Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Skies

Staro

On 7/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, Shemar4245 said:

@StaroDoes the Special Episode dungeons have improvements, like extra dungeons, increased difficulties, or possible boss battle, for example Dark wasteland had 4 floors, are there any extra floors or is it he same? Finally can you able to revisit special episode dungeon, like you can revisit the future dungeon from the story?

At the moment, I have no exact roadmap for special episodes, but with all the QOL changes and additions, I'll be sure to touch on them later, they just aren't a high priority for me right now.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:50 PM, Romhackplayer said:

Hello i recently played through this hack and loved it. Still where do i find and fight palkia? I've recruited dialga and gotten all the 7 treasures. Also is magnagate supposed to just kick you out at level b15?

Palkia is where it normally is - Spacial Rift. Magnagate kicking is intentional.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, Chao_chap said:

I'm not one to post on these things often, in fear of seeming rude, but I just need to ask you to please re-implement the ability to change leaders like in rescue team, that would be fantastic. I know someone did it with a code for the eu version. Just an idea.

I'm not too big on changing leaders, as it can cause issues with the new Complete Team Control patch (which is a better than swapping leaders as it can manually play out a turn exactly how you want)

On 7/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, RedMageCole said:

Watched TheZZAZZGlitch's video on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Laughed about how you could very rarely encounter a one-room Monster House in Mt. Steel, saying that'd be just about the worst luck. (Made black text as a spoiler alert for this amazing hack, don't highlight it if you haven't gotten past Drenched Bluff)

Same day, start getting the itch to play Explorers of Sky, but modded because that game really needs QoL.

Stumble across this hack, getting excited.

Get absolutely clobbered in Beach Cave.

"Well, at least it gets better once I've trained up!"

"Wait, what did Chatot say about Drenched Bluff?"

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a442c1274eaa47498d76087530745b7d.png

I'm almost at endgame and I absolutely love this hack. Don't think I can ever play PMD Sky vanilla anymore, especially not with Manual mode being a thing. Thanks so much! I agree with most of the ideas posted by HopeFragment, but I'd also like to suggest the idea of possibly giving each starter a set of two abilities instead of just one. My thoughts behind this is that it'd hopefully give some Starter Pokemon a much-needed edge (take Phanpy for example, stuck with Pickup until it evolves and even then Sturdy's not the most useful ability even if it were to be made into its Gen V+ version). Riolu and Lucario could also have a different set of abilities (since Inner Focus basically makes Steadfast useless). As a suggestion, maybe go off of their Hidden Abilities? I always wanted to have Chlorophyll as a Bulbasaur starter, please give Bulbasaur Chlorophyll, it's definitely not a broken overpowered ability I swear

Thanks for the kind words! Starters/Partners are almost all on par with each other now. This is especially the case with the newest beta release for 1.17 (Beta7) with a ability rebalance, changing all starters/partners to make them on equal footing.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:31 PM, HopeFragment said:

I ADORE this hack and I'm having so much fun with it. I love PMD Sky so much and this makes it even better. I'm just about to begin the expedition and I'm psyched to not have to worry about my recruits falling behind in levels during this part. Do you mind if I make some suggestions for future things to add? These are just suggestions, I don't know how hard these would be to do but here's some I thought of while playing.

- Renaming recruits. I hate when I come up with a better nickname for a recruit later but there's no way to change it. Or if I have nothing in mind immediately for the name I can just put it on the backburner for later and continue playing the game. PMD DX lets you do this and it was great.

- Favorite recruits. I don't know if this is possible, but it would be cool if you could "star" certain recruits so they always show up on top of the assembly list.

- Move tutors. Especially an egg move tutor. I think it would be really cool if Pokemon had access to their egg moves. I know Pokemon hatched from eggs can have them, but that is the only way to get egg moves on Pokemon and you can't even choose the moves, or the Pokemon you're even getting for that matter. Mons recruited any other way never have a chance to get egg moves, especially starters. Which brings me to my next suggestion...

- Give all heroes/partners one egg move at the start. Modern PMD games do this, but in Sky, only the nonstandard hero/partners get them. This would immensely help out starter Pokemon that have lackluster movepools. In my game my hero is a Cyndaquil and I am hard pressed trying to give her varied move types, whereas her partner Munchlax had the egg move Zen Headbutt at the start. 

I think the tutors would be really cheap if there was immediate access to it so maybe there could be some item you give in exchange, like how Super Mystery Dungeon has gold bars. I don't know how hard that would be to implement but the simplest might be to add some kind of rare item to the game and they can be given in exchange for the leaning the move. Maybe Gold Ribbons? Then they would have a use.

