Pokemon Red save file not loading

Humematt19

12 minutes ago, mypokepop said:

Just out of curiosity what was the problem? I've been trying to figure out why I can't inject the save file into my virtual console copy of Pokemon Red. I'm just trying to understand this file from multiple angles

Are you attempting to inject a save from an emulator or cartridge into your Virtual Console?

6 hours ago, AlamosIT said:

It works, I tried my self with Pokémon Gold. Obv save file need to be exported in another format, but it works.

I know it works I’ve done it myself as well. I was wanting to know if the poster was trying to do that since that could be the source of thief issue and was trying to rule out scenarios to give them the best advice possible.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 5:06 PM, Poke J said:

Are you attempting to inject a save from an emulator or cartridge into your Virtual Console?

Technically yes. It's a .sav file from an emulated version of Mew from the North American Gamestop event. It keeps giving me a message on my virtual console saying some kind of error having to do with not being able to support save files from other formats or something like that.

1 hour ago, mypokepop said:

Technically yes. It's a .sav file from an emulated version of Mew from the North American Gamestop event. It keeps giving me a message on my virtual console saying some kind of error having to do with not being able to support save files from other formats or something like that.

Since the save is from an emulator it will be larger then the Virtual Console save; therefore, you'll need to open the save in a hex editor and trim the end of the save to be the same length as the Virtual Console save.

1 hour ago, Poke J said:

Since the save is from an emulator it will be larger then the Virtual Console save; therefore, you'll need to open the save in a hex editor and trim the end of the save to be the same length as the Virtual Console save.

okay I have no idea how to do that but I'll give it a try haha! Thanks!