I recently downloaded Citra and PKHex and am having difficulties editing my save.

When i try to copy the "main" file and edit it and replace the original with the edited, there is no difference in my game. I notice however the savefile that shows up in PKHex is an older save and seemingly that is not the one that loads when i load the save in Citra. When i try to load main from the file it shows that the file is empty. I am not really tech savvy at all. its a miracle i can get an emulator running at all. Please help me like you would help a 5 year old.

1 hour ago, kngknwr n said:

When i try to copy the "main" file and edit it and replace the original with the edited, there is no difference in my game

This is what you should do.

1. Close the emulator
2. Make a copy of the save
3. Load the copy into PKHeX
4. Make your edits
5. Save in PKHeX
6. Close PKHeX
7. Reopen PKHeX.
8. Load the edited save. Check that the changes are there.
9. If changes are there (point 8), replace the Citra save with the edited save.
10. Now launch the game in Citra.

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me, no changes. Is there a tutorial for citra?

Edit: So I tried to redo it again but this time, instead of overwriting the pokemon and save, I made a copy of the revised pekemon and deleted the original(duplication also seems works) and it made the changes but I'm hoping if there's a more simpler way of overwriting instead of making copies, that would be nice

Edited by magv

8 hours ago, magv said:

Same thing happened to me, no changes. Is there a tutorial for citra?

Edit: So I tried to redo it again but this time, instead of overwriting the pokemon and save, I made a copy of the revised pekemon and deleted the original(duplication also seems works) and it made the changes but I'm hoping if there's a more simpler way of overwriting instead of making copies, that would be nice

You could simply overwrite your save instead of making copies, but if you corrupt the save, you'll have no backup.

If you want to do it in a way that you lose your progress permanently if the save is corrupt, then be my guest.

• 11 months later...