Renaming recruits is a feature added in the latest beta and in future updates, egg move tutoring is something I'm not too keen on as it mostly depreciates the egg-hatching mechanic but I'll think about it.

Hm. I really want to like this hack, but at least at the start it doesn't feel very balanced. Having that monster house in the beginning, when you're stuck with 44 HP and no healing items (due to you being sent on the mission without the ability to buy anything yet), doesn't leave you with many options to stay alive.

Is this intended? With my starter (Riolu), I have a hard time seeing how to survive this at all. I'm new to difficulty hacks, so apologies if this is intended.

Edited by kolt54321

On 10/17/2021 at 1:14 PM, kolt54321 said:

Hm. I really want to like this hack, but at least at the start it doesn't feel very balanced. Having that monster house in the beginning, when you're stuck with 44 HP and no healing items (due to you being sent on the mission without the ability to buy anything yet), doesn't leave you with many options to stay alive.

Is this intended? With my starter (Riolu), I have a hard time seeing how to survive this at all. I'm new to difficulty hacks, so apologies if this is intended.

Since you're a Riolu, are you using Endure? It's a really good move in pmd, and lasts several turns. Try having your partner use you as cover while you tank hits the hits. Even in post-game I keep endure on my Riolu, it's so valuable. Just gotta watch out for poison and weather

On 9/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, StarlessSky said:

Wow! This looks amazing and exactly how I’ve been wanting to play PMD for a while. The updates you’ve made look incredible!

I do have one question though! Are the hero Pokémon still gender-locked? One of the things that always soured my enjoyment of the original Explorers of Sky (and of PMD1) was that the Pokémon I wanted to play as were locked to being female. I actually would choose to play Time/Darkness over Sky when I was younger just so I could play as a male Skitty—even though I would much rather play Sky as Vulpix or Eevee. And especially since here you have Alolan Vulpix and Sylveon! I would love to be able to play this game as a male Alolan Vulpix!

If they are still gender-locked, would someone be able to point me in the direction of a way to possibly modify that just for myself? It would make this an absolute must-play experience for me!

Really late reply, and I apologize, just saw this comment when I returned here to see if there was any updates on this project.  If you download SkyTemple you can change around with the starters to your own liking.

https://www.skytemple.org

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, Staro said:

egg move tutoring is something I'm not too keen on as it mostly depreciates the egg-hatching mechanic but I'll think about it.

I personally am not a fan of the egg mechanic as I find it too tedious to get what you want (since the species is random), which is why I made that suggestion, however I do see your point though. I'm not sure how this would be pulled off, but maybe, as a compromise to preserve the importance of eggs, only allow the hero and partner to access the egg move tutor? The egg move mechanic is mostly unfair to the hero and partner in particular anyway, because you can't just replace them with a hatched individual with the desired egg moves. The hero and partner will never, ever have access to their egg moves, except the one they might've had at the start.

Edited by HopeFragment

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 2:58 AM, MasterOfMyth said:

Since the beta for the new patch would only apply to the original Xeno, does that mean that there's no way to apply the newest patch with your old save file? 

You can transfer your save between updates, just rename the newest update to match the old version and overwrite it.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, mr ki said:

When I complete Destiny Tower the game cuts to a black screen after I exit the dungeon and see the dungeon cleared message. Any idea how that can be fixed?

Fixed in 1.17

On 11/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, lordabris123 said:

I just wanted to say that  i reached ultra rank and it says 'this team is the best it can be!', can i not rank up anymore?

No idea, no one else has had this issue. If you could join the Discord and send me your save file it would be much appreciated!

5 hours ago, lordabris123 said:

Arceus has the iq group C instead of the iq group α, please fix this. Thank you

Fixed in 1.17

Hello , im new here, i must say thank you so much for this hack, i love this so much, especially manual mechanic, finally my team didnt step on explosion trap multiple times

Im far in post game now, still waiting for next seven treasures (2 left) its been so long i dont know if i ever got remaining treasures quest ever again, i already in guildmaster rank and no treasures quest shows up....

I already recruit dialga, palkia, lake trio, i got letter said i can revisit the future, and visit place far away, but i dont know how, there is no "revisit future" or "place so faraway" in map list... Did i miss something? Please help me

On 12/8/2021 at 7:14 PM, WindchildWhimsy said:

loving this hack! 

playing 1.17 and just completed Destiny Tower, but after going up the stairs on 99f, it just...sent me back to the crossroads instead of anything happening with Arceus? 

