LEGALITY CHEK ERROR WITH RIBBON IN 8TH GEN.

Atmosphaera

Hi, why when i give MASTER RANK RIBBON to pokemon got from old gen (pokemon got from yellow and silver virtual console or from emerlad) it is error on legality? The bulbapedia site say only special pokemon are prhoibithed (like rayquaza, mewtwo, etc)

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Atmosphaera said:

Hi, why when i give MASTER RANK RIBBON to pokemon got from old gen (pokemon got from yellow and silver virtual console or from emerlad) it is error on legality? The bulbapedia site say only special pokemon are prhoibithed (like rayquaza, mewtwo, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Did you give then the battle ready symbol first?

On 1/17/2021 at 5:08 AM, Poke J said:

Did you give then the battle ready symbol first?

i dont understand what u mean (idk what is this symbol)

-merged-

maybe u mean battle version? but idk how it work... i not find anything about that

Edited by Atmosphaera

8 minutes ago, Poke J said:

@Atmosphaera yes battle version would be what you need to set. Since the only way to get that ribbon is to get to Master Ball rank in ranked battles and to only way Pokémon from past gens can go into rank battles is by having the battle ready symbol and a battle version set.

and why after i set this things for have ribbon i have error in some moves? when i got ribbon it is permanent like battle version... but after i can learn other moves to my pokemon but some are error... why?

2 minutes ago, Atmosphaera said:

and why after i set this things for have ribbon i have error in some moves? when i got ribbon it is permanent like battle version... but after i can learn other moves to my pokemon but some are error... why?

Because giving a Pokémon the battle ready symbol in game wipes all moves the Pokémon knew prior and replaces them with the moves it would learn by leveling up in Sword and Shield. That way legacy moves can't be used in competitive play.

Just now, Poke J said:

Because giving a Pokémon the battle ready symbol in game wipes all moves the Pokémon knew prior and replaces them with the moves it would learn by leveling up in Sword and Shield. That way legacy moves can't be used in competitive play.

ok but after got the ribbon, can i make pokemon like was in old time?