Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Skies

Staro

On 1/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, DiegoG said:

Here I am again! Prepare for screenshots
So, what happened this time? Well, I noticed how Sylveon only had the Fairy Silk as fam items (along with the other three Eevee things), and then I went to look into another one's list and saw this:
unknown.png
...Yeah. I went into Sky Temple to see what was going on, and I saw the Gem, Dust and Globe, but they were all like this:
unknown.png
After a really long editing session, I managed to have them both appear in the list for only Fairy types and not break the game by seeing the second page (because yes, the game broke quite a lot of times)
unknown.png

But regardless, I managed to have them work, even if it was by copy pasting descriptions from other items. And also because why not, decided to have Prism Ruff work for all Eeveelutions:
unknown.pngunknown.pngimage.png.bee8db0be24792c965c0554c00ce6275.png

Hello friend! It looks like a really, really tiresome job, the one you're doing here.. at least am sure I wouldn't be able to do it 🥲 

Would you share the file with us, again? It'd be much appreciated 😀

• Proud 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really appreciate you making this. I could hardly believe my eyes when I mindlessly checked for hacks of this game as I've done probably one a year for the past 5 years. The features you've added like automatic/manual mode bring new strategy and depth to exploring and especially boss battles. And the new pokemon! This is the game I've played the most in my life and you've renewed my interest in it :)

I have seen lots of misconceptions while checking some casual comments about loads of hacks, this one specifically so I wanted to answer all of that so people know what's going on:

On 1/14/2022 at 6:29 PM, DiegoG said:

This took more brainpower than I expected to need to recruit a Pokemon.
Not only does it not show up in the future dungeons (so I moved all of her sprites over normal Celebi and recruited her in Mystifying Forest), but her personality had no Standby lines, so I also needed to make those (and accidentally murdered my ears with the Hero and Partner line because I didn't know the correct spelling of their name calls)
Ignoring the occasional "The Timegate is close!" comment, Pink Celebi (even the game calls her that internally, btw) works just fine. When you can actually get her. Which, again, requires a bit of SkyTemple editing magic.

I guess I can also add that Mew is nowhere to be found, not even in Zapdos' old spot, being Amp Plains 7F. Soooo, guess what I did. Apart from grabbing the much superior face sprite in the PMD Sprite Repository.
image.png.6bf6b5abf4966337c671c075f8b5df38.pngimage.png.19e9f3d957519abb61cf1c22fd509498.pngimage.png.58977558ed914349084f0973b6740f8d.png

Changing Shiny Celebi's personality and making it spawnable only requires a bitflag change for it to spawn without items. People noted it months ago and fixes have been suggested but never provided. Sounds like this feature wasn't functional after all...

On 1/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, mono said:

I just discovered this hack and it's absolutely amazing. 

Though I've been wondering if Espurr will ever be added as one of the starter mons? 

You cannot add new slots as starters and partners. That's why Meowth and Vulpix Kanto are no longer available through normal means as Partner and replaced by Espurr and Alolan-Vulpix. The list is designed to be a certain size and not more, it would require ASM hacking to maybe edit the list on the fly.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:38 PM, DiegoG said:

Here I am again! Prepare for screenshots
So, what happened this time? Well, I noticed how Sylveon only had the Fairy Silk as fam items (along with the other three Eevee things), and then I went to look into another one's list and saw this:
unknown.png
...Yeah. I went into Sky Temple to see what was going on, and I saw the Gem, Dust and Globe, but they were all like this:
unknown.png
After a really long editing session, I managed to have them both appear in the list for only Fairy types and not break the game by seeing the second page (because yes, the game broke quite a lot of times)
unknown.png

But regardless, I managed to have them work, even if it was by copy pasting descriptions from other items. And also because why not, decided to have Prism Ruff work for all Eeveelutions:
unknown.pngunknown.pngimage.png.bee8db0be24792c965c0554c00ce6275.png

They have these items dummied because they couldn't manage to have them swapped successfully. That requires more than just adding the item to do so. And for your information the items have no effect whatsoever, it requires to edit a table in arm9.bin. Hex editing and ASM hacking as a result.

8 hours ago, raydude007 said:

I really appreciate you making this. I could hardly believe my eyes when I mindlessly checked for hacks of this game as I've done probably one a year for the past 5 years. The features you've added like automatic/manual mode bring new strategy and depth to exploring and especially boss battles. And the new pokemon! This is the game I've played the most in my life and you've renewed my interest in it :)

This feature has not been added by him nor anyone working on this hack. It is a public patch built in SkyTemple and made by Cipnit/Jirt a year ago, and the same goes for sprite expansion and pokemon addition, they are public SkyTemple features.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, DiegoG said:

Found another mistake, Yellow Cornet still has Grass Cornet's description.
I'll try to brainpower my own, though. Just so other people don't find this out, I'm posting it here.

image.png.1757b4db7889c0697baf7d2dc2162331.png

This one isn't a mistake. They tried to have the Zapdos treasure match him, because it replaces the Mew treasure. However they didn't manage to change the type this treasure affects because... well it requires coding and editing ASM. This will likely remain unchanged for the sole reason of them never touching code on their own.

For anyone reading this post, don't hesitate to check SkyTemple to see what has actually been added by the hack creator, and what has just been "a SkyTemple public patch applied". It helps a lot for common knowledge so people don't come at other creators to say "you copied Skies features" while it's either a public feature or the opposite.
Thanks !

