assigned automatically.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

connect to their servers. Maybe receive a Mystery Gift or any other online thing, if I'm not mistaken. Game Sync IDs are usually assigned automatically.

Game Sync/Global Link has long been gone and we can't connect to their servers (https://www.pokemon-gl.com/)

There's no way to get a Game Sync ID legit anymore. I just input a random Game Sync ID using PKHex but it doesn't show as it does on the right image (the save file that legitimately connected to Game Sync when it was open from 2013 - 2016 for Gen 6)

I'm wondering how I can get it to that state on the right image by save editting.

Just now, Jollygator said:

Game Sync/Global Link has long been gone and we can't connect to their servers (https://www.pokemon-gl.com/)

There's no way to get a Game Sync ID legit anymore. I just input a random Game Sync ID using PKHex but it doesn't show as it does on the right image (the save file that legitimately connected to Game Sync when it was open from 2013 - 2016 for Gen 6)

I'm wondering how I can get it to that state on the right image by save editting.

take a save that has Game Sync ID, then edit it to make it yours.

It's hard to do "before and after" tests to see what was set, when as you said, we've got no way to connect to servers to get a real ID.

Tho, you could try doing a trade or battle online, see if you get assigned one.