Sorry about that, fixed in 1.17.1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:11 AM, Airis said:

Hello , im new here, i must say thank you so much for this hack, i love this so much, especially manual mechanic, finally my team didnt step on explosion trap multiple times

Im far in post game now, still waiting for next seven treasures (2 left) its been so long i dont know if i ever got remaining treasures quest ever again, i already in guildmaster rank and no treasures quest shows up....

I already recruit dialga, palkia, lake trio, i got letter said i can revisit the future, and visit place far away, but i dont know how, there is no "revisit future" or "place so faraway" in map list... Did i miss something? Please help me

Treasure dungeons should have been unlocked automatically after defeating Darkrai, if you could send me your save on my Discord I can help fix this bug and solve your problem.

Also the map list refers to the dungeons names but what they are in game, EX: Chasm Cave, Dark Hill, Dusk Forest etc. so instead of looking for "revisit future/ place so faraway" look for "Enchanted Meadow" or the previous three listed. If neither unlocked I'll again need your save to fix this  issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This took more brainpower than I expected to need to recruit a Pokemon.
Not only does it not show up in the future dungeons (so I moved all of her sprites over normal Celebi and recruited her in Mystifying Forest), but her personality had no Standby lines, so I also needed to make those (and accidentally murdered my ears with the Hero and Partner line because I didn't know the correct spelling of their name calls)
Ignoring the occasional "The Timegate is close!" comment, Pink Celebi (even the game calls her that internally, btw) works just fine. When you can actually get her. Which, again, requires a bit of SkyTemple editing magic.

I guess I can also add that Mew is nowhere to be found, not even in Zapdos' old spot, being Amp Plains 7F. Soooo, guess what I did. Apart from grabbing the much superior face sprite in the PMD Sprite Repository.
image.png.6bf6b5abf4966337c671c075f8b5df38.pngimage.png.19e9f3d957519abb61cf1c22fd509498.pngimage.png.58977558ed914349084f0973b6740f8d.png

Edited by DiegoG
Nvm, Sylveon is also an item evolution
  • Ditto 1

9 hours ago, DiegoG said:

This took more brainpower than I expected to need to recruit a Pokemon.
Not only does it not show up in the future dungeons (so I moved all of her sprites over normal Celebi and recruited her in Mystifying Forest), but her personality had no Standby lines, so I also needed to make those (and accidentally murdered my ears with the Hero and Partner line because I didn't know the correct spelling of their name calls)
Ignoring the occasional "The Timegate is close!" comment, Pink Celebi (even the game calls her that internally, btw) works just fine. When you can actually get her. Which, again, requires a bit of SkyTemple editing magic.

I guess I can also add that Mew is nowhere to be found, not even in Zapdos' old spot, being Amp Plains 7F. Soooo, guess what I did. Apart from grabbing the much superior face sprite in the PMD Sprite Repository.
image.png.6bf6b5abf4966337c671c075f8b5df38.pngimage.png.19e9f3d957519abb61cf1c22fd509498.pngimage.png.58977558ed914349084f0973b6740f8d.png

Hey friend! Is this, like... product of your own configuration for the Staro version? If it is, would you mind sharing it with us? I'd love to get Pink Celebi 🤧

• Proud 1

18 hours ago, Epsi said:

Hey friend! Is this, like... product of your own configuration for the Staro version? If it is, would you mind sharing it with us? I'd love to get Pink Celebi 🤧

Indeedly do it is (if you didn't notice from the looong string of text already)
Here you go, Pink Celebi was sprite changed from original Celebi, so go to Mystifying Forest F10 for it.
And Mew is in Zapdos' old spot, Amp Plains 7F. Both require the Mystery Part/ Secret Slab, as is tradition.

Happy hunting!

Explorers of Skies Patch (V1.16).nds

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Here I am again! Prepare for screenshots
So, what happened this time? Well, I noticed how Sylveon only had the Fairy Silk as fam items (along with the other three Eevee things), and then I went to look into another one's list and saw this:
unknown.png
...Yeah. I went into Sky Temple to see what was going on, and I saw the Gem, Dust and Globe, but they were all like this:
unknown.png
After a really long editing session, I managed to have them both appear in the list for only Fairy types and not break the game by seeing the second page (because yes, the game broke quite a lot of times)
unknown.png

But regardless, I managed to have them work, even if it was by copy pasting descriptions from other items. And also because why not, decided to have Prism Ruff work for all Eeveelutions:
unknown.pngunknown.pngimage.png.bee8db0be24792c965c0554c00ce6275.png

• Amazed 1