Help with PokeSav

bosteroXever

11 hours ago, bosteroXever said:

hello whoever is reading this
i was testing pokesav and when i want to open a .sav file from any 3rd gen game. This error happens to me, it is version 0.40c

image.png.cc16367d0f0771cb731f3a8c4d18f6dc.png

Pokesav cannot open gen 3 saves.
Why aren't you using PKHeX for Gen 3 saves?

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Pokesav cannot open gen 3 saves.
Why aren't you using PKHeX for Gen 3 saves?

because pkhex does not support hack-roms, on the other hand, pokesav maybe yes, because that error also appeared when I wanted to open a file of the original fure red and platinum roms

in fact, I have not found any other program that is compatible with hackroms saves

8 minutes ago, bosteroXever said:

because pkhex does not support hack-roms, on the other hand, pokesav maybe yes, because that error also appeared when I wanted to open a file of the original fure red and platinum roms

As far as I know, there is no cross generation Pokesav. There's a Pokesav that handles Gen 4 saves, and there's another Pokesav that handles Gen 5 saves. Hence, neither can work with Gen 3 saves.

That error appearing is not an indication that maybe it could load Gen 3 saves. Programs are not magic, you know ><.
Why don't you try to load a Gen 3 save not from a ROM hack, and see if that works, if you are so convinced.

in fact, I have not found any other program that is compatible with hackroms saves

Gee, I wonder why. It's almost as tho there's a whole platitude of ROM hacks out there, where they can all do different things to a save's structure. Some might even get released after a save editor is developed.

Anyhow, if the ROM hack you're using does minimal changes to the save structure, then at least try loading it in PKHeX or maybe this (either at your own risk, of course ;P)

If neither works (not even partially), then you gotta perform RAM editing (cheats) to get what you want.
[Do note standard cheat codes will probably not work. You gotta make your own]

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You exported it wrong. I took a look at your file under a Hex editor.
image.png

This is not a save,

wow how strange, just in case I give you these settings of the vba emulator, it's what I save all the saves from other games

image.png.7f1207dda4569a14694487425337796e.png

image.thumb.png.a44ffd2ae70b75ae670eaebfc32a5ebe.png

image.png.c821f72890c8fbf2c96384bc729fdecc.png

If it's any help

Edited by bosteroXever

3 minutes ago, bosteroXever said:

wow how strange, just in case I give you these settings of the vba emulator, it's what I save all the saves from other games

image.png.7f1207dda4569a14694487425337796e.png

image.thumb.png.a44ffd2ae70b75ae670eaebfc32a5ebe.png

image.png.c821f72890c8fbf2c96384bc729fdecc.png

If it's any help

Consider using this instead (or any other option with a similar name; they differ between emulators):

image.png

It provides a proper .SAV. This may only works if you saved in-game at least twice and perform a soft reset first.

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Consider using this instead (or any other option with a similar name; they differ between emulators):

image.png

It provides a proper .SAV. This may only works if you saved in-game at least twice and perform a soft reset first.

Thank you very much, now if the pkhex recognized the .sav, even if I only edit mons until the 3rd gen it is very good

1 minute ago, bosteroXever said:

Thank you very much, now if the pkhex recognized the .sav, even if I only edit mons until the 3rd gen it is very good

well, you may be able to use batch editor to edit them if you know what is what

For example: If you trying to give something species 387:

=Box=1
=Slot=1
.Species=387

So it really depends on what you want to edit. I can't really help you beyond that.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

well, you may be able to use batch editor to edit them if you know what is what

For example: If you trying to give something species 387:

=Box=1
=Slot=1
.Species=387

So it really depends on what you want to edit. I can't really help you beyond that.

Last question, Which batch file editor do you recommend?

Edited by bosteroXever