Edited by Alphadaemon

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, Thundersmashfury said:

I'm very excited to download and stream this, but does it let you bring recruited Pokemon into the future?  Always hated how moments like that made my new team mates feel like an afterthought :(

It doesn't, but you won't come out of the future arc with horribly underleveled teammates

How do I get female Espurr as a partner? Both times, Espurr is male regardless of if I pick to be a male or female Pokemon.

Nvm, just found the skytemple tool. Does anyone know how to go about changing starter genders using that tool?

Edited by MawileIsCool

23 hours ago, MawileIsCool said:

How do I get female Espurr as a partner? Both times, Espurr is male regardless of if I pick to be a male or female Pokemon.

Nvm, just found the skytemple tool. Does anyone know how to go about changing starter genders using that tool?

The male and female versions of a Pokemon are stored in two different spots.

image.png.56308649477dbf831ed3d695a1e1aa41.png

So where it says Espurr (Male), put the female Espurr's number.
image.png.ab2df92689cfcc0109e5f4adbfe96b43.pngimage.png.66cdd6c57eed61a175750cbad564f811.png

5 hours ago, DiegoG said:

The male and female versions of a Pokemon are stored in two different spots.

image.png.56308649477dbf831ed3d695a1e1aa41.png

So where it says Espurr (Male), put the female Espurr's number.
image.png.ab2df92689cfcc0109e5f4adbfe96b43.pngimage.png.66cdd6c57eed61a175750cbad564f811.png

Thanks so much. I also managed to change my partner's gender through the Mystery Dungeon save editor.

• Proud 1

• 1 month later...

this is really cool but i'm bad at video games so hopefully if they update this they make a hard version and one with normal difficulty i also think they changed the artstyle of the sprites slightly i think there should be an option for that personally i prefer the original sprites but hey that's just my opinion other than that this is just superior to the original i'm not sure if they do have old sprites as an option i haven't tested this out yet but it looks fun

3 hours ago, yeah27 said:

this is really cool but i'm bad at video games so hopefully if they update this they make a hard version and one with normal difficulty i also think they changed the artstyle of the sprites slightly i think there should be an option for that personally i prefer the original sprites but hey that's just my opinion other than that this is just superior to the original i'm not sure if they do have old sprites as an option i haven't tested this out yet but it looks fun

so uh i haven't been able to get it to work yet i might get it to work eventually but as it is right now the x delta patch seems to not work so i had to use it to make my own that worked but then the rom didn't work so idk what to do rn so uh rn no comment

40 minutes ago, yeah27 said:

so uh i haven't been able to get it to work yet i might get it to work eventually but as it is right now the x delta patch seems to not work so i had to use it to make my own that worked but then the rom didn't work so idk what to do rn so uh rn no comment

ok made it work this is sick

Hello! 

Firstly, thank you so much for creating such an amazing rom hack, I love the PMD series so much and seeing such a brilliant revamped version of it has been fantastic! 

Just have a question, I've been waiting for Giant Volcano to unlock, to get the 7th treausre, the Fiery Drum but I realsied I already have the Fiery Drum and Mt Blaze has replaced Giant Volcano, but I'm not getting a boss fight with Moltres? I went back through Mt Blaze just now, got to the top and got given another Fiery Drum. I've checked my recruited Pokemon list and I have Zapdos and Articuno, but no Moltres? Any ideas? (Also side note, Heatran was previously the guardian of Giant Volcano, where can I find it?) Thank you 😊 

• 1 month later...

game seem to be total broken.after beating Deowzee all items ar only plain seeds. exeption mission items. and Exp for pokemon that ar not in dungeon is not working( not really an issue for me bc i dont need many pokemon)

Edited by _omega_

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I've been wanting to get back into this franchise since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was my childhood and I knew the hacking scene existed. I think this looks great from the description. I've always been a casual fan and 8 year old me didn't have the patience to beat something like Destiny Tower but I think this will be fun.  Thanks again and also appreciate not having to pray you randomly unlock certain lategame dungeons (im a noob to this whole thing, plz dont flame if its super easy or there is some method, I havent touched these games since I was a wee lad) but yeah I appreciate it and thanks a ton. Have a great one

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed this Rom so far. I have 2 questions:

1. how do I recruit shiny celebi? I have recruited dialga but now I’m not sure what to do, I’ve been to dusk forest and deep dusk forest but nothing happened.

2. What level does alolan Vulpix learn powder snow?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any way we can get a version without the ""slight"" difficulty increase? The first enemy in the drenched bluff instantly kills me. One move, instant death. I cannot kill anything with just tackle to get xp meaning I cannot grind to get stronger, and the dungeon is forced on you. What in the actual hell am I supposed to even do? I really like the quality of life stuff, but this ""SLIGHT"" difficulty increase is total nonsense.

this may not be the right place to ask, but I've been trying to patch this incredible hack to allow me to use one of my favourite pokemon as a starter, namely Kirlia/Gardevoir, and I'm curious as to how exactly one would go about making the pokemon and their evolutions sleep properly in beds and cutscenes? obviously any other anims I would want like eating, and cutscene specific ones, but until I can/do custom spritework, how can I repurpose the existing anims for some of these things? thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...